Time for Sakala to get a run in the team.

Not sure why he isn’t getting a game

Wright looks good sometimes but seems to just run and produce very little

Dropping someone who got double figures in a better league than ours for someone who barely ever scores or assists is one of the most baffling decisions you can make with our squad.

Sakala is being managed the same way Itten was where even if they aren't good enough, you're actively ensuring they won't be by fucking them about

Morelos was far, far from the worst out there and got practically 0 service
But we can't keep playing him if he does nothing else but wait for a chance to score...Sakala has more pace and will at least make an effort to close the ball down if the other team has it.

But we can't keep playing him if he does nothing else but wait for a chance to score...Sakala has more pace and will at least make an effort to close the ball down if the other team has it.
His build up play was pretty decent tonight imo, didn’t notice any problem with his pressing until later on in the game where he looked done. Sakala is better coming off the right imo

Did more than morelos tonight
Sakala should have played instead of Kent alongside Morelos or on the left side of attack. Kent did one good cross all night. Sakala is far more direct and willing to shoot.

We left Morelos more or less alone up top, Kent and Wright were not pressing their defenders hard enough all game long, just in wee spells.

His link up play was good today (control for the blocked tav shot for example) and he nearly scored a cracking volley from the corner. He tired (as the whole team did) but the issue was the lack of service and pace either side of him for me. Sakala alongside him is the answer instead of Wright or Hagi.

Just said this in another thread. Baffling why he was dropped. The one positive from Kent's suspension is that it might open the door for him in the next two games.

Do you watch us on a regular basis?
Season ticket for nigh on thirty years so Yes.

When Morelos is on song he is on song but on nights like tonight he has that, to my mind, can't be f*cked attitude and it does my head in.

But thank f*ck we all see things differently or football forums would be a borefest.

A better option than Wright but we really need a proper right winger to play in the system that Gio wants. Perhaps tonight will hurry that along.

As above, not sure why he was dropped. Positive, decent contribution, was involved in making and scoring goals.

Season ticket for nigh on thirty years so Yes.

When Morelos is on song he is on song but on nights like tonight he has that, to my mind, can't be f*cked attitude and it does my head in.

But thank f*ck we all see things differently or football forums would be a borefest.

He's just off the back of a player of the month award. Had no service all night but nearly scores with an excellent volley just before Kent gets sent off. Drops deep to pick the ball up and knocks it out to Wright opening up space for the ball out to Kent for the goal.

Sakala maybe shouldn't have started, but he must have been looking at Bates & McCrorie and rubbing his hands, especially when they pushed further up as the game wore on.

I now have serious reservations about Wright.

He just wanted that game to be over tonight & showed no strength of character.

Additionally, Hayes probably created more danger to us than he did to them.

Not good enough I fear.

Sakala must be pissed off watching him & then Hagi on current form, albeit Hagi did take his goal very well. That apart, anonymous.

I agree OP. Fashion deserves a run in the team & I would have him on earlier tonight.

We take the point & move on. Beat Livi & go on another 9/ 10 winning run.

When he's played he's been good. It's strange that Hagi and Wright get selected ahead of him. Maybe he's crap in training.

I don’t understand why he is not getting a game before Wright who doesn’t really offer anything.

The only reason I can think of is Sakala must be utter shite at training because between he and Wright, there is no contest.
About 70% on here have a wankfest over Wright. As I said early in the mental match thread they would be happy seeing Wright starting.

Back