James Sands

Felt the game passed him by, and Kamara as well. Showed good awareness in the final third, played a couple of neat passes.

Was really disappointed that it was abundantly clear after the first 10 minutes that we weren’t going to control the midfield.

We move on, they’ll learn and we’re still top of the league.

Overall he didn't do much wrong on a night where not much went right for us. My only real criticism is that I noticed him standing off a few times when the ball was there to be won, particularly in the air.

Sands was ok. He wasn’t particularly impressive but his role was as anchor and he got into the game after 15 minutes. The problem was that Hagi was offering nothing to Kamara and Sands. Quite simply we are nothing without Aribo. Throw in the absences of Davis, Arfield and Jack and it’s no surprise our midfield struggled.

Take four midfielders out of any top side in Europe and they will struggle.

Gio got the tactics wrong. There was no pressing at all by the forwards which is just inexplicable since Aberdeen try to play out the back. We should have Kent and Sakala playing off the shoulders of the fullbacks and going direct to bypass the midfield and also aiming to score on the counter with balls over the top.

Anonymous, did he complete a pass all night, him and Kamara put in the worst midfield performance I’ve seen for years.

To be fair after seeing the effort or lack of it lundstram put in I’m not sure the manager had a choice

I think the sane amongst us will give him time, my niggling doubt tonight is that I don’t see anything there for him to be a Rangers Centre Half or as our RB cover as has been stated. I think def midfielder is his position and you won’t have a tougher venue for your debut

Felt the game passed him by, and Kamara as well. Showed good awareness in the final third, played a couple of neat passes.

Was really disappointed that it was abundantly clear after the first 10 minutes that we weren’t going to control the midfield.

Both of them were entirely anonymous in the second half.

We were dominated in possession by a shite Aberdeen team. 59% to 41%.

Early days for Sands, don’t think it's a game he should have been thrown into it.

Bit soon for the lad.

Unless Jack is now ready to come back in, we need to invest in that area before the window shuts.

The speed of the game basically took him out of it . Constantly yards off it .
Most games in the MLS are not anywhere near as intense

He seemed a little apprehensive in the first half

He didn't really do a whole lot other than close down space

Time will tell

He looked neat and tidy in the first half. Probably played more dangerous passes than Kamara did. Dropped off in the 2nd which was understandable. Poor poor decision bringing Lundstram on for Wright. Don't imagine it's one Gio will make again.

Is what it is a poor night at the office at a difficult away ground missing our star man. It happens. Not to mention a cheating b@stard of a ref.

Still being top is the only positive we can draw from that sh*t show of a performance, I just knew when I seen our injury list in midfield was expanding forcing our hand on playing sands and that Clancy was ref he’d screw us over and be going out of his way for his old pal brown.

Back