Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

My sympathies to even more victims but an overriding concern is that there is always a risk of more victims given the deafening silence in media by church parents and one club. This latest link should be exposed by the media NOW and justice done for past victims but prevention for future vulnerable young children

Last edited:
My sympathies to even more victims but an overrding concern is that there is always a risk of more victims given the deafening silence in media by church parents and one club. This latest link should be exposed by the media NOW and justice done for past victims but prevention for future vulnerable young children
Unfortunately some of the parents are brainwashed by that disgusting cult. It helps when there is a compliant media as well. You only need to look at the Leigh Griffiths article. In the article it stated parents weren’t happy with the child due to her ‘flirty texts’ with Griff. No Leigh Griffiths was asking for naked photos of a child. Absolutely disgusting and no wonder why these paedophiles in this country feel like they can get away with it. If that was my kid The last person who’d be the victim would be the paedophile FS!

Thor is absolutely right, the parents’ “omertà” surrounding the abuse of children is astonishing to any right minded person, but it was not that long ago that Cardinal Winning issued an instruction that anyone who suspected wrong doing by their Priest should contact the office of their Bishop.
So, we had a senior clergyman telling his flock “ if you believe a crime has been committed don’t go to the Police, keep it in house”.

The Police / Justice system could have spoken out at the time, but their silence was deafening.

This mindset is carried over into all walks of life by its adherents, you cannot speak out against “your own”, even when speaking out would save innocent children from abuse.

William Gilbert, groomed from a young age.
Father was a police officer.

Gilbert also trolled the victims.

I was sent this today looks like another one that connected to the scum.

If there is any truth to this then that club should be shut down immediately. Not only have they refused to accept responsibility for historic cases, they seem to have current issues if that is true.

Why does that club attract so many of these allegations? A question that should be asked by any journalist who has a conscience.

Spotlight have been working on the subject below for a while now, but as you can see it’s been released on social media.
We will update this with a Spotlight post obviously stating the research that we have carried out.
As always, Spotlight will update with facts.

Just to quote Nick...

"As long as the sun shines Celtics history is a stain on the safe guarding of young boys "

And yet, Police Scotland saw fit to hold their Child Protection summit at Celtic Park. That just never felt right.

Thor is absolutely right, the parents’ “omertà” surrounding the abuse of children is astonishing to any right minded person, but it was not that long ago that Cardinal Winning issued an instruction that anyone who suspected wrong doing by their Priest should contact the office of their Bishop.
So, we had a senior clergyman telling his flock “ if you believe a crime has been committed don’t go to the Police, keep it in house”.

The Police / Justice system could have spoken out at the time, but their silence was deafening.

This mindset is carried over into all walks of life by its adherents, you cannot speak out against “your own”, even when speaking out would save innocent children from abuse.
The first recorded incident of CSA in the catholic cult was in the eleventh century. They have been brainwashed as tiny children and through the rest of their lives for a thousand years. Their priests are more important to them than their own children. Very difficult to break that. Especially in this very corrupt country.

I have followed this thread with great interest and I take my hat off to Spotlight and all others involved in seeking justice for the victims and survivors as well as their families. This campaign appears to be gathering momentum and I wish all of you the success that you all deserve. The past cannot be changed but I hope for some kind of closure for everyone who has been wronged by those cowards and their protectors. Great work.

Just to quote Nick...

"As long as the sun shines Celtics history is a stain on the safe guarding of young boys "

And yet, Police Scotland saw fit to hold their Child Protection summit at Celtic Park. That just never felt right.
Just seeing those kids sitting there I wonder when parents are going to waken up and stop sending their children to that place. Are they unaware of what has occurred or does the possibility of their child "making it" supersede all other considerations?

The refusal to engage, internal investigations, omitting organisations from scrutiny?
This saga is disgraceful?
What will it take to properly address this horrendous scandal?
Open and transparent, no whitewash or lip service.
Only in Scotland is an organisation given protection and hundreds of victims lives ignored.
What we as a country have become is disgustingly inhumane.

When was the last time Celtic were asked how their enquiry (which started c2017) is coming along? or if it is complete? or when it is due? or why it's taking so long? or if it even exists?

Presumably Celtic have been silent on the issue as even a simple answer to any one of those questions would no doubt see them digging themselves deeper into the hole they've already dug.

It's astonishing that no media or politicians follow up on this.

Can anyone recall anyone asking them about it since Lawwell first mentioned it (at least 2 years ago IIRC)?

Take a look at this filthy apologist bastard. Obviously raping children means nothing to this individual. Some of you on Twitter may want to introduce yourselves.
No doubt he’ll delete it. Unfortunately he’s too late. What sort of person is this? I wonder? Hopefully he doesn’t have any access to children.

Last edited:
When was the last time Celtic were asked how their enquiry (which started c2017) is coming along? or if it is complete? or when it is due? or why it's taking so long? or if it even exists?

Presumably Celtic have been silent on the issue as even a simple answer to any one of those questions would no doubt see them digging themselves deeper into the hole they've already dug.

Can anyone recall anyone asking them about it since Lawwell first mentioned it (at least 2 years ago IIRC)?
I’ve often thought the exact same thing LBBB, surely some members of what passes for media up here would want to know the conclusions to such an important investigation.

I think you know as well as us that it probably didn’t take place. They more than likely seen what happened and attempted to cover it up.
At the time the stock exchange was contacted by ourselves as we’re sure that if an official internal inquiry was launched then the LSE would have to be notified, and as far as we’re led to believe they weren’t.
At this stage we can’t show what we know and who knew. This will be released at the correct time.
The club, certain individuals in the press and also certain MSP’s want nothing more than this to go away. Many deflection tactics have been used and will be used again. Unfortunately for them we’re going nowhere and will continue to show the facts as and when we can.

Back