Kevin Nisbet

He's just another one of the Hibs players who aren't professional enough to play more than a couple of games a season.

Raising their game against Rangers is about the sum of their ambition. They have a good game then down tools because they don't have the mentality to do it in the next game.

Big fish in a wee stagnant pool.
He's scored the same amount of goals against them as he has against us since he joined Hibs.

The problem with this view is to have them in the squad we would have to pay quite a lot of money which im sure just about every one of us agree they aint worth. Not gonna happen but at the moment we are clearly short of strikers and while i dont want Nisbet i do think if he was our player he would make the bench for tonights game.

I will ask you again, take your time, ask around get some back up if you need it, why did you say Souttar crap, not tested, no history in top level football, not popular on sky not Rangers standard and so on, every day for a year, until the day he signed ?

If it happens with Souttar, and yes JS is a right good player most of us noticed it right away, it proves signings from our own league do happen and often these players are very good value for money. Your change of opinion overnight also proves its more to do with his club than what happens on the park.

I accept i probably should stay away from all the sky sports rubbish, its tough though when theres so much of it.
I was one that wanted Doig last season thought he looked good but his 2 performances against us this season he was terrible. We have a better player in Bassey to play left back if/when Borna goes.

I don't think Nisbet is as bad as made out despite his miss last night. He's given us a lot of problems in the games he's played against us but at £4-5m not a chance. If he was available for around £1.5m- £2m then he would be a decent enough squad option.

I think he’s a better player than is being made out on here.

Other than the miss footage on this thread, i’ve not seen any of the game last night but he’s a decent enough player on his game.

Not a player at the level we need though, actually, come to think of it, i’m not even sure why he has his own thread

Dreadful miss last night.
However I think he's a more than decent SPFL player.
Maybe just going through a dip in form.

It says a lot about journalism in Scotland that they still refer to a poor miss as a “Van Vossen”.
Compare Van Vossen’s attempt to this, or the new Messi (Robert’s?) at Hampden, or indeed any of the catalogue of howlers that happen every season, and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the worst miss in decades.

It says a lot about journalism in Scotland that they still refer to a poor miss as a “Van Vossen”.
Compare Van Vossen’s attempt to this, or the new Messi (Robert’s?) at Hampden, or indeed any of the catalogue of howlers that happen every season, and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the worst miss in decades.
Posters on here said nisbets was the worst since VV. Personally i think morelos has had a few sitters against them that should consign VV's miss to the dustbin but seemingly not.

Score the open goal last night and they panic, instead they stroll to the win. To think some on here want him to replace Alfie when he goes. Simply Not good enough

He was struggling to make a 5 yard pass under no pressure in spells

He is no where near what we need - a million miles away

Posters on here said nisbets was the worst since VV. Personally i think morelos has had a few sitters against them that should consign VV's miss to the dustbin but seemingly not.
Not sure I’d want to replace one Rangers player’s miss with another Rangers player’s miss as the “Gold Standard” of misses, there have been plenty from other teams ( including Celtc) that have been worse.

Nisbet is an absolute donkey that should not ever be considered good enough for Rangers. Honestly, I can only presume that his fanboys on here are timposters... he's complete and utter dogshit and proves it every game I've seen him play.
How he got a Scotland cap god only knows.

Maybe he has but along with the rest of the team they don't have enough to keep it going.
In the last 4 seasons they've took more points off them than they have us we have 31 from 39 and tims are 23 from 36. If you mean in general then of course they don't have enough to keep it going but Hibs have underperformed this season.

Remember the frenzy over Nisbet on the final day of the summer transfer window? I'd guess a few have changed their minds since that night.

The only real shocker i remember Morelos having was in the 3-2 game. He missed sliding in from about a yard. I still dont know how he managed it.

Not sure I’d want to replace one Rangers player’s miss with another Rangers player’s miss as the “Gold Standard” of misses, there have been plenty from other teams ( including Celtc) that have been worse.
Correct - Roberts’ against us at Hampden was an absolute shocker so no need to bring our players into these references

Doig has had a terrible season but he did have a good period where he looked like our type of player in the old system.

Similarly, Nisbet has shown ability at SPFL level and an option of something different which can be important.

Single biggest issue for us now is the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs now wanting inflated prices for their better players.

They know it’s peanuts to an English team and that makes them no longer sensible “take a punt” options.

It wasn't just the open goal sitter he missed but also his entire contribution. He looked totally disillusioned and disinterested.

I would think he still bears bitterness about being denied a move by Hibs.

Hibs have had their moment of the season against us in the LC semi final. It went downhill for them ever since, the whole team that is. Every now and then Nisbet looks a good striker (speaking about Scottish strikers here), who knows how he would fare with better team-mates and coaches? In the here and now, he sure doesn`t feature on Wilson`s list, not least given the probable asking price.

Back