Tonight's Refereeing in 4 Gifs

giphy.gif
That’s a FU we are cheats and proud

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

1 minute later. Kent on Hayes. Hayes retaliates. BOTH get booked.

giphy.gif

Kent on Brown. Doesn't touch him. Brown dives, Kent gets booked and sent off.
giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
Our captain elected to play the Mr Nice guy routine. He should have been calling that Referee performance out and the antics of Brown.

Watch when Hayes spun round after the Kent challenge.
Looking to see if anybody sees the same as I did.
Ref was not interested in doing anything to Hayes, his entire focus was on Kent.

Unless you mean Hayes on Kent, in which case you see Lego applauding him.

I'd actually say that every one of our booking tonight were pathetic.

Hagi - fair enough he should retreat but it happens all the time.
Tav - wasn't even a foul.
Morelos - even if (big if) it's a penalty when he is trying to get his arm out the way, how is that a yellow? It's not deliberate.
And the two Kent ones, especially the second were an absolute joke.

Also the fact he was giving them free kicks for everything (21 - 7 o_O), and letting them away with all sorts is beyond comprehension.

I'm not sure how anyone can explain that refereeing performance that we just witnessed logically.

Sakala one is debatable for a red aswell. Guy makes no attempt to play the ball so kicks, not trips or sticks out a leg, just boots him in the legs. I mean wtf. Kent who gets his ankles cracked at least half a dozen times in a usual match somehow gets sent off for fuk all. An arsehole of a ref

We didn't play well tonight that cannot be argued. However we were hindered by this clown Clancy. It was a pen for Aberdeen no complaints but both of Kents yellows were soft (especially the second) and both Brown and Hayes should have seen red.

We have to be perfect going forward we really do, in close games they (the SPFL) will cost us points and they will help the scum where they can (7 mins injury time anyone).

Anyway raging haha also if I ever see Clancy in the street I will take one for the team and slap the lady's front bottom!

The referees could make all the difference and they know it. They have their cheats and they intimidate the rest.

The referees could make all the difference and they know it. They have their cheats and they intimidate the rest.

Yep it didn't come into effect last season because we were flawless we didn't allow them to influence a thing. This season is a closer race I am still confident we will prevail but they will do all they can to stop us. Tonight and Clancy was the start.

McGregor lucky not to have given away a penalty in the first half. Embarrassingly slow off his line yet again.

In saying that, the penalty they did get was a shove on Barisic and even after that it should've been retaken due to the ball moving. If Ferguson missed it I bet Clancy would've given him a retake.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hayes tries to elbow Borno then hits his face with his hand. Two movements. Linesman a few feet away.
Nothing.

giphy.gif
Couldn’t be a better demonstration of what a cheating tw@t that Clancy is…

Doesn't McGregor have to foul him for it to be a penalty? Contact does not equal foul.

Hedges falls over because he is running full tilt and then stretches for the ball in such a way it causes him to pirouette and lose his balance. He grazes McGregor on the way down but nothing McGregor did impeded him. Just because Hedges got to the ball first doesn't mean he wasn't the one who initiated the contact.
Agree. The contact was both ways. We could have had a foul on our keeper. If Morelos had done that he would have been bkd for fouling the keeper..then probably carded again for diving. Thats a Clancy wet dream.

Clancy will be saying and the best thing is Rangers will say nothing. Nobody will criticise me. Yes we were poor tonight but it is difficult to match their tackling when we are reffed to different standards. Kent is sent off for not touching Brown, Barasic tries to get tight to Haynes and is hit twice in the face. It was a pen but never a booking. We are almost tackled taking free kicks every week and action is never taken - tonight a yellow in 5 mins When we do it.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing.

giphy.gif

The double elbow from Hayes on Barisic is assault…plain and simple. He draws blood ffs! That’s not shielding the ball, that’s intent to injure. Guys on a yellow and has to walk for that. Officials were absolutely disgraceful tonight albeit our performance wasn’t much better.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing.

giphy.gif
In the first incident Hayes comes in from behind and pushes Kent over. It's a foul. Not a booking.

Second incident both players get yellow cards. Most officials would do exactly the same. Hayes should probably be getting his yellow for persistent fouling after the first incident. Kent would get his for the reaction.

3rd and 4th decisions are wrong. Arguable as to what exactly the ref would see with the 3rd incident. Regardless of where he was, no angle would have looked like Kent had committed a bookable offense.

4th one should be a straight red for violent conduct. Hayes should be subject to further action as it's a clear red for violent conduct that the officials have missed.

Last edited:
Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing.

giphy.gif
Ffsake, I was angry at the time, now I am just fckn angrier.
The club should be asking the SFA what the fck this is all about, it is a fckn disgrace.

By the way, great stuff as usual from the OP.

Hayes on Kent.
No yellow
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Nothing.

giphy.gif
This is a perfect microcosm of what we are up against under the corrupt governance of Scottish football in this day and age. Our once proud country and its national sport has been well and truly inflicted by an abhorrent evil.

In the first incident Hayes comes in from behind and pushes Kent over. It's a foul. Not a booking.

Second incident both players get yellow cards. Most officials would do exactly the same. Hayes should probably be getting his yellow for persistent fouling after the first incident. Kent would get his for the reaction.

3rd and 4th decisions are wrong. Arguable as to what exactly the ref would see with the 3rd incident. Regardless of where he was, no angle would have looked like Kent had committed a bookable offense.

4th one should be a straight red for violent conduct. Hayes should be subject to further action as it's a clear red for violent conduct that the officials have missed.
The first incident was more than a mere push.
Hayes made no intent to play the ball and instead was focusing on giving some to a player he was intent on riling from the off.
It was a deliberate tactic.
The second was the sort of incident where neither player should be carded unless the game has gotten out of control and the referee is using cards to calm things down.

The Kent second booking was the biggest joke of the night, but this is what can happen when a referee is carding players for the wrong incidents.
The last one was really a matter for the linesman who needs to get a pair of fckn specs.
Although one suspect if it had been a Rangers player using his elbows like that, he Clancy would have seen it.

That Ryan Kent was sent off and that Hayes stayed on the park just about sums Clancy up.
Call him incompetent, but after watching him for years I think there is a far more accurate term for him.

Back