The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

Don’t think it’s properly enforced. Another big signing for Villa which adds pressure on Gerrard. Board has seriously backed him and he needs to deliver results.
To be fair he has them playing some good football atm. Anytime they have been on tv they have looked like they are getting the message.

Imagine if Spurs mess this one up. He needs to be able to bring in his own players.

Said it to a Spurs supporting workmate last night that Conte will walk and I think some of the line ups have been a statement to the board. i.e Look what crap Im having to play...

I still cant believe Steve Hitchem is still in a job, its his role to buy / sell players and some of the signings Spurs have made have been absolutely horrendous!

They are very much in the Unai Emery / Early Arteta days of mediocrity, their whole squad needs gutted but they never seem to have any sort of clear out.

This may well go on to be an epic title battle and worse teams than them have won the league however, on paper they have gotten rid of Ajer, Frimpong, Edouard, Christie, Brown and Elyonoussi and replaced them with Jota (player), Kyogo (player) and now 3 Japanese guys that are a total gamble. I am not convinced they aren't weaker now than they were last Jan.

This may well go on to be an epic title battle and worse teams than them have won the league however, on paper they have gotten rid of Ajer, Frimpong, Edouard, Christie, Brown and Elyonoussi and replaced them with Jota (player), Kyogo (player) and now 3 Japanese guys that are a total gamble. I am not convinced they aren't weaker now than they were last Jan.
They spent 18-20 million in the summer.

They're currently looking at having spent.

1.5m Maeda
1m Ideguchi
1.5m Hatate

So far they've spent about 24 million on players and are still considering

6m Vickers
6.5m Jota

If they make no more signings they'll have spent between 24 million to 36 million, to build a side that is fully of risks and casts no real fear.

If they don't hit the ground running and fall behind further quickly, who do celtic fans blame as they can't say the board didn't provide cash for transfers.

no way are they done. Bet my bottom dollar on that, Just pish talk to make us feel adequate for what we have.

Well they seem to be stockpiling masses of players.

It's certainly quantity as opposed to quality, but I don't see the board sanctioning much more for the fat man.

What other positions do you see them trying to fill?
I've tried to list them below and I've no doubt forgotten a couple, but they are bloated with mediocrity.

Keepers
Hart
Bain
Barkas

Full backs
Juranovic
Ralston
Taylor
Scales
Bollingoli

Central Defenders
CV
Starfelt
Welsh
Julian (back training)

Midfield
McGregor
McCarthy
Rogic
Turnbull
Biton
2 new Japanese signings
Soro

Forwards
Abada
Forrest
New Japanese signing
Kyogo
Jota
Fat Greek
Ajeti
Montgomery
MJ (still there?)

1.5m Maeda
1m Ideguchi
1.5m Hatate

6m Vickers
6.5m Jota

If they make no more signings they'll have spent between 24 million to 36 million, to build a side that is fully of risks and casts no real fear.

If they don't hit the ground running and fall behind further quickly, who do celtic fans blame as they can't say the board didn't provide cash for transfers.
Who they already blame , mason refs B-D

It's certainly quantity as opposed to quality, but I don't see the board sanctioning much more for the fat man.

I've tried to list them below and I've no doubt forgotten a couple, but they are bloated with mediocrity.

Keepers
Hart
Bain
Barkas

Full backs
Juranovic
Ralston
Taylor
Scales
Bollingoli

Central Defenders
CV
Starfelt
Welsh
Julian (back training)

Midfield
McGregor
McCarthy
Rogic
Turnbull
Biton
2 new Japanese signings
Soro

Forwards
Abada
Forrest
New Japanese signing
Kyogo
Jota
Fat Greek
Ajeti
Montgomery
MJ (still there?)
That’ll be another massive rebuild

They are suffering for not having a Sporting Director. Imagine the clearout of Japanese and Ozzies that will happen when Ange gets fired before the end of 2022.

I don’t believe for a minute they are done, mind games in the hope we will get complacent and go with what we’ve got.

If we bring in 1 or 2 more players of quality we run away with it again

For all they have droned on about having a small squad when you actually look at the numbers, they have about 33 players in it.

It's just that they have accumulated a lot of garbage in the past few years.

Fat Ange will have been told that the squad needs trimmed.

1.5m Maeda
1m Ideguchi
1.5m Hatate

6m Vickers
6.5m Jota

Has Jota signed for them?

Has Jota signed for them?
No, the chat is still they want to sign him but there's nothing more yet.

That's why I only noted him and Vickers as possible signings to be added on but even without them it's a lot of money to spend for little return in terms of quality.

Keepers
Hart
Bain
Barkas

Full backs
Juranovic
Ralston
Taylor
Scales
Bollingoli

Central Defenders
CV
Starfelt
Welsh
Julian (back training)

Midfield
McGregor
McCarthy
Rogic
Turnbull
Biton
2 new Japanese signings
Soro

Forwards
Abada
Forrest
New Japanese signing
Kyogo
Jota
Fat Greek
Ajeti
Montgomery
MJ (still there?)

allegedly missed out on Riley, so has he flung his toys out of the pram? Surely if you were given assurances you can get a player for £3m and it does not work out then you move onto your next target?

1.5m Maeda
1m Ideguchi
1.5m Hatate

6m Vickers
6.5m Jota

Agree. always found it weird that the default for them was 'Blame the board'. Other than the McGinn mess (thank god), they have constantly been backed with player after player. Especially given we play in scotland.

allegedly missed out on Riley, so has he flung his toys out of the pram? Surely if you were given assurances you can get a player for £3m and it does not work out then you move onto your next target?

You just don't know with them mate.

Their signing policy seems totally scattergun, plus £3 mill sounds a lot for someone who's been on loan at Birmingham and not made a huge contribution this season.

If he was their first choice, then the back up option could be interesting.

You just don't know with them mate.

Their signing policy seems totally scattergun, plus £3 mill sounds a lot for someone who's been on loan at Birmingham and not made a huge contribution this season.

If he was their first choice, then the back up option could be interesting.

How many loans do they have, 2? Can see them going for a few high profile loans if you still can register 6 as long as not in same league. Think its two from same league.

Neither am I. I'm not buying the huge improvement nonsense. I've watched them. They are turgid.

They're only still deluding themselves as we've drawn 3 games at Ibrox which has just about kept them alive.

How many loans do they have, 2? Can see them going for a few high profile loans if you still can register 6 as long as not in same league. Think its two from same league.

If he does,,then he'll need to end up shifting a good few out and a lot of them are on big contracts and will be reluctant to move.

The fact that Boro almost doubled the wages they offered to McGree suggests to me that he hasn't got fortunes to play with.

I'm convinced they're definitely weaker than last January.

The only area they look stronger is goalkeeper

Anyone saying otherwise isn't paying attention, their title hopes are pinned on him. I hope he snaps both Achilles after doing a backflip celebration after a last minute equaliser at home to St Mirren (which is subsequently wrongly ruled out for offside).

Do you see him being as productive as Elyanoussi was last season for them mate?

17 goals and 11 assists.

On paper they are probably weaker but alot of those names above chucked the towel in last season.

The scum are not done at all, Postecoglou did the same things with injuries where he has said a player has no chance of making a game and then said player ends up starting.

They just tried to spend £3m for McGree before he rejected them so it’s clear they are looking for more players. I imagine they’ll bring in one or two loans.

Neither am I. I'm not buying the huge improvement nonsense. I've watched them. They are turgid.

They're only still deluding themselves as we've drawn 3 games at Ibrox which has just about kept them alive.

2 of those games involved us conceding last minute goals to individual errors as well.

We should already be out of sight.

If he does,,then he'll need to end up shifting a good few out and a lot of them are on big contracts and will be reluctant to move.

The fact that Boro almost doubled the wages they offered to McGree suggests to me that he hasn't got fortunes to play with.
Where you see this mate?

Back