Burnley seek a further postponement

It’s totally embarrassing but the EPL made the rules, the clubs are just taking advantage of it.

exactly
apex being Arsenal reportedly having 1 case of Covid but postponed Sundays game

what they should do is massively fine clubs that postponed this season & then put out under 23 sides in the cup next year
if they aren't up to playing league games, they shouldn't play any first team games

Hopefully relegated this year, think it’s 3 of the 4 that’s there just now. I’d probably be happiest if Newcastle stayed up out of the 4 but it would be funny to see them implode a bit by going down.

I'm a Burnley fan, we had four games in a row postponed mostly for covid reasons, none of which we requested. If it's good enough for the other teams it's good enough for us. We have a small squad with our best player at AFCON - more than happy to push those games back to allow us to get signings in and players back.

Unfortunately the EPL showed weakness and the clubs are now taking advantage of it. Once they agreed to the Arsenal postponement they had no way back.

As posted in the Arsenal thread the clubs are will within their rights to request it. The PL have handled this appallingly, criteria for calling off should have been set out at start of the season (i.e what constitutes a first team player etc). Burnley are going to set themselves up with some amount of games to catch up on

I'm a Burnley fan, we had four games in a row postponed mostly for covid reasons, none of which we requested. If it's good enough for the other teams it's good enough for us. We have a small squad with our best player at AFCON - more than happy to push those games back to allow us to get signings in and players back.

That is the problem, Clubs getting impacted out with their control, and could end up suffering.

Good honest team Burnley a better watch than most other teams in the league. Wish we had snapped up Dwight McNeil a couple of seasons ago whilst he was still within our budget. From day one you could see he was a player.

Reactions: Dom

Just call em all off and start planning for the championship in August bud

Burnley will go down in part due to this, they’ll never cope with all the rearranged fixtures.

So not because of covid then?

Just call em all off and start planning for the championship in August bud

Unless we get some players through the door we will undoubtedly go down, weird thing is we've looked more solid this season than in seasons past, we're just not scoring. Look at the GD at the bottom of the Prem, we're outliers. Gonna be sick in August when we swap places with Blackburn.

Burnley will go down in part due to this, they’ll never cope with all the rearranged fixtures.

Our squad will cope better than most in terms of fitness levels, that's never lacking. Quality is what we lack, aging squad. It was bound to catch up.

exactly

what they should do is massively fine clubs that postponed this season & then put out under 23 sides in the cup next year
if they aren't up to playing league games, they shouldn't play any first team games
How can you fine clubs for following the rules ?

EPL have made a rod for their own back here with this.

They need to draw a line and set guidelines that only a certain amount of positive results etc can trigger a postponement request rather than what is happening just now

Don’t they already have about 5 games in hand as it is? When are they expecting to play all of these games?

Unless we get some players through the door we will undoubtedly go down, weird thing is we've looked more solid this season than in seasons past, we're just not scoring. Look at the GD at the bottom of the Prem, we're outliers. Gonna be sick in August when we swap places with Blackburn.

“Bastards” as my Burnley colleagues always call Blackburn. :D

Does look tough now, that win for Leeds leaves the other teams looking cut adrift now.

That said I’d expect Burnley to finish above Norwich and Watford at least, so there’s still half a chance

Reactions: Dom
EPL have made a rod for their own back here with this.

They need to draw a line and set guidelines that only a certain amount of positive results etc can trigger a postponement request rather than what is happening just now

Don’t they already have about 5 games in hand as it is? When are they expecting to play all of these games?

And some of those will be against European participating teams, like Leicester who you imagine would go quite deep into the Conference league.

They’ll have a Rangers May 2008 style of fixture pile up

exactly

I agree that the arse is being ripped out it now but they're not really in a position to punish teams. They can't accept their reasons and grant postponements then suddenly announce they were wrong and hand out fines and punishments.

The teams only submit requests for the game to be moved, to my knowledge nobody has actually refused to play, so the decision has sat with the FA/EPL etc and they must take their share of the blame.

I agree that the arse is being ripped out it now but they're not really in a position to punish teams. They can't accept their reasons and grant postponements then suddenly announce they were wrong and hand out fines and punishments.

The teams only submit requests for the game to be moved, to my knowledge nobody has actually refused to play, so the decision has sat with the FA/EPL etc and they must take their share of the blame.

100% shambolic leadership by the EPL

one of my issues with the clubs will be their reluctance to throw a couple of youngsters in
but will be looking to punt them for millions later after a 5min cameo against Port Vale

They'll go down & Dyche will be off. Be glad to see the back of them - dreadful team to watch.IO
I heard the other day that Dyche and Burnley were interested in replacing Wood with Andy Carroll. I've never been less surprised at a transfer rumour, a match made in heaven having an immobile target man in a Dyche team

And some of those will be against European participating teams, like Leicester who you imagine would go quite deep into the Conference league.

They’ll have a Rangers May 2008 style of fixture pile up
I can see Leicester putting out a reserve team in the Conference League.

Clubs just taking the mick. Any clubs using “injuries” and “afcon” as a justification should just have the points forfeited.

What started out as a genuine reason as covid was a bit wild is now just clubs taking the piss. You’ve got a tv worth billions it’s your fault you signed absolute diddies.

Get the games played or forfeit the points unless you’re ravaged with covid.,

100% shambolic leadership by the EPL

one of my issues with the clubs will be their reluctance to throw a couple of youngsters in
but will be looking to punt them for millions later after a 5min cameo against Port Vale
Yeah the idea that the richest league in the world is filled with clubs that don't have 15 or 16 fit and able bodies throughout their various squads is an embarrassment

Yeah the idea that the richest league in the world is filled with clubs that don't have 15 or 16 fit and able bodies throughout their various squads is an embarrassment

the recent Bayern Munich game showed them up
bench of kids - get the game played

I can see Leicester putting out a reserve team in the Conference League.

Possibly, such is the arrogance EPL teams often show to European football outwith the CL.

That said I don’t think Leicester are going to do much in the league this season. They really should try and win a European trophy.

I read that all the players on the Bayern bench were youngsters with no Bundesliga experience. Surely if Bayern can do it then no reason for the clubs in the EPL not to be able to fulfill fixtures
I think one was still at school?

EPL need to change these rules....absolute stupidity.

Back