Will we kick off from where we left off

uneasydaz

I think even with the players we have missing we should still be good enough to beat Aberdeen but the way we started back from the last few winter breaks kind of gives me the fear a bit hopefully GIo has us fired up and ready to go

If we drop points tomorrow it’s nothing to do with the past returns from breaks, we proved last season we can do it and have continued on with it this season. Although anything other than a win will of course have the over reaction of us throwing it away after a break etc

People forget that we went away to Lyon with a midfield of Kamara, Lundstram & Hagi and got a great result, playing some good stuff. We were also without Morelos, Tavernier & McGregor for that match.

We should have enough in our front 3 and be solid enough at the back to get a result, even without Aribo & Arfield.

There will be a bit of needle but lets just beat these sheep in wolves clothes and knit them a new one!

hopefully GIo has us fired up and ready to go

Personally looking forward to seeing how he handles the challenge of the Sheep.

I feel like we're more unpredictable going forward (in a good way) under Gio and that the Sheep will have less faith in their ability to stifle us as occasionally happened under Gerrard.

Have a feeling they'll be warier of us than some folk might be expecting, and that if we score an early goal it could turn into a very comfortable win.

I’m hoping those few weeks will have given Gio time to work on the squad and we’ll be even better than before the break.

Aberdeen at Pittodrie is never easy and with the amount of players missing it's not getting any easier, but yes. Rangers will deliver here.

The management have now had a few more weeks with the players purely coaching them in the way they want them to play - hopefully we'll kick on from before the 'break'.

I think even with the players we have missing we should still be good enough to beat Aberdeen but the way we started back from the last few winter breaks kind of gives me the fear a bit hopefully GIo has us fired up and ready to go
It's a concern. You'd certainly like to think that Tav would be drumming it into our players to go for the throat right from kick off. Don't allow Aberdeen to settle into the game.

always a bit of concern after such a long break imo, we can only hope GVB has the boys ready and worked up for the game

From what I’ve s even of Gio as a manager, there is a very different mentality being instilled.

Anyone who isn’t hitting a decent performance tonight might not play football for a few matches… I think & hope that we will see a much better return to football than in recent seasons after a mid-season break.

Actually, I’m quite excited about what the team will produce now that the manager & his coaches have had an additional fortnight to work intensely with the players.

I think we will, now the Management team have had more time with the players I’m hoping for more improvement as they worked wonders on arrival.

Aberdeen will try and kick us off the pitch from the first minute. This is their Cup Final. We can't carry passengers tonight.
This all day long!. Win the battle then win the game of football. I’ll admit I’m worried about tonight , no aribo, Davis or Arfield isn’t ideal. That said we should have enough to beat the sheep.

We pretty much have to.

They will come out the traps looking to get in our faces & we have to rise above it and play as we can.

Even with the midfield woes we should have more than enough.

They have won 4 out the last 5 though so they are in a bit of form.

Helander, Balogun, Roofe, Jack, Davis, Arfield and Aribo all out leaves us very thin on the ground, we really need to pull out all the stops for this one.
Having watched the training video then I would be ruling Balogun, Roofe and Jack out a squad place just yet

I think it’ll be a tough game similar to the Hibs away but think we’ll sneak it 1-0.

I expect us to win and with our relative squads we should.

We do have a lot of bodies missing but it's not like it will be an unfamiliar team we have out there, Aribo would walk back in obviously but the way everyone else has been playing its no certainty anyone else would. Would love to see us line up with Fashion Jr on the right wing again.

I think for once a winter break will have benefited us :D

First extended break without game that Gio and the coaches have had with the players, rather than the usual 3 days before a game.

We've still got more than enough to choose from. I'm pretty confident Gio will rise to the challenge and get a result

Going to be very tricky, any win will do.

Midfield is obviously the biggest concern with no Aribo, Arfield, Davis or even Jack to choose from. So it's a huge night for whoever gets the nod in there.

Gio has been very shrewd in his tactics so far so hopefully he's got something up his sleeve.

People forget that we went away to Lyon with a midfield of Kamara, Lundstram & Hagi and got a great result, playing some good stuff. We were also without Morelos, Tavernier & McGregor for that match.

We should have enough in our front 3 and be solid enough at the back to get a result, even without Aribo & Arfield.
Lyon was a football march though

I hope so. With the few weeks the management team have had with the players I hope we are all in a good position. We are missing a few key players tonight, this is the chance for the squad players to come in and show when we are missing players we are fine.

A massive game tonight and I am buzzing for it! Come on the champions!!

Helander, Balogun, Roofe, Jack, Davis, Arfield and Aribo all out leaves us very thin on the ground, we really need to pull out all the stops for this one.
Steady on, there's only one team in this league with a significant injury problem this season

This will be a tight title race. Celtic wont drop many points so we simply have to kick on from where we left off. That must start tonight. The next 2 games should take care of themselves leaving us a 6pt margin heading into parkhead and them knowing if they lose then its over.

Given our absentees, it is a huge test of character tonight.

Tonight is going to be tough.

Pittodrie is rarely easy for us then you add in the injury/missing list..

Helander, Balogun, Jack, Davis, Arfield, Aribo, Roofe.

A win tonight would further deflate that lot who are expecting dropped points.

C'mon the Famous.

The point they got at Ibrox was solely down to our catastrophic defending, they then spent 70mins rolling about the ground. They are murder

Like every game from now until May, if we play and control the game like we can then we will be fine. Everything in these games is about what we do

We shouldn’t entertain any talk of not doing well after winter break. We changed how we played and we’re perfect after it last season.
I disagree, but only slightly, I noticed a massive downturn in performances after winter last year, we still won which was all that mattered, but we weren't playing with the same gusto, we were getting a 1 or 2 goal lead then just playing the rest of the game out. Most likely this was by design as we didn't want injuries creeping in, but I'm hopeful we still have the new manager bounce just now and continue to improve

I think it's going to be tough , but we can get the job done. Keep winning games and the scum will start to lose heart

Having a 3 week break may not have been the best for us as we had momentum, add to the injuries I reckon its gonna be a struggle for a few weeks until we have everyone back and firing. As long as we find a way to pick up the 3 points

All against us tonight. Should have been playing this on good form instead we have one of our toughest games after an enforced break missing a number of players and with Clancy in charge. A massive three points for us tonight.

We’ve went from what should have been a return to routine home games against Stirling Albion and Livingston (and the filth 2 away games), to now having arguably the toughest away fixture of the season out with the piggery.

It’s frustrating - and the amount of players missing tonight is also a bit of a concern - but I’m still confident we’ll do the business.

The Buff is going to hit top form in the second half of this season and it will start tonight.

Back