Gio Interview

Gio is level headed and doesn't want to create headlines for the media to use against us.

I'm sure behind the scenes there's a lot more said than in that interview.

And I’ll be reading posts like this in a few months the next time Clancy does his stuff and costs us more points.

Rinse and repeat.

I am less worried about what he said - or didn’t say - about Clancy and more worried about his seeming acceptance that it is reasonable enough that we go to places like Pitoddrie and have them dominate. He didn’t seem too bothered by the fact that a piss poor Aberdeen team were on top for most of that game.

He almost managed to justify Kent being sent off, interview on par with the teams performance, some worrying signs on and off the park tonight.
We had 5/6 first team starters arguably out, it was always going to be tough. Factor in the absolute cheating prick in black and playing the last 10 with 10 men a point isn’t a disaster.

Worrying? Not for me.

He almost managed to justify Kent being sent off, interview on par with the teams performance, some worrying signs on and off the park tonight.

Shit yeah mate, I was disappointed with the result but the interview is just the knife being twisted

We’ve allowed the narrative to be set, the story tomorrow will be about how we were lucky that Clancy didn’t give Aberdeen a penalty. Nothing will be said about Hayes, Brown, the foul before their penalty etc.

I’d happily contribute to a banner that tells our board/ management to stand up for our club instead of taking it dry all the fucking time

Here we go - Gio is getting next!!!

Goldson’s turn after that, the maybe Tav?
What a ridiculous reply.

it’s not a criticism, it’s an observation that all the other respondents to the post got, apart from you.

Do you honestly think Sir Alex, Wenger, Klopp and countless others would have been as diplomatic in their reply?

Clancy was out and out cheating and desperate to send a Rangers player off, why didn’t McCrorie not get booked at least twice?

Every other manager calls it out, we get nowhere being nice guys.

We had 5/6 first team starters arguably out, it was always going to be tough. Factor in the absolute cheating prick in black and playing the last 10 with 10 men a point isn’t a disaster.

Worrying? Not for me.
That team should have tore Aberdeen apart bates and mccrorie are slow as a week in the jail.

Alex Ferguson would have turned the spotlight on the referee's performance to distract from the poor performance.
That's ok down in England but here is Scotland if we criticize officials he could end up in the stand, everyone one on here Knew there was going to be agenda's, I even stated in a previous post we are more concerned about officials rather than the opposing teams, if you look at what happened tonight Hayes should have been off for not one but two elbow's in Borna's face nothing giving, yet we get Hagi booked, Alfie booked for handling the ball in box resulting in a penalty that he could do nothing about and Kent double booked for nothing tackles, Brown is a disgrace of a human being laughing and applauding a fellow professional player being sent off for his play acting, there is going to be a lot more to come I am afraid to say, but tonight we did not play well but still come away unbeaten in many ways it could be the kick up the ass we need to see what is in front of us now and push on

Last edited:
Fucking hell there is some absolute chicken dinners on here, do you think a man who has been there seen it all won it all would come out to rangers tv or even fucking better Sky an slaughter his players, his tactics or even the referee knowing he would spend a few games in the stand? Some of you i swear musta never been good at anything in life. Our management team will be raging with the performance, gio will know set up was wrong an the club will be asking questions of the referee behind closed doors.

The thing is i have more faith in Gio changing it than watching Gerrard going with the standard "just do plan A better".

Its a point, a shite point but a point. Many more will be won an a few dropped before may, but the tramps are in a worse position and having to bleed new shiny world beaters who have yet to to to a soakin wet freezing tynecastle or livingston and be kicked an elbowed for 90 mins.

Keep the faith bears

That's ok down in England but here is Scotland if we criticize officials he could end up in the stand, everyone one on here Knew there was going to be agenda's, I even stated in a previous post we are more concerned about officials rather than the opposing teams, if you look at what happened tonight Hayes should have been off for elbow in Borna's face nothing giving, yet we get Hagi booked, Alfie booked for handling the ball in box resulting in a penalty that he could do nothing about and Kent double booked for nothing tackles, Brown is a disgrace of a human being laughing and applauding a fellow professional player being sent off for his play acting, there is going to be a lot more to come I am afraid to say, but tonight we did not play well but still come away unbeaten in many ways it could be the kick up the ass we need to see what is in front of us now and push on
In regards to your thoughts, if, and it’s a big IF, this does give the back room staff, except Gio as he already knows, a total understanding of how much we are really hated, then hopefully they get it across to the team, where the vast majority should know anyway, but as champions, we are hated even more than ever and they all need to take tonight and become champions again to work it right up every single one of the haters.

happy for the Point his tactics played for. There seemed no genuine intention for us to try and win that game. let Aberdeen dictate play from the first whistle as he told the players not to press until Aberdeen were 20 yards from goal

GVB does not need to come to the interview foaming at the mouth and cursing like an Irish navvie. All he has to say, politely and curteously, is, when a particular issue is raised by the interviewer, that he watched the incident back and, to him, "it looked like their was little, if any, contact" (Kent) or that, to him, " it looked like there was a push in the build up to the penalty". Simple, no need to question the referees parentage if you are subtle and you make your point.

I hope our eminant PR guru recently promoted has some lines of attack planned through the media with regards to referee's.

The staunch silence isn't cutting it anymore when they tramps are discussing at AGM's

Both challenges took place on the far side of the pitch, not sure what you want him to say. He may have briefly watched it on replay but perhaps he was more concerned with the overall performance than the referees shitshow.

In regards to your thoughts, if, and it’s a big IF, this does give the back room staff, except Gio as he already knows, a total understanding of how much we are really hated, then hopefully they get it across to the team, where the vast majority should know anyway, but as champions, we are hated even more than ever and they all need to take tonight and become champions again to work it right up every single one of the haters.
That's basically what I have been saying every team is a cup final to them playing against us with the hatred towards us, and previously I said he have to concentrate on ourselves and just keep winning our games in the face of adversity and to put it bluntly the cheating and the corruption in this country from top to bottom, before the lockdown they were screaming about wanting their fans in and they could not even fill their stadium tonight. We just need to kick on dust ourselves down move on for the next 3 points

That interview was more worrying than the performance tbh. Far to passive. He has to be tougher on the refs and should have came out and backed kent
The interview was measured and classy, as is our manager.

He was non-committal in his response to the red card incidents.

I'm as fuming as the next person about Clancy and his cheating but let's not ask our manager to behave in a manner unbecoming of the position as a result. Walter would have never slated a referee in his post match interview and nor should he.

I was also disappointed with his words post match. He talked up Aberdeen & Pittodrie as such a tough match you’d have thought we had just played Bayern away, not a shower of journeymen.

He far too meekly accepted the 2 Kent bookings almost as to be expected in a physical match - both were disgraceful, as was Clancy.

I was nervous before the game due to the players that were missing but it was unforgivable not to put any pressure whatsoever on that defence of theirs - it was there for the taking yet we gave them all the time & space in the world.

4 points dropped to them by way of two awful performances this season - woeful stuff.

What a ridiculous reply.

it’s not a criticism, it’s an observation that all the other respondents to the post got, apart from you.

Do you honestly think Sir Alex, Wenger, Klopp and countless others would have been as diplomatic in their reply?

Clancy was out and out cheating and desperate to send a Rangers player off, why didn’t McCrorie not get booked at least twice?

Every other manager calls it out, we get nowhere being nice guys.
That’s crap gerrard would call it out where did that gets nowhere the fact of th3 matter we ar3 not alllowed to work th3 system we need to beat the system

The interview was measured and classy, as is our manager.

He was non-committal in his response to the red card incidents.

I'm as fuming as the next person about Clancy and his cheating but let's not ask our manager to behave in a manner unbecoming of the position as a result. Walter would have never slated a referee in his post match interview and nor should he.
When I started this thread I did not want my manager to come out foaming at mouth, using imaginary inverted commas or anything like that.

As a previous poster alluded to, use the terminology of, in my opinion, from where I was standing, on the balance of probability (Barasic nose bleed if no contact?) to get your point across that there were numerous decisions you did not agree with.

Haven't seen it but guessing it's pretty much a standard interview from a manager that had won his previous 8 games and just drawn away from home?

Celtic don’t discuss and question referees at their AGM for a laugh. They do it because it works.

This is a lesson we need to learn, and quickly.

Pointless suggesting it mate, you’ll get people along shortly to say that’s “not how we do things” which is exactly why games like tonight happen to us frequently.

Back