The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

Do you see him being as productive as Elyanoussi was last season for them mate?

17 goals and 11 assists.
All things being equal, yes. The numbers you quote there are not accurate for assists, Transfermarkt mis-counts assists by including parried shots and being fouled for a penalty or free kick goal as assists. He got 4 league assist in 34 appearances, Jota has 4 from 11. Elyounoussi had 10 league goals from 34 appearances, Jota has half that from a third of the appearances. My judgement is from from watching the players though. Elyounoussi was a good goalscorer and that was his primary strength for me. Jota is a very good dribbler of the ball with excellent pace and he has end product too. Much as I hate to admit it. Still holding out hope he’ll decide against the move.

Neither am I. I'm not buying the huge improvement nonsense. I've watched them. They are turgid.

They're only still deluding themselves as we've drawn 3 games at Ibrox which has just about kept them alive.

Factor in that SPFL managers will have adapted to "Ange ball" - their biggest wins were the first three home league games of the season they had a GD of +15 , just +5 in the next 6.

All things being equal, yes. The numbers you quote there are not accurate for assists, Transfermarkt mis-counts assists by including parried shots and being fouled for a penalty or free kick goal as assists. He got 4 league assist in 34 appearances, Jota has 4 from 11. Elyounoussi had 10 league goals from 34 appearances, Jota has half that from a third of the appearances. My judgement is from from watching the players though. Elyounoussi was a good goalscorer and that was his primary strength for me. Jota is a very good dribbler of the ball with excellent pace and he has end product too. Much as I hate to admit it. Still holding out hope he’ll decide against the move.

The fact he's back doing light training for them suggests he'll be here for the rest of the season anyway.

Don't know if you saw their game against Hearts at the piggery, but Michael Smith played Jota really well and never gave him a kick.

He kept showing him outside on to his weaker foot and Jota never got past him once.

It was good experienced defending.

Factor in that SPFL managers will have adapted to "Ange ball" - their biggest wins were the first three home league games of the season they had a GD of +15 , just +5 in the next 6.
Same in Europe. The manager of Leverkusen said the first game against them took them totally by surprise which is why the scum made a game of it, by the second leg they were sussed out.

Anyway, I’d be majorly disappointed if I was one of them and all they brought in was a few massive risk unknown Japanese players for a few bob. I actually think by not losing any first team players and bringing in Sands we will have had a better window. And that’s before we know if we’re getting Souttar, Dohki or anyone else.

The fact he's back doing light training for them suggests he'll be here for the rest of the season anyway.

Don't know if you saw their game against Hearts at the piggery, but Michael Smith played Jota really well and never gave him a kick.

He kept showing him outside on to his weaker foot and Jota never got past him once.

Was hoping he was away back to Portugal.

Benfica didn’t have a recall option. The only question is what the terms of the option to buy are, you’d think it’s still up to the player.
Yeh I had that one on in the background and they kept him quiet.

The meltdown by the Rhats over McGree is bigger than chernobyl B-D
They would have banked on a player with a “diddley dee” name from their worldwide oirish community being anxious to sign for them.
Well there’s news for them - not everyone with an oirish name loves them. He’s a traitor that the groin brigade won’t forgive or forget.

Do you see him being as productive as Elyanoussi was last season for them mate?

17 goals and 11 assists.

It's not always simply about numbers though. The boy looks a very good player and it's not unstaunch to say so. The same as Kyogo. Injuries to both of them and they looked absolutely sh*t, they've barely won a game without them they are clearly the key players for them if they have any chance of staying with us.

I seen a stat on Twitter earlier from a Crash Barrier saying Aribo has the same amount of league assists as Christie who left them in August. I haven't even checked it out to see if that is actually true, but if it is, then it just shows you that numbers don't always tell the full story.

It's not always simply about numbers though. The boy looks a very good player and it's not unstaunch to say so. The same as Kyogo. Injuries to both of them and they looked absolutely sh*t, they've barely won a game without them they are clearly the key players for them if they have any chance of staying with us.

I seen a stat on Twitter earlier from a Crash Barrier saying Aribo has the same amount of league assists as Christie who left them in August. I haven't even checked it out to see if that is actually true, but if it is, then it just shows you that numbers don't always tell the full story.

It's also incredible to think Tavernier has almost twice as many assists as anyone else in our league, including Jota.

Jota has looked good in most games, but I wonder if teams will learn from how Smith played him, when Hearts visited the piggery.

He was totally anonymous that night.

Shame we won't get to see Riley light up the Spl :rolleyes:

They have gone from signing him, Vickers and Jota to their manager saying their business is over.
Has he said that? Surprised they are not looking to add a left back or a wide player to be honest.

People compare him to Pedro, I think that's wrong, he is much more like Warburton. From his 'philosophy', his stubbornness, lack of plan b.

It's also incredible to think Tavernier has almost twice as many assists as anyone else in our league, including Jota.

Jota has looked good in most games, but I wonder if teams will learn from how Smith played him, when Hearts visited the piggery.

I think Tav will deal with him fine. Tav always had Sinclair in his back pocket and Jota is a similar type of player.

He should more worried about Tav than Tav will be about him

Also, not to bring up old wounds of our own, but for these japanese signings has the same stench all over it as Pena and Herrera.

A manager who doenst know what he's got himself in to, from a foreign league, getting players he's heard of before with no comprehension of how they'll in to scottish football or the claire required to play at rangers or celtic.

The scum are not done at all, Postecoglou did the same things with injuries where he has said a player has no chance of making a game and then said player ends up starting.

They just tried to spend £3m for McGree before he rejected them so it’s clear they are looking for more players. I imagine they’ll bring in one or two loans.

He suits Celtic perfectly, a dirty lying sneak.

Well they seem to be stockpiling masses of players.

It's certainly quantity as opposed to quality, but I don't see the board sanctioning much more for the fat man.

What other positions do you see them trying to fill?
I've tried to list them below and I've no doubt forgotten a couple, but they are bloated with mediocrity.

Keepers
Hart
Bain
Barkas

Full backs
Juranovic
Ralston
Taylor
Scales
Bollingoli

Central Defenders
CV
Starfelt
Welsh
Julian (back training)

Midfield
McGregor
McCarthy
Rogic
Turnbull
Biton
2 new Japanese signings
Soro

Forwards
Abada
Forrest
New Japanese signing
Kyogo
Jota
Fat Greek
Ajeti
Montgomery
MJ (still there?)
That squad is f()cking stinking :))

Also, not to bring up old wounds of our own, but for these japanese signings has the same stench all over it as Pena and Herrera.

A manager who doenst know what he's got himself in to, from a foreign league, getting players he's heard of before with no comprehension of how they'll in to scottish football or the claire required to play at rangers or celtic.
I think because furihashi has did so well, this has probably given credence to their managers request to recruit more japanese players from where he was managing last year.

If the Japanese had flopped then theres no chance the greek guy would have been allowed to bring over another 3 of them.

Think its reasonable to assume that including the current one, it would be very surprising if all 4 were to be successful signings given the differences in culture, weather, language and even the way we play football in this country.

50/50 hit success rate they are probably doing well so means 1 of new ones will be decent, the other 2 shite:))

I think because furihashi has did so well, this has probably given credence to their managers request to recruit more japanese players from where he was managing last year.

If the Japanese had flopped then theres no chance the greek guy would have been allowed to bring over another 3 of them.

Think its reasonable to assume that including the current one, it would be very surprising if all 4 were to be successful signings given the differences in culture, weather, language and even the way we play football in this country.

50/50 hit success rate they are probably doing well so means 1 of new ones will be decent, the other 2 shite:))

Yes - worth noting they haven't gone back to the Greek market...

50/50 hit success rate they are probably doing well so means 1 of new ones will be decent, the other 2 shite
I think Hatate will probably do well. Maeda might but could struggle for game time. The other one I don't think will feature much.

Looks like the yahoo board wouldn't pony up for Riley Mcgee and fat Flange has gone into a bit of a sulk about it.

I'd imagine Jota either doesn't want to stay with them beyond this season or he's been priced out of a permanent move as well going by his body language.

Looks like the yahoo board wouldn't pony up for Riley Mcgee and fat Flange has gone into a bit of a sulk about it.

I'd imagine Jota either doesn't want to stay with them beyond this season or he's been priced out of a permanent move as well going by his body language.

How do you think he’s taken the huff ?

People compare him to Pedro, I think that's wrong, he is much more like Warburton.
To be fair to all of them, Warburton had and has Coached at a higher level and ultimately seems far more clued up. His downside I feel is that he seems to be doing Football as a job in the same way you or I do our jobs. I never really got the feeling he lives and breathes it the way the best Managers do.

Big Ange strikes me as being figuratively and literally from the Bush Leagues and at nearly 60 he’s not suddenly become the great Coach the Scottish Media think he is.

There’s something incredibly false about his tough talk in the media and then there’s the inability to look at people when being interviewed….

A gutless wonder due to be exposed very soon

I still randomly think about the Motherwell and Hearts draws sometimes and it totally fucks my mood. Both utterly ridiculous draws.
I understand that but our points total overall was probably about right for the way we played in that first stretch of the season. We were fortunate to draw v Dundee far less win.

The bigger sickener for me is the numerous point-winning decisions they have benefitted from.

I think £25 million on him considering he’s out of contract next year is a bit excessive tbh!

Burnley must think its a great deal, they have 25 mil to spend on a younger player on a 4 year deal or lose woods for nought.

Anybody seen much of the boy vlahovic at fiorentina that's been linked to half of the epl? Just wondered what kind of player he was.....just a penalty box striker or more to him?

Back