MyGers Points Update

I’m silver and pretty much guaranteed more from MyGers than I got in the last season of the CCCS, and that’s with three extra cup games on the CCCS.

It is shite though.
I’m silver and I don’t think we’ll get to 4, which was I got under CCCS. Plus the additionals you got (usually unsold Livi & Killie)

Have picked up spares for everywhere but Motherwell & Tynecastle this season so far

Being top down is news to me for how the piggery games would be allocated

Was always an understanding that it would be gold members only but no mention of top down
You can bet your bottom dollar that people are bombarding the my Gers email with that suggestion.

Some are desperate for it.

I’m silver and I don’t think we’ll get to 4, which was I got under CCCS. Plus the additionals you got (usually unsold Livi & Killie)

Have picked up spares for everywhere but Motherwell & Tynecastle this season so far
I’ve had two as a silvery/gold. 0 from Silver.
Missed Tannadice and Tynecastle. Struggling for Tuesday.

Never been to an away game and finally decided to register for the away games coming up via mygers.

When do you usually find out if you’ve been successful for the tickets?

Never been to an away game and finally decided to register for the away games coming up via mygers.

When do you usually find out if you’ve been successful for the tickets?
There’s no set date but should be a few days after registration for each game closes .

You can bet your bottom dollar that people are bombarding the my Gers email with that suggestion.

Some are desperate for it.
I’m fairly confident if you had high points, you would be too. But you don’t, so you don’t. Funny that.

Imagine suggesting that for the highest profile game, with very limited tickets, those most loyal, in a loyalty membership scheme, should get priority. Shocking from some. What’s the difference between that and Hearts being exclusive to gold only - is that fair?

And I really don’t think they are. The club will do what they want, when they want.

I’m fairly confident if you had high points, you would be too. But you don’t, so you don’t. Funny that.

Imagine suggesting that for the highest profile game, with very limited tickets, those most loyal, in a loyalty membership scheme, should get priority. Shocking from some. What’s the difference between that and Hearts being exclusive to gold only - is that fair?

And I really don’t think they are. The club will do what they want, when they want.
I agree that those high up should get priority for the matches with smaller allocations, that's how loyalty should work.

My problem lies with the club making it up as they go along, when this system started did they state that certain games would be top down, or gold only? I don't believe they did but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Then there was another situation where an email said "you can only apply for this match if you have applied for every other SPL away match before this" even though they told people to only apply for games they needed tickets to about a month before.

I'm sorry but paying £40 on top on your season ticket to join an away scheme that excludes Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen is pointless for some folk, as every other ticket is easy to pick up elsewhere.

Had a wee look at my update there, up 56 points now.
Not sure why, as I was up 46 the other day awaiting Lyon to be added.

Not sure where top down is used?
I’ve 1804 points and never got Hearts or Aberdeen.
Even if it was only gold for each game then suspect I should have got ticket for at least one of these.
So not sure how it works but I do think system with all its flaws is better than CCCS.

Was Hearts top down? Why should any other league game be then?

I certainly wouldn’t be emailing anyone saying I deserve I ticket more than the next guy.

I agree that those high up should get priority for the matches with smaller allocations, that's how loyalty should work.

My problem lies with the club making it up as they go along, when this system started did they state that certain games would be top down, or gold only? I don't believe they did but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Then there was another situation where an email said "you can only apply for this match if you have applied for every other SPL away match before this" even though they told people to only apply for games they needed tickets to about a month before.

I'm sorry but paying £40 on top on your season ticket to join an away scheme that excludes Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen is pointless for some folk, as every other ticket is easy to pick up elsewhere.
I don’t have an issue with the club changing things to improve MyGers. But the club need to realise they will never make everyone happy. People will disagree with top down as they deem it not to be fair but the same people agree with gold only for Hearts or Celtic or having to apply for x amount of matches is fine, how?

Obviously it’s got to be fair but loyalty should ultimately be rewarded. We are now going to be in a situation where there are 300 points between top and bottom in gold - that’s massive. That could basically be 20 European matches in the last 5 years. There is no one that will ever convince me that someone who’s bought all the same ST, friendlies, cups etc but has went to 20 European matches more than someone else, over the same period of time, should not receive a benefit from this.

The argument previously was gold has a better chance than silver - but gold does not current in a ballot have a better chance of a ticket than someone else in gold, unless they’ve went to less games, which is just a complete joke.

Not sure where top down is used?
I’ve 1804 points and never got Hearts or Aberdeen.
Even if it was only gold for each game then suspect I should have got ticket for at least one of these.
So not sure how it works but I do think system with all its flaws is better than CCCS.
It’s only better if you are in gold. But everyone has the same opportunity to be in gold. It might just take a few years to get there.

Top down was used in old TC. It was fair. Everyone understood it and most importantly, everyone accepted it. Rangers are still using it for European tickets and with semi and finals.

Was Hearts top down? Why should any other league game be then?

I certainly wouldn’t be emailing anyone saying I deserve I ticket more than the next guy.
No, but it was gold only and has nearly a 50% higher allocation. Was it being exclusive to gold and only for those that have registered for x games fair?

Why are European tickets top down? Why are semi and final tickets top down? Because the club decides.

No, but it was gold only and has nearly a 50% higher allocation. Was it being exclusive to gold and only for those than has registered for x games fair?

Why are European tickets top down? Why are semi and final tickets top down? Because the club decides.
Frequent European travellers will eventually get to the top of the pile due to the difference in points allocated. Much like the TC those who went got the big Euro ties. Pish short term for guys who were high TC points and are missing out now.

Top down for semis/finals top down as if it was ballots in tiers % of gold, silver, bronze you would theoretically have guys on 1800 points missing out to someone on 100 points.

Celtic was sold as gold only not top down and should remain so.

I say that as someone in Silver.

It’s only better if you are in gold. But everyone has the same opportunity to be in gold. It might just take a few years to get there.

Top down was used in old TC. It was fair. Everyone understood it and most importantly, everyone accepted it. Rangers are still using it for European tickets and with semi and finals.
It’s not the same thing. What your suggesting creates a closed shop . Especially when people can buy euro aways and get them posted out . The travel club also gave you the same points for applying and being unsuccessful . My gers is a mess because to be in gold you didn’t even need to go to aways every week just sign up for cccs and there’s no way to track who did . Also the supply and demand issue is much bigger especially now as if your gold you’ll apply for every euro away to staythere whether they go or not .

Frequent European travellers will eventually get to the top of the pile due to the difference in points allocated. Much like the TC those who went got the big Euro ties. Pish short term for guys who were high TC points and are missing out now.

Top down for semis/finals top down as if it was ballots in tiers % of gold, silver, bronze you would theoretically have guys on 1800 points missing out to someone on 100 points.

Celtic was sold as gold only not top down and should remain so.

I say that as someone in Silver.
Top down is gold only for 300 tickets. It was never sold as a ballot. Not once. A ballot was never mentioned because at the time tickets were going to be allocated - it was on a first come basis - which they would never have done for 300 OF tickets.

It’s not the same thing. What your suggesting creates a closed shop . Especially when people can buy euro aways and get them posted out . The travel club also gave you the same points for applying and being unsuccessful . My gers is a mess because to be in gold you didn’t even need to go to aways every week just sign up for cccs and there’s no way to track who did . Also the supply and demand issue is much bigger especially now as if your gold you’ll apply for every euro away to staythere whether they go or not .
Not this closed shop nonsense again. Every single person has the exact same opportunity to acquire the exact same number of points. It can never be a closed shop. If someone don’t want to go to that game or buy this or that, that’s a choice. It’s not a closed shop.

Top down is gold only for 300 tickets. It was never sold as a ballot. Not once. A ballot was never mentioned because at the time tickets were going to be allocated - it was on a first come basis - which they would never have done for 300 OF tickets.
Who said it was sold as a ballot?
It was never sold top down. Not once.

Who said it was sold as a ballot?
It was never sold top down. Not once.
It was sold as gold only. Not a ballot. Not first come. Not top down. Gold only. So what’s your point? There was no mention of how you acquire the ticket, only you had to be in gold.

It was sold as gold only. Not a ballot. Not first come. Not top down. Gold only. So what’s your point? There was no mention of how you acquire the ticket, only you had to be in gold.

It will be like Tynecastle over X amount of points can buy a ticket if it comes to it I would guess.

My point is you are adamant it is top down.
I’ve yet to see that anywhere apart from guys on here.

Not this closed shop nonsense again. Every single person has the exact same opportunity to acquire the exact same number of points. It can never be a closed shop. If someone don’t want to go to that game or buy this or that, that’s a choice. It’s not a closed shop.
If everyone buys the same as everyone else then nobody can move making it a closed shop. People are registering and getting tickets they don't want to keep up their points or buying things they neither want nor need to do likewise.

In the scenario above, how do people move? Or are you going to use the naive outlook of Rangers that people won't?

It will be like Tynecastle over X amount of points can buy a ticket if it comes to it I would guess.
This is the issue, nobody knows anything cause the club still don’t like communicating.

You telling me 2 weeks before game they don’t know? How hard would it be for the SLO to tell us? Top down,a lot of unhappy people. Ballot, a lot of unhappy people. You will not please everyone but you are pleasing no one by not communicating.

If everyone buys the same as everyone else then nobody can move making it a closed shop. People are registering and getting tickets they don't want to keep up their points or buying things they neither want nor need to do likewise.

In the scenario above, how do people move? Or are you going to use the naive outlook of Rangers that people won't?
But not everyone will. That’s the point. Those that do should be rewarded.

There are issues with top down, agree. But people are currently in a ballot set up buying tickets they don’t want. It’s already happening.

Everybody has the same chance as everyone else ? Nope they don’t just look at Europe and plenty who used to do every game that don’t have that opportunity now boy that runs out bus as an example the reason he’s not done aways since we got back in the top league .

Everybody has the same chance as everyone else ? Nope they don’t just look at Europe and plenty who used to do every game that don’t have that opportunity now boy that runs out bus as an example the reason he’s not done aways since we got back in the top league .
They don’t have the same opportunity due to them having less points. Everyone right now will have the same opportunity in 3 years time.

This is the issue, nobody knows anything cause the club still don’t like communicating.

You telling me 2 weeks before game they don’t know? How hard would it be for the SLO to tell us? Top down,a lot of unhappy people. Ballot, a lot of unhappy people. You will not please everyone but you are pleasing no one by not communicating.

We’re not getting tickets for it that’s why.

Yes and that’s why I liked the travel club.
It wasn’t just a tick the box which CCCS was.
I’m gold and always wanted a loyalty scheme because I want to be rewarded for my loyalty over the years.
I do understand the frustration and flaws where younger loyal supporters are finding it frustrating that older codgers like myself have advantage.
Be that with available finance and time now that I’m in retirement.
I’m old enough to remember pay at the gate for all fixtures and season stubs for away games when things picked up.
I won’t apologise for being happy with my gold tier but also don’t expect it to be a closed shop for all tickets. Which I know it’s not because of my allocation this year.

I don’t have an issue with the club changing things to improve MyGers. But the club need to realise they will never make everyone happy. People will disagree with top down as they deem it not to be fair but the same people agree with gold only for Hearts or Celtic or having to apply for x amount of matches is fine, how?

Obviously it’s got to be fair but loyalty should ultimately be rewarded. We are now going to be in a situation where there are 300 points between top and bottom in gold - that’s massive. That could basically be 20 European matches in the last 5 years. There is no one that will ever convince me that someone who’s bought all the same ST, friendlies, cups etc but has went to 20 European matches more than someone else, over the same period of time, should not receive a benefit from this.

The argument previously was gold has a better chance than silver - but gold does not current in a ballot have a better chance of a ticket than someone else in gold, unless they’ve went to less games, which is just a complete joke.
I take your point and agree to an extent but someone that doesn’t do many European games will turn round and say “well I’ve contributed the same amount of money to Rangers as you even if you’ve done 20 European games and I’ve only done 5”

Whether we like it or not, the club don’t benefit financially from fans that do European away games. They do benefit financially from those that go to every home game domestically and in European competitions

I take your point and agree to an extent but someone that doesn’t do many European games will turn round and say “well I’ve contributed the same amount of money to Rangers as you even if you’ve done 20 European games and I’ve only done 5”

Whether we like it or not, the club don’t benefit financially from fans that do European away games. They do benefit financially from those that go to every home game domestically and in European competitions
It’s the same argument I’ll keep making - the club significantly benefit from an away European support. Thousands cheering on the team - fans have won us points. Anyone that was in Braga will probably agree that we probably don’t win that match without the 4000 fans. It was phenomenal. And how many millions did we make from qualification?

I think the club now allocating 15 points for European matches shows how highly they appreciate it.

If the club want to call it a loyalty membership, then reward loyalty. That’s my point. But is buying a programme loyalty?

I thought it was confirmed?
Celtic told their supporters at a forum thing they were not giving us an allocation. But of course they would. Just as they had to cut our allocation after we cut theirs. But I don’t believe they can just refuse. There has to be certain criteria. But it’s not official or the club would have informed us… maybe.

Celtic told their supporters at a forum thing they were not giving us an allocation. But of course they would. Just as they had to cut our allocation after we cut theirs. But I don’t believe they can just refuse. There has to be certain criteria. But it’s not official or the club would have informed us… maybe.
Celtic will have a full stadium of their own fans with no red zone and Stewart Robertson will just accept it and say heehaw. Thats what a reckon will happen

Back