Why did our Captain not call out the cheating antics of Scott Brown when he was interviewed after the game?

ThorntonMM

When questioned on his thoughts on the match he seemed rather nonchalant about the pathetic, lacklustre Rangers performance. He didn't seem to be in any way concerned that we have dropped four points and once again been outplayed and outfought against a team with limited talent.

The thing that really got me though was that he watched an opponent blatantly cheating to get one of his team mates sent off and when the red card was shown the classless scumbag was laughing in his face. Yet our captain says absolutely nothing about it. Doesn't call him out. Doesn't highlight his disgraceful antics throughout the game nor the fact that Kent will miss the next league match because of the neanderthal.
Nope, he says not a thing.!

Last edited:
As we can’t afford anymore suspensions that’s why
He’s not going to get cited for mentioning Brown after the game ffs. So long as he’s cute with it and avoids mentioning Clancy he’s fine.

He should be doing it on the pitch anyway. He should be putting his head into every conversation that Brown and Clancy were having during the match to stamp a bit of influence on the ref.

He'd have got a ban. And we just sold our cover for his position.

I get we want Tav and our manager to go out all guns blazing because that clown dived about the pitch all night, taunting our players and looking to get them to react (the type of behaviour that he's been indulged all his Celtic career) but maybe this is for the PR man at Rangers to highlight?

He’s not going to get cited for mentioning Brown after the game ffs. So long as he’s cute with it and avoids mentioning Clancy he’s fine.

He should be doing it on the pitch anyway. He should be putting his head into every conversation that Brown and Clancy were having during the match to stamp a bit of influence on the ref.
When it comes to to presence on the pitch regarding referee influencing and opponent intimidation, our captain goes missing quite alot.

Because he would get banned?

He'd have got a ban. And we just sold our cover for his position.

I get we want Tav and our manager to go out all guns blazing because that clown dived about the pitch all night, taunting our players and looking to get them to react (the type of behaviour that he's been indulged all his Celtic career) but maybe this is for the PR man at Rangers to highlight?
He wouldn't have got a ban ffs. For highlighting a player laughing at getting his opponent sent off?

Because he is a professional captain. He upholds the standards of our club and did the right thing by focusing on us
Ah, this ‘standards’ pish again.

If standards mean that we stand there and get shafted up the arse left, right and centre in complete silence by every pape referee going, then I’d rather we had no standards.

A lot of badge thumping pish and sitting in silence while Celtic are handed even more than the massive number of points they’ve already been given by referees this season.

This is what annoys me. We didn’t deserve to win but call out Clancy for %^*& sake or take the shite we are giving.

If standards mean that we stand there and get shafted up the arse left, right and centre in complete silence by every pape referee going, then I’d rather we had no standards.

A lot of badge thumping pish and sitting in silence while Celtic are handed even more than the massive number of points they’ve already been given by referees this season.
No, Scott brown isn’t the reason we failed as a team tonight. We were below average. Didn’t win individual battles and had a white night all round tbh. Him calling out the Lego muncher does nothing to change that. We focus on ourselves first and foremost

Ok but why did mcGinn of hibs get a suspension when he only said what everyone thought and Guess what his next game was against Celtic and if Tav spoke out he would get a suspension on the 2nd Feb. Guaranteed
Because he criticised the Referee. Its a totally different thing.

You are right OP it should be called out. The rat has been getting away with it for years.

I would disagree that it should be our captain though. It should be our Manager and above, that puts this sub human Pr**k in his place.

Also the referee's that let him do their job. But that might be for another thread.

No, Scott brown isn’t the reason we failed as a team tonight. We were below average. Didn’t win individual battles and had a white night all round tbh. Him calling out the Lego muncher does nothing to change that. We focus on ourselves first and foremost
I don’t care about Scott Brown, i mean Clancy.

We can only do so much when the basic principles of football officiating aren’t being applied to both teams equally.

Yeah because dignified silence has worked wonders for us eh.

As for temperamental...
You must have hated Souness eh?

I know which of the two I would have every time!
What when Souness got banned for comments he said? Maybe Tav should do that and we are weaker as a team but you can enjoy your self-flagellation a wee bit better.

He is a different type of Captain to what most of us would like to see.

To be fair there are another 9 players out there who could and should have got involved after Kent got sent off.

I don’t care about Scott Brown, i mean Clancy.

We can only do so much when the basic principles of football officiating aren’t being applied to both teams equally.
Fair enough mate, I agree with the principle of what you’re saying but I don’t personally feel the captain should be calling that out right after the game when we were shockingly below par. Fans would be raging that’s he’s trying to deflect away from how poor we played and that’s he’s blaming refs etc

What when Souness got banned for comments he said? Maybe Tav should do that and we are weaker as a team but you can enjoy your self-flagellation a wee bit better.
Why would he get banned for condemning a player laughing at an opponent getting sent off?

Why would he get banned for condemning a player laughing at an opponent getting sent off?
I condemn you for being such a clown you think the Rangers captain should be in TV greeting about Scott Brown laughing. Man up and have some respect for yourself ffs.

Because he is a professional captain. He upholds the standards of our club and did the right thing by focusing on us
As a professional captain he should speak up for his players. He could have commented on the Kent red card and asked the interviewer for their thoughts on the incident.

When questioned on his thoughts on the match he seemed rather nonchalant about the pathetic, lacklustre Rangers performance. He didn't seem to be in any way concerned that we have dropped four points and once again been outplayed and outfought against a team with limited talent.

The thing that really got me though was that he watched an opponent blatantly cheating to get one of his team mates sent off and when the red card was shown the classless scumbag was laughing in his face. Yet our captain says absolutely nothing about it. Doesn't call him out. Doesn't highlight his disgraceful antics throughout the game nor the fact that Kent will miss the next league match because of the neanderthal.
Because Looney Tune Broon is not the full shilling and it would be against his (and Father Clancy's) mental health rights.

Not to mention the problem mentality of the SFA clowns

For the same reason that no captain, manager or player of Rangers has done so whilst representing the club.
Not Greig, Johnstone, Dawson, McClelland, Butcher, Gough, Amoruso, Ferguson or Weir.
This is a characteristic of a Rangers captain.
Also a manager and player.
I’m not telling you I agree with it although, all things considered, I probably do, just that’s the way our club wants it to be.

I condemn you for being such a clown you think the Rangers captain should be in TV greeting about Scott Brown laughing. Man up and have some respect for yourself ffs.
Brown DELIBERATELY got his opponent sent off by taking a DIVE. He then laughed about IT as he was walking off and you say I'm a clown for being annoyed at Tavernier saying nothing about it. Aye very good!

What would we have gained mate? Tav dealt with it at the time in the correct manner by immediately sticking up for his team mate. In the interview he's kept it classy. I wouldn't have liked him goin on about brown at the end. Instead he's talked about the main reason we didn't win and that's because we weren't good enough.

The wrong time to call out this sort of thing is in the tunnel immediately after the match.
Indeed it is better highlighted by willing third parties who can do your muckraking for you.
This is why the FIlth benefits from having the MSM in their pockets and are always prepared to get down and dirty regarding the off-the-field league title race.

Well said.

We had nutjobs on here upset that the yahoos would not be able to field a full team against us Jan 2nd and were glad it wasn't played !

These fkpigs will stop at nothing to get the CL $$$ - but as long as we have our dignity that is all that matters to some on here - dignity was finished when were sent to the lower divisions.

Now they have every referee working for them and it is plain to see - organized crime/corruption.

Because we live in an era where people get offended by everything and it would be seen as 'blaming a man doing his job' if Clancy were to be called out and shamed by a player, I'm past wanting retribution.

Back