Its now just expected that we'll be kicked off the pitch at Pittodrie

Year in, year out, we face assault and battery up there, and nobody at the club says anything. It is utterly bizarre, tbh.
It’s contact sport rangers just need to get stuck in but they don’t that’s @ lot of the problem then let the quality then take car3 of the rest

Win the battle, then you win the game.

Thats the way it always is up there

We lost the battle last night and in the end done well to come away with a point

Expected by everyone apart from our team.
The club should have more interested in telling the players as opposed to releasing mental statements to the press.

Better teams than last night have went up there and dropped more points than we did.

Its called using nous or savvy. Neutralise the Sheep's predictable violent tactics by putting the ref under pressure beforehand to ensure a game of football is played.

Not really sure we "allow it" our record there has been very good, last nights game was little different to what has went on there for at least 25+ years TBH

Our club, Manager and fans know it. The media rub their hands in anticipation for these games. The question for me is why do we allow it to continue. ?
Yes. Pretty much and of course we will start the game like we're playing a pre season friendly.

Its up to us to stand up to it. Thought we were outplayed for large spells last night its not good enough. We cant win every game but we were worryingly poor

It’s made all the more difficult to stand up to it on the pitch when we have referees all too happy to book and send our players off for nothing, and essentially let opposition players officiate the game.

Totally agree with overall performance though. We were weak all over the pitch.

The number of cards we got last night, and people expect us to kick as much as we get kicked.

I’m not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Exactly, mate. The question for me is why should we expect a " battle ", ie, Aberdeen allowed to foul and kick with impunity, every time we go up there. ? It is utterly bizarre that we just expect and accept this to continue every season.

Its up to us to stand up to it. Thought we were outplayed for large spells last night its not good enough. We cant win every game but we were worryingly poor

Thats normally fair, however did you see what the cheating prick ref was giving as fouls against us compared to what they were allowed away with?

its all just noise. If we could have passed and moved last night they wouldnt have had the chance to be aggressive. Unfortunately we decided to sit back and play counter attacking football but never made two passes all game.

Thats normally fair, however did you see what the cheating prick ref was giving as fouls against us compared to what they were allowed away with?
I agree we are 100% refereed to a different standard. We got dragged into a battle because our play was overall very poor. We lost the midfield i dont think it was a game for young Sands and ive gave up commenting on Hagi. We badly missed Arfield and Big Joe. Not the end of the world i expected us to drop some points out of the 4 tough away games. If we play like that at parkhead we will lose

It's an old rivalry which gives the players and referees the derby mindest - expect hard tackles and words with colourful language to be exchanged. I don't have a problem with it. It's football, a contact sport.

We have to match it or we will become like Arsenal - drop points everytime the opposition are up for a physical game

We need to bring in some steel. A hard tackling player who can take a game like that by the scruff and motivate others.

I agree we are 100% refereed to a different standard. We got dragged into a battle because our play was overall very poor. We lost the midfield i dont think it was a game for young Sands and ive gave up commenting on Hagi. We badly missed Arfield and Big Joe. Not the end of the world i expected us to drop some points out of the 4 tough away games. If we play like that at parkhead we will lose
Arfield is twice the player when not playing and Aribo has got lots of criticism on here when he has played.

We didn't "get dragged into a battle"

Go back and look at the stuff we had fouls given against us for. Several of them were utter nonsense, and actually were used to call back our attacks or potential quick counters

Any 50/50 he could he gave them a free kick. Particularly first half could see the players having a go at him for it.

Compare to what was not called as fouls for Aberdeen.

Hes a fucking cheat.

We didn't "get dragged into a battle"

Go back and look at the stuff we had fouls given against us for. Several of them were utter nonsense, and actually were used to call back our attacks or potential quick counters

Any 50/50 he could he gave them a free kick. Particularly first half could see the players having a go at him for it.

Compare to what was not called as fouls for Aberdeen.

Hes a fucking cheat.
Why did he not send off Mcgregor? I would have been screaming for it at the other end. We didnt deserve to win last night

It's over 5 years since we lost there so record can't be that bad.

It always has been and always will be one of the hardest games of the season.

Tav clearly took the ball in that challenge.

I dont think Kents second yellow even merited a foul never mind a booking.
Am I alone in thinking his first booking should have been a foul for Rangers, the blond guy in the proboscis monkey mask barged into Kent rather than the other way about.

I don’t really have a problem with it as long as we match them, which we didn’t.
We match them and it results in yellows and reds, Clancy will point to the fact he gave them 2 yellows which means he was fair and even, he could even say he didn’t book Morelos for pushing Brown over.

All the above is acedemic as Clancy would not be questioned let alone investigated !

An unbiased competent referee would havnt allowed Aberdeen a free reign to do what they want. Sadly we had Clancy.

Doesn’t help when the ref is hand picked to facilitate the home teams approach and they get weeks to focus on the fixture as opposed to a few days as it should have been.

You do expect these "battles" at Pittodrie so its hardly something new. Over the years we have given as well as we have got, but last night wasn't good enough.

When the tims go to Tynecastle next week the "battle" mantra will be rolled out again no doubt. They couldn't handle it at the start of the season and I hope they can't again.

Even taking Clancy out of the equation, we'd still have had the shit kicked out of us last night. It happens up there every season, over the ball challenges, two-footed lunges, the Sheep fouling with impunity. Why do we just meekly accept it. ?

Why did he not send off Mcgregor? I would have been screaming for it at the other end. We didnt deserve to win last night

No idea

However even if he did give a penalty it wasn't a red card as it was an attempt to play the ball by him.

You are coflating two separate issues. We didn't deserve to win.

That does not mean we just accept the ref being a cheat.

I despair at our club's negligence regarding this issue. Do they not care about these assaults on our players?

And this is why Scottish football will always be a backwater.

Blood and snotters valued over technique and athleticism.

Any other European league and Aberdeen finish with 8 men.

The problem is that we didn’t have the technique or athleticism either. Last night was two poor teams who created very little but one team wanted to win more

It's over 5 years since we lost there so record can't be that bad.

It always has been and always will be one of the hardest games of the season.

I think it is the hardest and thats not based on football its based on the whole thing

Its a different sport when we go up there

Back