Looks like Derby County are on the brink

Tom Lawrence double I see.....

Anyway Rooney has to take massive credit as do his players. Its a total shitshow off the pitch and they keep doing the fans proud. 8 points from safety now, it's a big ask but as long as there are no additional point deductions I honestly think they can do it.

Tom Lawrence double I see.....

Anyway Rooney has to take massive credit as do his players. Its a total shitshow off the pitch and they keep doing the fans proud. 8 points from safety now, it's a big ask but as long as there are no additional point deductions I honestly think they can do it.
His first goal was one of the best goals I've ever seen live, today was most definitely one of his good days. Proper captain's performance.

A fully fit Krystian Bielik walks into our starting XI and is instantly the best midfielder in Scotland. The main problem here though is the 'fully fit' part.

Buchanan (LB) could be a player one day but is nowhere near Ibrox standard at the moment, same with Luke Plange (striker).

Tom Lawrence is outstanding on his day but lacks the consistency to succeed at Rangers, the fans wouldn't have the patience with him that we have at Derby.

Nathan Byrne would be great backup to Tav at RB but would he want to play second fiddle at this stage in his career?

Jason Knight, Max Bird and Liam Thompson (all centre mid) are all going to be stars, especially Thompson. If Rangers could get hold of any of these 3 and continue their development then they'll be going for 8 figure fees in a few years time.

I’ve never seen this lad play but I can confidently say he isn’t better than Kamara or Aribo.

I’ve never seen this lad play but I can confidently say he isn’t better than Kamara or Aribo.
He's a carbon copy of Soucek from West Ham. Unfortunately he's had 2 cruciate injuries but I believe he is on track to return to the team by the end of January.

He's a different type of midfielder than Kamara and Aribo. If it wasn't for his injuries, he'd have been signed by an EPL club for over 20 million by now.

Probably best for Derby if Everton came in for Rooney with a couple of million for compensation.

It’s that dire a situation they are hoping Ashley can still push on with his takeover.

Just grim.

A question on them being deducted points.
There is still a good chance they’ll escape relegation this season.
However, I noticed, in one of the tables, their goal difference hasn’t changed.
Is this correct?
I’m interested in case this were to go to goal difference.

Done my digging. I'm telling you. Niall horan and the 1d fanbase will save them. If he promotes and keeps promoting the petitions with donations they probably bank millions haha

If they maintain their current form they'll stay up quite easily (unless there are further deductions to come.) Results in the last six games would put the 3rd, last ten would put them 6th.

Shame they need to gut the squad.

A fully fit Krystian Bielik walks into our starting XI and is instantly the best midfielder in Scotland. The main problem here though is the 'fully fit' part.

Buchanan (LB) could be a player one day but is nowhere near Ibrox standard at the moment, same with Luke Plange (striker).

Tom Lawrence is outstanding on his day but lacks the consistency to succeed at Rangers, the fans wouldn't have the patience with him that we have at Derby.

Nathan Byrne would be great backup to Tav at RB but would he want to play second fiddle at this stage in his career?

Jason Knight, Max Bird and Liam Thompson (all centre mid) are all going to be stars, especially Thompson. If Rangers could get hold of any of these 3 and continue their development then they'll be going for 8 figure fees in a few years time.

If he's better than Glen Kamara and plays in the Championship we couldn't afford him either.

Noticed the Sky Sports News ticker saying any takeover being blocked by legal action from Middlesbrough and Wycome.

Both clubs looking for compo for "loss of earnings related to Derbys financial breaches". Wow.

Everton wanting to speak with Rooney about their Managers job as well.

Noticed the Sky Sports News ticker saying any takeover being blocked by legal action from Middlesbrough and Wycome.

Both clubs looking for compo for "loss of earnings related to Derbys financial breaches". Wow.

Yeah Middlesbrough's legal action has been going for a year while Wycombe is last summer

Yeah Middlesbrough's legal action has been going for a year while Wycombe is last summer
As i understand it, Derbys breaches come from their previous owner doing a sale and leaseback of Pride Park and enploying some creative accounting to it.

If they fail to find a buyer then go bust because of legal actions from fellow clubs, Im surprised that the EFL hasnt intervened.

I feel really sorry for their fans.

As i understand it, Derbys breaches come from their previous owner doing a sale and leaseback of Pride Park and enploying some creative accounting to it.

If they fail to find a buyer then go bust because of legal actions from fellow clubs, Im surprised that the EFL hasnt intervened.

I feel really sorry for their fans.
Yeah it is over what happened with the previous ownership because things as surface about FFP

2 different legal cases based on lost of potential earrings

Middlesbrough and missing out in the play-offs 2 seasons ago

In Wycombe's case had the points deduction happen last season then Derby were down

The EFL also need to take responsibility as they administer the rules

Last edited:
Yeah it is over what happened with the previous ownership because things as surface about FFP

2 different legal cases based on lost of potential earrings

Middlesbrough and missing out in the play-offs 2 seasons ago

In Wycombe's case had the points deduction happen last season then Derby were down

The EFL also need to take responsibility as they administer the rules
A real sad state of affairs

Am I reading this wrong.... What hope have those clubs got of getting a penny out of Derby if they go under? None, right? So why block the takeover?

Am I reading this wrong.... What hope have those clubs got of getting a penny out of Derby if they go under? None, right? So why block the takeover?
Any award will put middlesbrough and Wycombe on the football creditors list and will have to be seen to by the next owner or paid through derby raising funds from player sales. The administrator has ignored any correspondence from boro and Wycombe which hasn't helped their situation at all.

Apparently only have enough money to last until the start of Feb, very bleak times. Also a rumour one of the interested parties in buying derby is a company owned by mel Morris. You couldn't make it up.

Was discussed on the Today programme this morning, listen from 2 hours 43 minutes. Not an in-depth analysis, but worth hearing.

I hope Derby come through this, we all know the knot of fear that every one of their fans must be experiencing, I wish them all the very best.

Just seen a video on sky sports saying liquidation will mean the club ceases to exist. Further fuelling the new club shite we’ve all gone through.

At the very least hopefully one of the prospective new buyers can take over the club and leave Mel Morris to it.

Just seen a video on sky sports saying liquidation will mean the club ceases to exist. Further fuelling the new club shite we’ve all gone through.

At the very least hopefully one of the prospective new buyers can take over the club and leave Mel Morris to it.

Not really. Leeds went through the exact same thing as us.

Liquidation and nothing left of the club means the end.

The club being bought and the company going into administration means nothing. Loads of companies buy football clubs.

Not really. Leeds went through the exact same thing as us.

Liquidation and nothing left of the club means the end.

The club being bought and the company going into administration means nothing. Loads of companies buy football clubs.
I agree. But Sky we’re literally selling it as “and if the go into liquidation the club would cease to exist, and the EFL would a club founded in 1884”. Which of course isn’t the case if the club are bought into a new owning company.

I think it’s awful for Derby what they are going through but at the same time it’s not fair that Middlesbrough and their owner Steve Gibson are getting the blame for this situation and Derby being on the brink.

Back