Gio's tactics

Gio right gets the plaudits when it comes to changing the direction of our team, but the tactics tonight and against hearts need looked at. We where dominated in both games

A performance like that has been coming in Gio’s tenure so far.

We shouldn’t been lining up against Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen away and sitting back deep and hitting them on the counter.

The games mentioned above we done so and in my opinion we were lucky to get 2 wins from the above.

Improvement is needed urgently and we need to go into the transfer market.

Our tactics were terrible today.

If we play like that at Parkhead - or even try to emulate the same tactics as tonight - then we will get pumped.

Not sure how people can blame the tactics. The midfield possession was terrible as was Kents. If they were able to keep the ball then maybe we could have built something.

Horrific, for the first time I don’t blame the players. I’m not sure how they overcame gios tactics to even get a draw from that. We literally had one midfielder in Kamara on the pitch, sands I’ve no idea what the %^*& he is and having isn’t a midfielder. We then not only gave the ball up the players when in possession didn’t have a clue what to do.

zero movement, no triangles, no stretching, no control. Not a fucking clue.

we played like st Johnstone and more worryingly less organised.

We were poor today, Gio seemed to be happy with us sitting back to hold onto a clean sheet but I don't think you can or should do that at only 1-0. We should have went for a 2nd and then done that.

Aberdeen ofc helped by Clancy the cheat. Every chance he gets he fucks us. That is the most pathetic red card you'll ever see. Pen was a pen, but as soon as we touched any of their players it was a free kick. It was worse than watching Spanish football

11 men behind the ball, kick and run. Like watching one of big Sam's teams tonight. Got away with it at Hibs because Porteous is an idiot but tonight we deserved absolutely nothing. No creativity at all on show.

There were tactics tonight? News to me.

Depressing attitude to the game, depressing subs & deserved all we got.

Didn't even take the first defeat for the moaning to start, impressive.
People need to get a grip on here a bad performance can happen and every rangers fan knows this is always 99%of the time hardest game of season because they put more effort in than any other game in the season so it could be worse we could be 4pts behind

The one thing we have become used too is dominating the ball
Tonight we chose to not even have a midfiled in the middle of the park
We had a defense & we had an attack
No middle area to the team
Absolute madness
Simply, why????????

I'm concerned. Worrying subs. Poor simple tactics. I expected much more.

I fear for us against the rhats. Before anyone says there sh1te ...so are Aberdeen.

Reactions: dmg
Aye okay mate the performance was good and his tactics were spot on.
Seriously what do you know about tactics - do you implement them for a team other than in your head?
The biggest problem was the slackness in playing the ball out from the back specifically Bassey and Barisic.

Trust the process. The team is adapting to a new system. It doesn’t happen overnight.

A counter attacking strategy would suit us to prevent being squeezed by teams who park the bus.

Give it time.

Went defensive far to early Sands struggled in his first start a few yards off it instant impressions I'd rather have Lundstrum in the midfield over him Sands should have came off for Sakala when chasing the game

Not sure how people can blame the tactics. The midfield possession was terrible as was Kents. If they were able to keep the ball then maybe we could have built something.
The tactics were honking, we gave them all the ball in the hope we could hit them on the break. Sitting back against that muck isn't good enough.

Got away with the same tactics at tynecastle but not tonight.Looks like if Aribo isn’t playing we are clueless.Saying that the level of performance was unacceptable and constantly giving the ball away means we were lucky to come away with a point.

It was very very poor
I hope the manager does well but it’s early days and the bravado about him was in my view rather OTT. Let’s see how it goes but I found it odd that he was not with a club. Tonight he was very naive in my opinion but then I’m not a coach.

Seriously what do you know about tactics - do you implement them for a team other than in your head?
The biggest problem was the slackness in playing the ball out from the back specifically Bassey and Barisic.

I'm not being payed to implement tactics. Anyone who watched the game can see how it was played. Almost identical to how we played at Tynecastle, except we created far less tonight and didn't have a 2 goal lead. It is clearly a tactic that Gio is deploying.

Back