The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

That’s £1.5 million more than the bid they turned down from Watford despite it being a loan to buy and the big risk they go down.

Suppose if he goes to Italy plays well then he’d attract offers from other similar level clubs though which could sway them if he pushes for it.

That’s £1.5 million more than the bid they turned down from Watford despite it being a loan to buy and the big risk they go down.

Suppose if he goes to Italy plays well then he’d attract offers from other similar level clubs though which could sway them if he pushes for it.
Obligation to buy is £3.5m (if they stay up)

That may be a decent deal. His stats this season are surprisingly decent

Obligation to buy is £3.5m (if they stay up)

That may be a decent deal. His stats this season are surprisingly decent
He’s definitely got something about him and is still young, in the right team he’ll probably do well. That money for Aberdeen is pretty decent and could see them accepting it.

Worth noting Liam Henderson has carved out a decent career in Italy over the last few years so Ferguson could do similar.

He’s definitely got something about him and is still young, in the right team he’ll probably do well. That money for Aberdeen is pretty decent and could see them accepting it.

Worth noting Liam Henderson has carved out a decent career in Italy over the last few years so Ferguson could do similar.
If Ferguson joins he’d be the 5th Scottish youth cap playing in Italy this season, turning into a mini Scotland :))

Didn’t realise until looking him up there that he’s still only 22, seems to have been around for ages now.

At that age he’s still got plenty of footballing development to do and a move abroad like this could be the proper making of his career.
I’ll say it, we should be in for him if not to see if he can kick in but also for the home players in Europe

I’ll say it, we should be in for him if not to see if he can kick in but also for the home players in Europe
I agree with this but some posters have a meltdown on here if you mention his name.

I also agree with the poster above that the valuation is too much but at the end of the day, Aberdeen once set McKenna’s asking price to £7m and sold him for about £3m eventually. If Ferguson requests the move it could force things as well.

I don’t think Aberdeen will accept the deal from the Italian club though without some money up front. They were hoping to get McGrath but it looks like he has turned them down. Trying to think of other midfielders in Scotland who Aberdeen might go for. Not many standout tbh. But they have good connections in American football and could maybe source a replacement from there.

I agree with this but some posters have a meltdown on here if you mention his name.

I also agree with the poster above that the valuation is too much but at the end of the day, Aberdeen once set McKenna’s asking price to £7m and sold him for about £3m eventually. If Ferguson requests the move it could force things as well.

I don’t think Aberdeen will accept the deal from the Italian club though without some money up front. They were hoping to get McGrath but it looks like he has turned them down. Trying to think of other midfielders in Scotland who Aberdeen might go for. Not many standout tbh. But they have good connections in American football and could maybe source a replacement from there.
Offer them Simpson and Barker ( before anyone else gets in their )

Offer them Simpson and Barker ( before anyone else gets in their )
We definitely have players who would probably interest them. Kelly could have made a good makeweight in a deal. They need to replace Hedges who looks like he is off.

Problem with Barker is he’s reputedly on a fairly decent wage with us (£10k) so I don’t think he’ll accept any move until his contract is done.

We definitely have players who would probably interest them. Kelly could have made a good makeweight in a deal. They need to replace Hedges who looks like he is off.

Problem with Barker is he’s reputedly on a fairly decent wage with us (£10k) so I don’t think he’ll accept any move until his contract is done.
Offer him hair transplants for life

Paid near a million quid for the guy and he’s been seen about 4 times, to then pitch up at one of their associate teams .... Can see why people might be cynical :))
The FBI would be saying “what’s an Aberdeen” until he came out assuring everybody nothing dodgy went on. They’ll probably know who they are now :shh:

Maybe their recruitment team has spotted something that is worth the investment. Hickey has turned out to be a decent signing for them despite many on here, myself included, doubting whether he was good enough for Serie A.
It has turned out to be a terrific move for the lad. It is exactly what our game needs - good young Scottish talent getting out of the p!sh that is served up by the clubs in the SPFL and learning their trade in a big, technical league.

I see Newcastle have been linked with Zapata.

He would do well for them I think.
Seen that, £25m - think Atalanta will hold out for more.

Zapata is a strange one, I was surprised they paid what they did for him as he never really showed anything at Napoli - he’s excelled under Gasperini though.

I’ve long had the opinion that him leaving Atalanta should trigger some sort of transfer domino effect.

He plays so similar to Alfie.

If I were Atalanta I’d be trying to sign Alfie to replace him,* at the age Zapata is at just now it probably make sense to cash in on him.

Muriel is older as well, so interested to see who they go for.

*I don’t want him to leave but would rather he went to Italy than England :))

The report I read suggested he was an alternative option if they can't sign Darwin Nunez.

Either player would surely improve them.
Brighton should go all in for Nunez as if they had a decent striker I think they’d be up around the top half for Euro spot. Seem to miss a lot of chances any time I’ve seen them.

Brighton should go all in for Nunez as if they had a decent striker I think they’d be up around the top half for Euro spot. Seem to miss a lot of chances any time I’ve seen them.
From memory, their conversion rate was the poorest in comparison to their Xg in the league - yet they still persist with Maupay.

From memory, their conversion rate was the poorest in comparison to their Xg in the league - yet they still persist with Maupay.
Yup that’s my point, I was really impressed by Nunez and surprised hasn’t move on yet. If Brighton got someone decent upfront I think you’d see them push up the league and be nice to see them doing well when Billy Reid is assistant.

Am I reading that right? Sheep would get £3.5 million IF Cagliari avoid relegation?

Why would the sheep agree to that deal? They would lose Ferguson for the rest of the season, and then only get some money if Cagliari don't get relegated
Yeah there isn't a chance they accept that bid.

On Lewis Ferguson - I don't think he's a player good enough to improve us, but he definitely has some strengths. I'd liken him to McGinn at Aston Villa, but he won't get to that level as such.

The biggest challenge for him if he's anything like his family would be the change in culture. Did anyone read the recent interview with Shankland? He was talking about the social scene among his teammates and how they go out for a couple of drinks and to enjoy the food etc., while over here it's about going as mental as possible as quickly as possible.

And that's what he misses most.

I get that side of things is important, but it does say quite a bit about the challenge for young Scottish players moving abroad if they can't see the benefits of not getting f*cked up as a professional footballer!

On Lewis Ferguson - I don't think he's a player good enough to improve us, but he definitely has some strengths. I'd liken him to McGinn at Aston Villa, but he won't get to that level as such.

The biggest challenge for him if he's anything like his family would be the change in culture. Did anyone read the recent interview with Shankland? He was talking about the social scene among his teammates and how they go out for a couple of drinks and to enjoy the food etc., while over here it's about going as mental as possible as quickly as possible.

And that's what he misses most.

I get that side of things is important, but it does say quite a bit about the challenge for young Scottish players moving abroad if they can't see the benefits of not getting f*cked up as a professional footballer!
That’s honestly really sad. Each to their own but IMO a really depressing way to live your life. It’s fantastic to go OTT a few nights a year but enjoying food and evenings like Shankland’s mates is why I much prefer the nightlife in foreign countries where people don’t get blind drunk.

Papes signing Matt O'Riley from MK Dons.
Funnily enough thats exactly the kind of player we should be signing. £1.5m. CM who scores, assists, passes well and gets in to dangerous attacking positions. 7 goals & 5 assists so far this season.

Scott Twine another very good player with MK who we should be looking at.

Not bothered at all by this signing. They’ve lost the plot regarding their squad depth struggles earlier this season. They have loads of midfielders now and I don’t think O’Riley is an upgrade on the likes of Turnbull and Rogic. They are competing with Swansea for his signature.

Not bothered at all by this signing. They’ve lost the plot regarding their squad depth struggles earlier this season. They have loads of midfielders now and I don’t think O’Riley is an upgrade on the likes of Turnbull and Rogic. They are competing with Swansea for his signature.
Don't think there will be anyone 'bothered' by the signing, but its an effective one and the type we need. Whilst we sit on our hands.

I'd wager he'll be more impactful than Bacuna.

Funnily enough thats exactly the kind of player we should be signing. £1.5m. CM who scores, assists, passes well and gets in to dangerous attacking positions. 7 goals & 5 assists so far this season.

Scott Twine another very good player with MK who we should be looking at.

Well, if we were singing someone from league 1 this place would be in utter meltdown as they would be seen as not the required standard etc etc.

When its them its 'Oh, he's decent'.

Well, if we were singing someone from league 1 this place would be in utter meltdown as they would be seen as not the required standard etc etc.

Were we in meltdown when we signed Aribo?

All depends on the player, their skillset and ability.

Don't think there will be anyone 'bothered' by the signing, but its an effective one and the type we need. Whilst we sit on our hands.
I guarantee you if we were in for a League One player there would be a meltdown in our transfer thread. The club is looking for a RW and I trust them to find one with genuine pedigree.

We all wanted Aribo due to the level of teams also in for him, he was very sought after.

If we were sitting here right now looking at our squad and were spending £1.5mil on a league 1 player it would be drama central on FF - 'cant believe we're going from Veerman to a player at MK Dons'

I mean look at the place after a draw. Place is full of irrational lunatics.

Aribo didn’t arrive to much of a fanfare tbh. We were happy with the signing but I don’t think anyone expected him to develop into the player he has become and the same can be said of Kamara too.

Besides Aribo was much more sought after than this MK Dons player so he was more of a coup.

I'd wager he'll be more impactful than Bacuna.
On the bold, Bacuna hasn’t had a chance. And when he has started, against Ross County at home, he scored and was MOTM. We don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes so we don’t know the reasons why he’s not getting a game but he made an impact in the one game where he was able to play the full match.

Not true, iirc this forum was very positive when Aribo signed.

I’ll be honest, I actually think a lot of people are just happy whenever we sign players, at least since Gerrard joined anyway. Usually much more positive than negative.

Back