MyGers Points Update

Celtic will have a full stadium of their own fans with no red zone and Stewart Robertson will just accept it and say heehaw. Thats what a reckon will happen
And won’t communicate anything with us. If they can’t refuse us tickets we should be taking them. But he seems to think everyone is happy. But be all these focus groups they don’t do.

It’s the same argument I’ll keep making - the club significantly benefit from an away European support. Thousands cheering on the team - fans have won us points. Anyone that was in Braga will probably agree that we probably don’t win that match without the 4000 fans. It was phenomenal. And how many millions did we make from qualification?

I think the club now allocating 15 points for European matches shows how highly they appreciate it.

If the club want to call it a loyalty membership, then reward loyalty. That’s my point. But is buying a programme loyalty?
I’m not disagreeing with your point, just saying how IMO the club view the overall picture.

Buying a programme for me isn’t loyalty but the club view it as income into the clubs coffers and therefore dish out a point for it.

Was confirmed months ago.

Hence the reason we never gave them tickets.
No it wasn’t.

They said they couldn’t guarantee a provision of tickets to our fans due to uncertainty over Covid hence why we failed to hand over any to them.

However, we had the red zone in place within Ibrox at that time from memory with the areas behind the dugouts for subs etc.

That is no longer the case therefore under SPL rules, they would have to have a valid reason not to hand us any tickets

From what I understand, they didn’t sell any tickets for our traditional 800 corner to their fans during their general sale

I’m not disagreeing with your point, just saying how IMO the club view the overall picture.

Buying a programme for me isn’t loyalty but the club view it as income into the clubs coffers and therefore dish out a point for it.
The European games need to be separate or people who may only want to do domestic games, work/family/other commitments are never going to have a chance to reach gold which is unfair the younger and next generation coming through with MyGers at what it is now will be waiting forever for a better chance of tickets especially if they perhaps drive to games.

No it wasn’t.

They said they couldn’t guarantee a provision of tickets to our fans due to uncertainty over Covid hence why we failed to hand over any to them.

However, we had the red zone in place within Ibrox at that time from memory with the areas behind the dugouts for subs etc.

That is no longer the case therefore under SPL rules, they would have to have a valid reason not to hand us any tickets

From what I understand, they didn’t sell any tickets for our traditional 800 corner to their fans during their general sale

We’re not getting tickets mate no chance.

Like the old TC, not very many go to every match. They will get tickets, especially for qualifiers. The point is, over time they will.
But now they’re posted out so almost everyone will apply and sell on or take the hit for points . Also qualifiers aren’t certain for us anymore .

But now they’re posted out so almost everyone will apply and sell on or take the hit for points . Also qualifiers aren’t certain for us anymore .
It needs separated or people below hold have next to know chance of we continually preform in Europe and automatic group stages are our entry point. People in gold who don’t go would buy for the points as it’s posted out which also needs stopped as it ruined the travel club as well

No it wasn’t.

This logic won’t catch on.

The European games need to be separate or people who may only want to do domestic games, work/family/other commitments are never going to have a chance to reach gold which is unfair the younger and next generation coming through with MyGers at what it is now will be waiting forever for a better chance of tickets especially if they perhaps drive to games.
Issue we have is we haven’t had a full run of MyGers due to COVID. So the club still don’t really know. Lots of ongoing issues with thresholds etc. I can see TC going back to being separate, but SLO recently said system can’t currently cope with two different points memberships.

The same can be said for domestic away games. You’ll never find a system that suits all. Buy the add ons and go to all the games and you’ll be gold. As I say, everyone has the opportunity.

Issue we have is we haven’t had a full run of MyGers due to COVID. So the club still don’t really know. Lots of ongoing issues with thresholds etc. I can see TC going back to being separate, but SLO recently said system can’t currently cope with two different points memberships.
It’s 2022 if we can’t run two schemes something is wrong. Then again we just discovered card payment at the kiosks

The same can be said for domestic away games. You’ll never find a system that suits all. Buy the add ons and go to all the games and you’ll be gold. As I say, everyone has the opportunity.
Domestic aways eveyone is going to get the same points . The problem is that there’s nothing to show the people that went to every game . And I don’t think there’s a solution to that .Supporters clubs have less tickets too . But your wrong that everyone will have the chance as eveyone in gold will buy every euro away whether there going or not .

Domestic aways eveyone is going to get the same points . The problem is that there’s nothing to show the people that went to every game . And I don’t think there’s a solution to that .Supporters clubs have less tickets too . But your wrong that everyone will have the chance as eveyone in gold will buy every euro away whether there going or not .

Away day ticket pick up isn't doable .... so am told

More tickets should go to active away day RSC's anyway

It’s the same argument I’ll keep making - the club significantly benefit from an away European support. Thousands cheering on the team - fans have won us points. Anyone that was in Braga will probably agree that we probably don’t win that match without the 4000 fans. It was phenomenal. And how many millions did we make from qualification?

I think the club now allocating 15 points for European matches shows how highly they appreciate it.

If the club want to call it a loyalty membership, then reward loyalty. That’s my point. But is buying a programme loyalty?
I take on board your point the the fans can spur the team on to win European away games.

Can I use your exact same point that our away fans up at Aberdeen or many other domestic away game can also spur the team on to win

Without the fans backing to win games in domestic away fixtures there is a very slight possibility there is no European away games to attend

I’m just making the point that all fans backing can spur the team on to victory- regardless of the competition.

No one fan is more deserving than any other regardless of the competition we are in or how much they spend travelling to games.

If cost and sacrifice was a factor in deciding who is more entitled.

our friends from across the water should be at the front of the queue for plaudits in their commitment and sacrifice on attending league games at Ibrox every other week at great expense - rather than those who attend a few European games a season and feel more deserving because of cost and sacrifice of travelling

We could go round in circles all day discussing who should be more deserving, who is most loyal, who spends the most and what sacrifices we have made to get where we’re at - but sadly self preservation will dictate where many stand in any and all discussions on this matter.

I take on board your point the the fans can spur the team on to win European away games.

Can I use your exact same point that our away fans up at Aberdeen or many other domestic away game can also spur the team on to win

Without the fans backing to win games in domestic away fixtures there is a very slight possibility there is no European away games to attend

I’m just making the point that all fans backing can spur the team on to victory- regardless of the competition.

No one fan is more deserving than any other regardless of the competition we are in or how much they spend travelling to games.

If cost and sacrifice was a factor in deciding who is more entitled.

our friends from across the water should be at the front of the queue for plaudits in their commitment and sacrifice on attending league games at Ibrox every other week at great expense - rather than those who attend a few European games a season and feel more deserving because of cost and sacrifice of travelling

We could go round in circles all day discussing who should be more deserving, who is most loyal, who spends the most and what sacrifices we have made to get where we’re at - but sadly self preservation will dictate where many stand in any and all discussions on this matter.
Very well put. Is still find it completely nonsensical that a guy who goes to 2 Euro away trips (which are in high demand) along with all league games gets more ‘loyalty’ points than a guy who goes to 5 cup/friendly games at Ibrox (which a huge proportion of the support can’t be bothered going to) along with all league games.

Not only is the latter giving the club the bigger chunk of money out the two, but also getting behind the team in more than double the number of the games the other guy is.

That makes zero sense to me.

Very well put. Is still find it completely nonsensical that a guy who goes to 2 Euro away trips (which are in high demand) along with all league games gets more ‘loyalty’ points than a guy who goes to 5 cup/friendly games at Ibrox (which a huge proportion of the support can’t be bothered going to) along with all league games.

Not only is the latter giving the club the bigger chunk of money out the two, but also getting behind the team in more than double the number of the games the other guy is.

That makes zero sense to me.
That’s because you don’t understand the commitment of going to game more than an hour from your house.

Celtic told their supporters at a forum thing they were not giving us an allocation. But of course they would. Just as they had to cut our allocation after we cut theirs. But I don’t believe they can just refuse. There has to be certain criteria. But it’s not official or the club would have informed us… maybe.
I’m sure Robertson said yesterday on that podcast that we won’t be getting an allocation in a fortnight’s time.
Not really surprising.

That’s because you don’t understand the commitment of going to game more than an hour from your house.
I spent about double the amount of time in airports than I did in Skopje when I was in Macedonia mate, so I think I’ve got a vague idea…

Yeah exactly - don’t assume because I hold that viewpoint that I don’t go to European away games. Because I do.

I spent about double the amount of time in airports than I did in Skopje when I was in Macedonia mate, so I think I’ve got a vague idea…

Yeah exactly - don’t assume because I hold that viewpoint that I don’t go to European away games. Because I do.
No I assume you don’t go to European Away games cause you are in silver.

If that’s true then club should be officially communicating that with us with an explanation on how this is allowed. It won’t be long till no allocation at all.

Copied from the Sun, could take it with a pinch of salt mind you.

Meanwhile, Robertson has admitted the 800 away ticket allocation for Old Firm games is unlikely to change.
Rangers won’t have any fans at Celtic Park on February 2 after Hoops punters didn’t get into Ibrox in September - due to Covid red zones.

Beyond that, Robertson doesn’t expect the away allocations to go above the recent 800.

I think that’s an unfair comment to say the least.

There will be many on here reading it and feeling the same.

Some of us and I bet there’s a large amount who aren’t in the same position we were 2 years ago never mind 10 to do exactly that.

And it’s not down commitment I can tell you that for one.

I think that’s an unfair comment to say the least.

There will be many on here reading it and feeling the same.

Some of us and I bet there’s a large amount who aren’t in the same position we were 2 years ago never mind 10 to do exactly that.

And it’s not down commitment I can tell you that for one.
That works both ways. Is it fair to say to someone who makes the commitment - money, holidays from work, time away from family, the nightmare routes, that a European Away match shouldn’t be worth more than a 5 minute trip up the road is insulting. It really is.

Does everyone who went on Brondby see a points update for it in their history? I can't see one in mine, it's got the purchase for the away leg, but no points update.

Mate honestly that’s utter shite. @DerekSSR goes abroad and is silver. You’ve got yourself on some sort of greatest living Rangers fan level
I think you’ve missed the conversation. I’ve said repeatedly on this I have friends that go everywhere that are silver through some technicality.

That works both ways. Is it fair to say to someone who makes the commitment - money, holidays from work, time away from family, the nightmare routes, that a European Away match shouldn’t be worth more than a 5 minute trip up the road is insulting. It really is.

I think it’s fair to say some of us aren’t in a position where we can no longer do as many games even though we wish and want too.

So to say somebody is less committed because they are unable to do so is a boot in the stones when you wish and want to be there.

I think it’s fair to say some of us aren’t in a position where we can no longer do as many games even though we wish and want too.

So to say somebody is less committed because they are unable to do so is a boot in the stones when you wish and want to be there.
And saying to someone that a trip up the road is the same as a trip half way round Europe aint? Again, works both ways.

I think you’ve missed the conversation. I’ve said repeatedly on this I have friends that go everywhere that are silver through some technicality.
Mine isn’t through some technicality. Mine is because I couldn’t commit to midweek games at Ibrox which I’m wholly accepting of and deserve to be in Silver for that reason.

My commitment to domestic away games (at weekends) and European away games (where annual leave has allowed) has never waivered.

So your assumption that I don’t follow Rangers in Europe because I’m in the Silver (still pretty high Silver might I add) is completely inaccurate and judgmental.

Mine isn’t through some technicality. Mine is because I couldn’t commit to midweek games at Ibrox which I’m wholly accepting of and deserve to be in Silver for that reason.

My commitment to domestic away games (at weekends) and European away games (where annual leave has allowed) has never waivered.

So your assumption that I don’t follow Rangers in Europe because I’m in the Silver (still pretty high Silver might I add) is completely inaccurate and judgmental.
OK.

I use all my annual leave for Football

hence I do daft overnighters that dont allow sleep

Back