Jurgen Klopp being an oddball

In what way? Liverpool spend massive amounts of cash yet have underperformed in the cups under Klopp.
The cups in England are viewed very differently by the top clubs, the first I noticed it was Arsenal, basically fielding reserves until the latter stages. All the big clubs have now adopted that strategy to focus on League and CL.

I can’t stand the guy, never have, but that question is ridiculous. Implies that covid outbreaks in squads only happen in the PL. I hate it when the media hit out with that nonsense.

In what way? Liverpool spend massive amounts of cash yet have underperformed in the cups under Klopp.

They have to compete with sides over the course of a season who spend even bigger amounts of cash and have even greater squad depth

Liverpool actually have to use the Cups to help build greater depth

The cups in England are viewed very differently by the top clubs, the first I noticed it was Arsenal, basically fielding reserves until the latter stages. All the big clubs have now adopted that strategy to focus on League and CL.
You say that but Manchester City and Chelsea the last decade or so have won bags of cups between them and been in a ton of finals. Arsenal aren’t really a big club anymore, Liverpool’s record in the cups is an embarrassment

It was a poor question but they are football managers. They are asked banal questions on a daily basis. Klopp though seemingly goes out of his way to belittle people. He's become embittered. Mourinho went the same way.
I agree. I liked klopp to begin with but the point you make about Mourinho is true. He’s going down the road of thinking he’s infallible and is above everyone else and that only his thoughts and opinions matter. Coming across really badly now and has done for over a year

Pep must have missed this memo. Tuchel too also fielded a very strong team in the cup. There is rotation then there is not caring. To not win a cup and only reach one final is poor.

They have to compete with sides over the course of a season who spend even bigger amounts of cash and have even greater squad depth

Liverpool actually have to use the Cups to help build greater depth
Since Klopp joined Arsenal have won it twice, City, United, Chelsea and Leicester are the other winners.

He's been a success overall, obviously, but his record in the cups is poor.

I like Klopp, I am however a great believer in what our mums and dads taught us when we were young.

Treat people as you expect to be treated yourself

That said, the question was ridiculous and, as we know from experience, managers have to deal with that level of stupidity every day

Since Klopp joined Arsenal have won it twice, City, United, Chelsea and Leicester are the other winners.

He's been a success overall, obviously, but his record in the cups is poor.

A "success" is a bit of an understatement.

Since Klopp joined Liverpool he has won their first title in 30 years, won a CL, made a CL Final, made a UEFA Cup Final and collected a points total that would have seen them win the league more often than not, they have been pretty heavily invested in other things and quite preoccupied TBH. He has validated the decisions he has made.

City and Chelsea have had the depth and investment to be able to chuck that depth at a league season, Europe and Cups, they have had squads that are in reality football cheat codes.

A "success" is a bit of an understatement.

Since Klopp joined Liverpool he has won their first title in 30 years, won a CL, made a CL Final, made a UEFA Cup Final and collected a points total that would have seen them win the league more often than not, they have been pretty heavily invested in other things and quite preoccupied TBH. He has validated the decisions he has made.

City and Chelsea have had the depth and investment to be able to chuck that depth at a league season, Europe and Cups, they have had squads that are in reality football cheat codes.
Still doesn't mask the fact he's a whiny bitch when things aren't going his way.

You make it sound like Liverpool haven't spent a penny.

Still doesn't mask the fact he's a whiny bitch when things aren't going his way.

You make it sound like Liverpool haven't spent a penny.

Where? they have spent a fortune relative to most, but if comment is to be made about how much they spend it needs to be made about the fact they are against rivals who generally outspend them often TBH.

Ironically if the reporter asked a good question about tactical mistakes he made or how he managed to chuck away a two goal lead to Chelsea, then he would probably have done the same thing.

I really hope they have been caught manipulating the Covid tests.
It that's the case they need punished heavily

Reporter is pathetic here.

Spit it out man. Be clear on what you are saying.

Poor question. Flapping under pressure from Klopp.
The reporter didn’t really ask a question that Klopp could answer other than a yes or a no, don’t know who the reporter is but his boss won’t be happy with such an inept performance

What is it with this absolute throbber? Why does he need to try and belittle reporters at every turn? Maybe if he stopped interrupting the reporter could have finished his question.

Added link below to the press conference question, but if you don't have Twitter what happens is that a reporter asks about injuries last season and not knowing what's around the corner and Klopp just keeps interrupting him.

Honestly can't abide the pr1ck now. Acting like a total ignoramus. A classless wierdo.

The reporter didn’t really ask a question that Klopp could answer other than a yes or a no, don’t know who the reporter is but his boss won’t be happy with such an inept performance
He didn't even get the chance to start never mind finish what he was wanting to say. Klopp was a dick.

That’s not rude. You get far worse in press conferences every single week.

Society is too weak nowadays and we are being conditioned to take offence at anything that we disagree with in any way.

What do we think people would be saying about Jock Wallace nowadays?
From memory, there was an outcry by a few on here when the clip of Jock was shown telling the reporter to " Hurry up"
I noticed the question to Klopp was asked by a Scottish reporter, not known for their pertinent questions.

He's just employing his team's tactics in the press conference. A 'gegenpresser', if you will.
EhcIxRb.gif

They got the game called off v Liverpool then Klopp said only one was positive and the rest were false positives. Clubs have asked EFL to investigate when exactly they found out that all but one were false positives.

How would he know which positive tests were legit and which were an error in the test kit

Media commitments must drive managers mad, yes they get paid big money to do them but still.

Answering the same daft questions all the time must really get on the nerves after a while.

They are contractually obliged to do them now, not like 15 years ago or so when Alex Ferguson used to send his assistants like Carlos Queiros to do the media stuff in his place.

He's the German Martin O'Neill: when winning or top of league he's a kindly man, with a joke for everyone. When he feels they're up against it? Absolute wank.

The reporter has fu*ked it himself there. Albeit Klopp has put him off and acts the cu*t.
I would love one day to see a manager get cheeky and a reporter be like, here you outside now. Square go. That's a presser I would be interested in viewing.

How would he know which positive tests were legit and which were an error in the test kit
I think in England you can retest if no symptoms? I'm not sure. But the clubs are asking for it to be investigated as they think that Liverpool knew there were enough players available to play but saying to the EFL they had these positives (which they knew were false). Yet to read the full article but that is more or less the gist of it.

I think in England you can retest if no symptoms? I'm not sure. But the clubs are asking for it to be investigated as they think that Liverpool knew there were enough players available to play but saying to the EFL they had these positives (which they knew were false). Yet to read the full article but that is more or less the gist of it.
I'm sure they were at it. But proving it would be hard

Klopp is Klopp and sometimes can be a fanny.
But no man is perfect, there are worse than him

There are very like Mcleish for example: magnanimous in defeat, and shook hands and did the interviews with grace even when facing the sack.

Back