The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

David Marshall to QPR

Might get some game time this month with Seny Dieng (formally on loan at Dundee) away at AFCON but he’s likely back up to Archer, making him 3rd choice when Dieng’s back.. would’ve thought he’d have got a move back to Scotland / drop a level in England to be 1st choice.

Life as a back up goalie at a big club is the dream though, what an easy life!

Malmo are in talks with PAOK for a permanent move for Antonio Colak. Initial bid of £1.25m rejected.

I really think we should be hijacking that, he could be had for around £2m which is a snip. I’ve been touting him for us for a while on this forum since he scored against us. He would be a unit in our league.
Suprised the fee is that low.

He looked very good against us.

30 year old Chris Wood, who is pretty decent for Burnley and suits them well, probably scoring about 10-15 goals a season at best - which is fine.

He’s scored 3 this season.

£20m seems huge mismanagement.
Besides FPP compliance, is it not the equivalent of us spending £200,000?

It's actually a genius signing, if you have the money to take the most likely goalscorer off of your relegation rivals, even if he never plays for Newcastle.

30 year old Chris Wood, who is pretty decent for Burnley and suits them well, probably scoring about 10-15 goals a season at best - which is fine.

He’s scored 3 this season.

£20m seems huge mismanagement.
It's the clause in his contract. Burnely weren't selling to Newcastle due to them being a relegation rival, nothing they can do now that Newcastle have matched the clause.

It's the clause in his contract. Burnely weren't selling to Newcastle due to them being a relegation rival, nothing they can do now that Newcastle have matched the clause.
I know, but them choosing to match that clause is poor business IMO :))

I laughed yesterday when they were linked to Wood but this will have a massive affect on Burnley (who already look to be struggling even with Wood)

The 20m part is completely irrelevant. It means nothing to them.

They are weakening a direct rival by taking one of their best players.

Reactions: Moz
Seen a couple of stories online that Boyle's wages offered in Saudi, were nearer the £30k PW. Mind boggling. He'll have wee Maloney in a headlock the now, demanding released.

Don't think £20m for Wood is that bad tbh, he'll get the goals to keep them up and I doubt Burnley will replace him.

SSN saying Newcastle have met Chris Wood’s release clause (thought to be £20m).

Half decent at that level but ridiculously overpriced at that fee.
Utterly ridiculous signing and fee paid. Sums up English football right enough. Although still not anywhere near the worst signings down there. £100 million on Grealish is still the one I’ll never get my head round.

Seen a couple of stories online that Boyle's wages offered in Saudi, were nearer the £30k PW. Mind boggling. He'll have wee Maloney in a headlock the now, demanding released.
Mental money and I’m sure that’s enough to make anyone push for a move, regardless of his feelings towards Hibs

Don't think £20m for Wood is that bad tbh, he'll get the goals to keep them up and I doubt Burnley will replace him.
I think £25 million on him considering he’s out of contract next year is a bit excessive tbh!

There’s a lot better options for that kinda money and I don’t think he’ll keep them up. Only has 3 goals this season for Burnley.

I think £25 million on him considering he’s out of contract next year is a bit excessive tbh!
Where you seeing £25m? I thought it was £20m. It might seem excessive but signing him effectively dooms Burnley imo.

There’s a lot better options for that kinda money and I don’t think he’ll keep them up. Only has 3 goals this season for Burnley.
Still the man they'd look to for the goals especially now Cornet is away to AFCON. Now they've got Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra up front unless they reinvest.

Newcastle might think if they strengthen by weakening Burnley, that leaves them a straight race for 17th with Watford as Norwich are already gone. Worth the premium.

NB I don’t necessarily subscribe to that mind you!

Still the man they'd look to for the goals especially now Cornet is away to AFCON. Now they've got Barnes, Rodriguez and Vydra up front unless they reinvest.
It does weaken Burnley but they now have £25 million to spend on a replacement

20m for that 30 year old lump. I know it's a different level he's playing at but the prices down there for players are an absolute piss take.

Back