Rangers FC today delighted to announce the signing of John Souttar on a pre-contract agreement from Heart of Midlothian

Feel he's a player who will make his mark...B-D

FFsjQLKWUAE11sa
Needing his roots done;)

sorry to put a dampener on it but due to his injury record I only see him as back up! 3 major surgeries at 24 does not bode well. Hope I`m wrong but Goldson and Helander always going to be first choice if fit and still at the club.
Goldson won't be at the club when he arrives (unless we buy him in this window).

How would it work if he got a career threatening injury between now and the end of the season, playing for Hearts but committed to us?

That must be a big risk for Hearts to take.
No risk at all for Hearts, his contract is up in the summer that's why we can sign this agreement!!

Yams furious B-D

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing.

The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window.

No further comment will be made at this time.
Hahaha cheer up you have him until the end of the season enjoy him while you can.

I can't honestly understand what Hearts fans are annoyed for. The guy will be getting far more money, potentially playing Champions League football and competing regularly for trophies. And they expect him to stay? Calling him a snake? It's just bizarre to me.

No risk at all for Hearts, his contract is up in the summer that's why we can sign this agreement!!
It is a risk, If he gets a career ending injury next week or anytime between now and the end of the season he is technically not our player and i assume we can then abort the signing, that right?

Then Hearts will have no player and no money (fee to get January release)

I can't honestly understand what Hearts fans are annoyed for. The guy will be getting far more money, potentially playing Champions League football and competing regularly for trophies. And they expect him to stay? Calling him a snake? It's just bizarre to me.
The thread in their forum with the most posts is on our financial position since 2012. A large percentage of these people believe the blogs about us going out of business any day. They find it very hard to accept we are back dominating the league and taking their best players

Yams furious B-D

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing.

The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window.

No further comment will be made at this time.
their statement should read ,to all fellow tarts, we're f....d over a barrel :))

One of the many good points about Scottish lads signing (especially mid 20's) is they're settled up here and far less likely to see us as a stepping stone to EPL, abroad.
Very good wage and living to be made at Ibrox if you're successful.
Welcome aboard, very best of luck, hope the guy's a star with us.
Hearts' statement is hilarious as well :))

Good signing will develop under Gio has been prone to niggling injuries let’s hope that’s behind him now , welcome aboard .

Potentially great signing. Also magnificent timing. Wateries going crackers. Jungles worrying if he’ll play against them. Poker game for us until he comes to Ibrox for a minimal fee before the end of January. Great stuff!

Wait until one of our best players leaves using it.

Have we ever lost a key player to it?
Brian Laudrup? He's quoted as saying he discussed terms with Chelsea in February 98 and moved when his contract expired that summer. It wasn't announced in advance so not quite the same but we all knew he was going.

Wait until one of our best players leaves using it.

Have we ever lost a key player to it?
Laudrup is the main one I remember. can't remember if he had actually signed a pre with Chelsea, but he walked for nothing and was very disappointing in the months he ran down his contract.

Looking increasingly likely Goldson will be using it. That's life, we didn't sign him up and I'd rather keep him from the rest of the season to help us win the league than froth at the mouth about him being a traitor.

Brian Laudrup? He's quoted as saying he discussed terms with Chelsea in February 98 and moved when his contract expired that summer. It wasn't announced in advance so not quite the same but we all knew he was going.

He was "caught" talking to Vialli and Colin Hutchison about signing for Chelsea in the middle of Ruud Gullit being sacked. Gullit had been talking to him days before. Gullit spilt the beans when he was axed. That's how it was leaked.

Move was announced officially a week later in mid February.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...from-Ibrox-english-premier-too-big-to-resist/

Not consumed a drop since Hogmanay. Upon hearing this news, I reached for a Friday evening refreshment of claret . Welcome John, the forename sounds appropriate, so appropriate for our club.
I think he has been the only defender coming close to containing Alfredo, which is an accomplishment on it’s own.
They are both together fighting for our club. That’s got to be something to celebrate

sorry to put a dampener on it but due to his injury record I only see him as back up! 3 major surgeries at 24 does not bode well. Hope I`m wrong but Goldson and Helander always going to be first choice if fit and still at the club.
What qualification do you have to make that statement?

Neilson probably will try, but if they want cash before the window closes it will reduce the amount they will get.
I think their statement today pretty much sets out their position.

They expect him to play for them until the end of the season, they want to finish 3rd (which all but secures group stage European Football next season) and want a run at the cup.

Do they need him to play against Talbot? No, but they don't want him to leave before the end of the season.

To be fair - I get it. He's had non stop injuries for the last few years and Hearts have stood by him. As soon as he gets a run in the team - injury free - he leaves.

If it was a player at Rangers - we would be equally upset.

At the same time - he's probably 4x-ing his salary and moving to a team that can win trophies, so you can't blame him as a neutral.

To be fair - I get it. He's had non stop injuries for the last few years and Hearts have stood by him. As soon as he gets a run in the team - injury free - he leaves.

At the same time - he's probably 4x-ing his salary and moving to a team that can win trophies, so you can't blame him as a neutral.
Yeah, this.

It's a kick in the balls when you nurse a player back from injury several times to see them walk away for nothing.

Signed another contract with 18 months left in 2019 when he could've went elsewhere.

After that contract extension is when his injury problems ramped up.

Hearts also signed him cheaply with six months left on his United deal.

Souttar did his part for Hearts. Don't kid yourself.

Signed another contract with 18 months left in 2019 when he could've went elsewhere.

After that contract extension is when his injury problems ramped up.

Hearts also signed him cheaply with six months left on his United deal.

Souttar did his part for Hearts. Don't kid yourself.
So that's not totally accurate.

Souttar missed a significant amount of the 18-19 season with injury and signed a contract at the end of that period, then missing the entire 19/20 and 20/21 season.

If we had a player who missed almost an entire 2 years of football and then we allowed them back into the first 11 only for them to leave 6 months later, we would be rightly furious.

So that's not totally accurate.

Souttar missed a significant amount of the 18-19 season with injury and signed a contract at the end of that period, then missing the entire 19/20 and 20/21 season.

If we had a player who missed almost an entire 2 years of football and then we allowed them back into the first 11 only for them to leave 6 months later, we would be rightly furious.

He played 35 games out of 47 in 18/19 & he signed his contract extension in February 2019 so not at the end of that period at all.

He then played 16 games in the next two seasons.

Tell me which bit I've got wrong.

I think their statement today pretty much sets out their position.

They expect him to play for them until the end of the season, they want to finish 3rd (which all but secures group stage European Football next season) and want a run at the cup.

Do they need him to play against Talbot? No, but they don't want him to leave before the end of the season.

TBH I dont believe a word Neilson says. It is all front.

Back