Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Shoo, like the rest of the filth, has been blinded by Oirishness of the name Riley McGree.

And nice to hear Alex Rae snapping at the pederast caller and his wee group of guys playing about with a moose.

They're doing that thing on SSB, when someone nobody has heard of is linked with the OF, where they get a local expert who's seen plenty of the player to give their thoughts.

Duncan - Tell us about Riley McGree.

Expert - I'm surprised that Celtic have gone for him - he's not very good.

Do for me!
I heard that on the way home. F#cking priceless....B-D

McGree has started 18 of the 61 League matches Birmingham have played since he joined them. That, surely, tells everyone all they need to know about him. Yet, there’s been posters on here telling us he’s ‘very good’! If you are ‘very good’ then you start most games surely.
His playing record leaves a lot to be desired, he could turn out to be a good player for them but we have seen all these Championship Superstars before that couldn’t hack it so time will tell.

The level of player they have signed hasn’t been great so far but they will get one or two decent out their scatter gun approach.

McGree has started 18 of the 61 League matches Birmingham have played since he joined them. That, surely, tells everyone all they need to know about him. Yet, there’s been posters on here telling us he’s ‘very good’! If you are ‘very good’ then you start most games surely.
“Good signing for them unfortunately”
I sometimes wonder if the people who say this has actually watched him regularly or if they’re just going by what tenyve read somewhere. Usually with Timmy spin on it.

I remember the polish expert that came on and said that klimala was a great player so obviously this birmingham expert didnt follow the narrative clyde wanted :D

I remember the polish expert that came on and said that klimala was a great player so obviously this birmingham expert didnt follow the narrative clyde wanted :D
weird ain't it, as this is the only guy who provided an informed opinion, where as timmys are just guessing, so the obvious choice is to take the timmys take on ito_O

Tonight 6.10 to 615 if you haven’t heard it…hilarious! They bring on a football expert from the Midlands local press to discuss what Riley McGree (Celtic’s signing target from Birmingham) is like. He then proceeds to say he cannot understand what Celtic would see in him and he can’t believe how much they’ve downsized!

Appeared not to be on script and the presenter plus wee Hugh trying to illicit some positive comments!

Tonight 6.10 to 615 if you haven’t heard it…hilarious! They bring on a football expert from the Midlands local press to discuss what Riley McGree (Celtic’s signing target from Birmingham) is like. He then proceeds to say he cannot understand what Celtic would see in him and he can’t believe how much they’ve downsized!

Appeared not to be on script and the presenter plus wee Hugh trying to illicit some positive comments!
Think I will have to give this a listen, there will be a few posters on here rattled at that aswell after bumming this guy up.

That call from the Birmingham based reporter was delicious. He basically said he can’t understand why they have signed him and also said it was a real “fall from grace” (he actually used that phrase) for a team that can count the Lisbon Lions amongst its former players.
He struggled to see what he will bring to the team apart from running about a bit.
I’m convinced that Duncan cut him off, it was f.ucking amazing.

No, the polish guy also came on and said he was mince, Gordon Duncan asked him about press reports suggesting he was the next Lewandowski and he burst out laughing! They were raging that night too!

That's how I remember it. I was in the car at the time pissing myself. They really thought he was going to tell them how wonderful this guy was and how much potential he had and he done the opposite. They were in a state of shock, completely floundering. Love the fact it has happened again and the fact Hugh has gotten all defensive, but once he became a journalist he was no longer a support he had to leave his allegiances.....so you did Hugh

I imagine they pobably like to get them on the phone a bit before they go to air, and basically brief them that it's a Celtic propaganda broadcast and they need to find the positives - polishing a turd if need be.

The Brummie journo:

bill-oreilly-anger.gif

Imagine the meeting prior to the programme starting, Producer to Duncan Gordon or Gordon Duncan:

Producer: Right got a top Jurno from the Brum to talk up the best Aussie sounding Irish fella to ever play in the fair city of Brimingham!

DG/GD: Magic... so whats the angle in which we drive this?

SHOE: As always that it is a master stroke from Ange Angeball Postegocugluey that he has managed to scout an Aussie from his homeland with a Orish sounding name the natives will love this!

DG/GD: So do we know anything about this mercurial genius?.... Anyone checked Youtube?

SHOE: as I said DG/GD Orish and Ange knows a player as we can see from his signings so far!

Some time later on Air.....

DG/GD: So Riley McGree... How good a prospect has the great Ange P manged to bring to scotland to join this stations favorite team????

Brummie: Surprised to be honest with you lads how much Celtic has fallen this lad is a proper jobber and you guys used to be the Lisbon Lions!.....

Silence........

PRODUCER (in the ear of all in Studio): GET THIS C.U.N.T A.T.F!!!!!!!! ASAP!

SHOE: Well on mans opinion and all that!

DG/GD: yeah probably not worth listening too, anyway great time to call and give your opinion on the great transfer window that the Board and Ange have done so far!!!

Goes to Break.....

All in studio: Who the F..K allowed that useless Brummie bassa on and why was he not briefed on how this station works!!!!!

I think it went something like that!

Great listening would listen again 5 Stars!

Back