Looks like Derby County are on the brink

Hes not in the same league as Hagi, Aribo or even Arfield, he's massively overrated In my opinion, the fact he cost £10m and on 40k a week probably contributes to people thinking he's decent

As someone who has kept tabs on him and tbh still keeps tabs on him for the last 4-5 years he absolutely has talent. Is he Aribo? No but he's on par with Hagi and better than Arfield. I agree 40k is far from value for money but he's a player who at the right price would do very well for us up here. Personally I'd rather have Harry Wilson but he'll leave Liverpool for 15-20mil when the time comes and is well out of our price range.

As someone who has kept tabs on him and tbh still keeps tabs on him for the last 4-5 years he absolutely has talent. Is he Aribo? No but he's on par with Hagi and better than Arfield. I agree 40k is far from value for money but he's a player who at the right price would do very well for us up here. Personally I'd rather have Harry Wilson but he'll leave Liverpool for 15-20mil when the time comes and is well out of our price range.
Hes left Liverpool mate he joined Fulham for 12m

12m is a good price for Wilson and sadly well out of our price range anyway. If Lawrence is honestly on 40k a week that's ridiculous and probably highlights why Derby are in trouble. I still recon at half that pw he'd do well for us.

12m is a good price for Wilson and sadly well out of our price range anyway. If Lawrence is honestly on 40k a week that's ridiculous and probably highlights why Derby are in trouble. I still recon at half that pw he'd do well for us.
I think Ryan Kent was the Liverpool player to take, Wilson isn't all that.

I think Ryan Kent was the Liverpool player to take, Wilson isn't all that.

Now I was delighted when we signed Kent and I'm still delighted he's a Ger. Not sure what if do if offered the chance to swap, probably stick with Kent tbh because he's here, he's settled and he's doing well but I won't be surprised if Wilson goes on to have the 'better' career. Not having a go at Kent I honestly love him but Wilson is a very good player too.

Now I was delighted when we signed Kent and I'm still delighted he's a Ger. Not sure what if do if offered the chance to swap, probably stick with Kent tbh because he's here, he's settled and he's doing well but I won't be surprised if Wilson goes on to have the 'better' career. Not having a go at Kent I honestly love him but Wilson is a very good player too.
I think he will always be a Championship player albeit a very good one.

Ok we'll have to agree to disagree on that as Wilson could easily play in the bottom half of the EPL could Kent realistically go higher than bottom half of the EPL?
I think Kent could play for villa or someone like that, I think Wilson is at his level. He's not mobile enough for the PL for someone in his position.

I think Kent could play for villa or someone like that, I think Wilson is at his level. He's not mobile enough for the PL for someone in his position.

Ok again agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong I am a massive fan of Kent but Liverpool and Klopp (a man who saw both these players close up for an extended period of time and lets be fair is a world class coach) rated Wilson far ahead of Kent. They kept him longer and sold him for close to twice as much. Now that's far from conclusive either way and as previously stated I'm a massive Kent fan but I do disagree with your analysis that Wilson 'has found his level'. Wilson could easily play for Villa.

Ok again agree to disagree. Don't get me wrong I am a massive fan of Kent but Liverpool and Klopp (a man who saw both these players close up for an extended period of time) rated Wilson far ahead of Kent. They kept him longer and sold him for close to twice as much. Now that's far from conclusive either way and as previously stated I'm a massive Kent fan but I do disagree with your analysis that Wilson 'has found his level'. Wilson could easily play for Villa.
Fair enough, could you have a little Welsh bias? B-D hes a good player especially with a dead ball situation but I'm not sure he will make the step up.

Hopefully the support get to keep their players and club.

What would your reaction have been to such a comment as yours when we were in a similar situation?
Couldn’t care less

Rangers come first.

If there’s players to be had on the cheap, Ross Wilson will be sniffing about.

Ross McCormack was the best player in the Championship for years.

Ryan Kent is superior to Ross McCormack.

Harry Wilson is not the best player in the Championship.

Quick maths =

Ross McCormack was the best player in the Championship for years.

Ryan Kent is superior to Ross McCormack.

Harry Wilson is not the best player in the Championship.

Quick maths =

Lol yes because that's exactly how it works.....

Joey Barton dominated the Championship then signs for us and is an utter failure in the SPL

Quick maths = the SPL is a better league than the championship....

Lol yes because that's exactly how it works.....

Joey Barton dominated the Championship then signs for us and is an utter failure in the SPL

Quick maths = the SPL is a better league than the championship....
Jordan Rhodes has moved three times for £15m and is a fucking donkey who has never been able to get a game for Scotland

What’s the point in silly arguments?:))

You wouldn't take Buchanan? He's probably the only one worth taking IMO
Think Bielik would have been decent however he has a serious injury currently but he's at an age with scope to develop him I agree with the Buchanan shout aswell just really unfortunate he's a left back instead of a right back given the current situation

The money spent on transfers by the EPL teams this window would likely be enough to keep 80% of the teams in England solvent for the next 2 years. We were shafted in 2012 for a figure less than what some of the top tier English players earn in a year.

I wonder who the players are who have contracts expiring this month? They really have a poor squad, and Rooney has done a fantastic job in getting as many points as they have.

Always look out for their results after the Ted McMinn match a few years ago. Here's hoping they can find a way to keep going.
That was my link to Derby as well.
Never liked the club before that.
There is also one of the H&H lads who is a Derby fan.
Hope they get out of their predicament.

It’s a real shame for Derby fans, that previous owner Mel Morris really has shafted them senseless.

Rooney will get another job no problem, he has done far better than most expected him to.

A fully fit Krystian Bielik walks into our starting XI and is instantly the best midfielder in Scotland. The main problem here though is the 'fully fit' part.

Buchanan (LB) could be a player one day but is nowhere near Ibrox standard at the moment, same with Luke Plange (striker).

Tom Lawrence is outstanding on his day but lacks the consistency to succeed at Rangers, the fans wouldn't have the patience with him that we have at Derby.

Nathan Byrne would be great backup to Tav at RB but would he want to play second fiddle at this stage in his career?

Jason Knight, Max Bird and Liam Thompson (all centre mid) are all going to be stars, especially Thompson. If Rangers could get hold of any of these 3 and continue their development then they'll be going for 8 figure fees in a few years time.

A fully fit Krystian Bielik walks into our starting XI and is instantly the best midfielder in Scotland. The main problem here though is the 'fully fit' part.

Buchanan (LB) could be a player one day but is nowhere near Ibrox standard at the moment, same with Luke Plange (striker).

Tom Lawrence is outstanding on his day but lacks the consistency to succeed at Rangers, the fans wouldn't have the patience with him that we have at Derby.

Nathan Byrne would be great backup to Tav at RB but would he want to play second fiddle at this stage in his career?

Jason Knight, Max Bird and Liam Thompson (all centre mid) are all going to be stars, especially Thompson. If Rangers could get hold of any of these 3 and continue their development then they'll be going for 8 figure fees in a few years time.
How about Jack Stretton Scotland under 21 striker?

The players have been an absolute credit to themselves, the fans and the Club. The fact Derby have a glimmer of hope in staying up, is nothing short of miraculous.

For all his short comings, Rooney has done an incredible job is the most difficult circumstances. He might be a bit thick but my God he knows football and how to motivate his players. They would run through a brick wall for that man.

that's not the point. You can't have a signing policy based on a players behaviour in a one off game. Christ, we'd never have signed Maurice Johnston if that were the case.
Ok then I think he is a pretty average championship player where as Gazza was one of footballs greats.

Back