Manchester United warn fans about their conduct after receiving a complaint that 'discriminatory language' was directed at a Wolves player over height

This isn't a joke.

Man U have warned fans for Heightism after they mocked an unnamed Wolves player referring to his lack of stature. Wolves actually complained. And worse Man U didn't just laugh at them...after all it's 2022.

Is this lowest it fan go or should I fear the worst?
The lowest it can go? That's heightism

Who is Snow White and who are the other Six?
GettyImages-1230614408.jpg

Grow up Man U, an absolute height of nonsense.

Cue Celtic to be deeply offended by their horizontal oops sorry vertically challenged Japanese players

Not at all. Football seems to have a massive problem moving with the times though and still tries to portray this bullshit macho culture.

I say bullshit because its a fascade and the vast vast majority of the rank and file fans are decent, compassionate people. Come into the bear pit and on occassion you'll see people being pretty abusive towards each other and dish out abuse referencing players/other fans race, religion, sexuality and in this case disability; but go into the lounge and you'll see left wing poltical opinions and a mental health support thread where people are nothing but caring and offer each other fantastic support and understanding.

Its time the terraces moved from the bear pit to the lounge
Only because admin drive Lounge threads a certain way. No actual bears believe 99% of the stuff gimps post in The Lounge.

This isn't a joke.

Man U have warned fans for Heightism after they mocked an unnamed Wolves player referring to his lack of stature. Wolves actually complained. And worse Man U didn't just laugh at them...after all it's 2022.

Is this lowest it fan go or should I fear the worst?
Small team mentality ;)

Proving my point quite well. Keep playing the hard man if you like but its quite clearly an act. I hope you figure out whatever it is thats troubling you.
There's nothing remotely hard about stating that no-one on an RSC bus, a Rangers pub, or the like, believes any of the Lounge nonsense about trannies, sex education surveys, or building bridges with Ra Hoops....

More kind and considerate?

There were no consequences here for whoever did it, they've asked folk to stop being arseholes basically.

I don’t know if you’re on the wind up, or just a massive wet wipe.

If anyone is seriously getting offended at taking the piss out of people’s height, then I’d suggest getting professional help, as they’re not going to cope in the real world.

If anyone is seriously getting offended at taking the piss out of people’s height, then I’d suggest getting professional help, as they’re not going to cope in the real world.
I suspect he's trolling mate....

There's nothing remotely hard about stating that no-one on an RSC bus, a Rangers pub, or the like, believes any of the Lounge nonsense about trannies, sex education surveys, or building bridges with Ra Hoops....
I've said it numerous times I've never met people following Rangers like some that post in here. Maybe I just don't mix in those sort of circles. But my RSC or numerous others we've shared with or I've been on if certain posters came out with what they do on here it definitely wouldn't end well for them.

I've said it numerous times I've never met people following Rangers like some that post in here. Maybe I just don't mix in those sort of circles. But my RSC or numerous others we've shared with or I've been on if certain posters came out with what they do on here it definitely wouldn't end well for them.

100% mate. This place can be like an alternative universe at times.

Oh the hard mans in a gang... deary me. Speak for yourself mate. I gurantee plenty on your bus think different

• Haha
Reactions: SGL
Can we be clear; being short (not a condition, just a short arse) is a disadvantage and not a disability. As such not only are they fair game but also a good target.

We dont know what was said. Lets say it something like "get tae %^*& ya wee dwarf bastard" and the guy in the seat next to hims sister/Mrs has dwarfism. Is it outrageous for him to be annoyed at the guy?

Not at all. Football seems to have a massive problem moving with the times though and still tries to portray this bullshit macho culture.

I say bullshit because its a fascade and the vast vast majority of the rank and file fans are decent, compassionate people. Come into the bear pit and on occassion you'll see people being pretty abusive towards each other and dish out abuse referencing players/other fans race, religion, sexuality and in this case disability; but go into the lounge and you'll see left wing poltical opinions and a mental health support thread where people are nothing but caring and offer each other fantastic support and understanding.

Its time the terraces moved from the bear pit to the lounge
The person in question is short. Being short is not a disability. Bit patronising.

Being short can be due to a disability and the language used might have been offensive to people with that disability.
This sort of thinking is an art. Genuinely do feel a bit sorry for lads that think this way. Can only assume its the reducing testosterone levels. Will never know the age old male bonding through ripping the absolute pish out of each other.

So what if they're offended?
Well its not very pleasant for them is it? Which is why the club politely asked the person saying it to be more considerate. Totally up to the individual to heed or ignore that ask though.

It isnt and shouldnt be a crime to be offensive, I just dont understand the mentality of going out your way to do it or to take joy from it.

We'll not be ableto even boo at games soon incase someone nearby believes i ghosts and it offends them.
Phcuk me the Russians must be rubbing their hands at the though of invading the West.
This is just a nonsense comparison really isnt it? Disabled people aren't make believe like ghosts. And Im sure the Russian militaty are all over FF...

Back