The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

Wood £25m

also from the summer window:

Ings £25m
Willock £25m
Dan James £25m

EPL to EPL transfers are utterly mental

contrast with Gray to Everton - 1.6m

I really rate Ings, but even still - mental prices when you consider what we'd be happy to sell Alfie at!

The thread the other day had folk scoffing at the suggestion Alfie could be a target for Newcastle.

Newcastle will now be shopping for the best in the world apparently.:))

£20m for a guy that’s 30 and scored 3 EPL goals this season is bonkers but not surprising.

Howe as manager and Wood as CF suggests the Saudis maybe aren’t as ambitious as the Geordie fans had hoped

They are looking reasonably sensible so far. Going for decent targets improve defence that is key. Striker to cover Wilson. Sensible place to start.

The thread the other day had folk scoffing at the suggestion Alfie could be a target for Newcastle.

Newcastle will now be shopping for the best in the world apparently.:))

£20m for a guy that’s 30 and scored 3 EPL goals this season is bonkers but not surprising.

Howe as manager and Wood as CF suggests the Saudis maybe aren’t as ambitious as the Geordie fans had hoped
No one really believed they would be signing the best players in the world at the moment, only non Newcastle fans. It's all about trying to save themselves from being relegated. Seasons EPL players are what they need right now.

With Newcastle being the richest club in football and obviously desperate to stay in PL, how much do you think it would have took to go to Madrid and get Benzema? Contracts up next year, offer him silly wages for 2 years and sit back and watch him score the goals.

With Newcastle being the richest club in football and obviously desperate to stay in PL, how much do you think it would have took to go to Madrid and get Benzema? Contracts up next year, offer him silly wages for 2 years and sit back and watch him score the goals.
He wouldn't go near Newcastle let's be honest. Close to Winning another league title, still in CL and on a shit ton of money already.

Plus he's probably Madrid's best player.

Has that mcgree gone to Middlesbrough? If so that's a cracker. That mob had him in a bheast top and everything. The bheast I know was showing me the fluke once in a lifetime goal he scored. He was being likened to Bruno fernandes . Not like that mob to jump the gun and make an absolute chunt of themselves..

Those types of players are still out of Newcastle's reach. They need players that can keep them up this season. Then in the summer they can look at adding players to make them a good side. It won't be until they reach the Champions League, then they'll be able to shop at the top end of the market.

Also Villa seemingly close to signing Kerr Smith from Dundee Hibs in a £2m deal - wonder if Gerrard was an admirer while he was at Ibrox and whether he had lined up a move for him to Rangers...
Probably a player he’d have watched for a while but we can’t really justify paying £2million on a youngster so it would’ve been unrealistic

The reporter in the record fair seems broken over that McGree knockback. He "turned his back on celtic " etc, and makes out he broke an agreement. The same reporter Mckay that got reprimanded for his past bigoted tweeting. Good that he is hurting.

Howling at the scum missing out on that player. Some folk had him down as outstanding talent and stuff on here so I’m glad they didn’t get him. Still hilarious even if he is pish regardless.

is it just me or is most of that video him doing a wee turn then as the pass is made it cuts away
almost as if all his fancy dan crap came to nothing

ffs his highlight reel includes taking corners that you don't even see who got on the end of it
Was about to post similar :D taking a corner in a highlight video.

Lost the ball about 5 times and most passes further than 5 yards he gave the ball away.

If that's his highlights I wouldn't want to see him on a bad day fs

Welcome to Geordie-land, Canny lad
glasgow-rangers-goalkeeper-chris-woods-and-fan-celebrate-after-the-11-picture-id528453216

Supposedly benfica have offered jota a new contract, with a wage increase
I reckon the scum will eventually get him. Read some guy on Twitter claiming Jota has just bought a house in Glasgow. Same shit was said about Howe tbf but there’s conflicting reports going around about whether the kid will sign or not. I think he will eventually in the next few days, they would be mad to miss out on him after his performances so far. Granted it’s only half the season so far but it’s similar to the impact Ryan Kent had on us when he was on loan.

If they miss out on him permanently as far as I’m aware they still have him for the season, he’ll be a key player for them this season regardless.

Just catching up on all this. I thought Fat Body made a personal appeal to seal the deal? Imagine being given a KB for Boro :D
Alright mate, I um really want um to say I can't stop looking at my feet. Um, look mate, I will kill your hammies if you come and fight for 3rd place with Hibernations fc. So what ya think, mate?

Mate?

Mate?

Mate?

Ah fuckim, some other cnut from Oz will sign.

Villa sign Digne from Everton for deal worth £25m.

I'm sure I saw that Villa can't spend more than a couple of million this window due to Financial Fair Play?

Villa sign Digne from Everton for deal worth £25m.

I'm sure I saw that Villa can't spend more than a couple of million this window due to Financial Fair Play?
Don’t think it’s properly enforced. Another big signing for Villa which adds pressure on Gerrard. Board has seriously backed him and he needs to deliver results.

£25m less than a player like Wan-Bisakka. Similar fee to what Newcastle are paying for Wood.

Digne is a fantastic player and Rafa Benitez should have buried the fall out and played him. Makes them (Everton) weaker.

Digne is a good player but £25mil for him is an EPL inflated price for a player of his ability.

There's a distinct lack of good left-backs around Europe.

£25m for someone with Digne's output in his time at Everton is good business, especially with how Villa's full-backs will play under Gerrard.

Yeah, pocket change for Villa. Gerrard is able to spend what he wants at Villa and he'll be loving it, as any manager wouold, but he is also shopping in a market where someone like Digne, who say he was coming from Germany, would cost you £15mil. Aston Villa and Gerrard are now having to pay £25mil for someone like that.

Not that our former gaffer will care, he'll be absolutely loving having all this dough B-)

Back