Bar 72 - Friday

Wonder if those who had access at first game of the season or at the Boxing Day game were included in the ballot? Third time ‘unlucky’ for me I guess! And yet again no compensation for the loss of ‘Hospitality’ VIP benefits.

Just seen this thread. Got email with ticket earlier and didn’t even think to check but it’s states on it turnstile numbers but absolutely no email from rangers saying that we have no access on Friday.

I know the club have been in a very difficult situation with Covid but they will be ripping the absolute p*** if they put up prices again next season after missing out on around 26 games now bcd over the last three season and games like Friday night if we don’t get access

I got the ticket through today. Clear as mud frankly as it’s still a ‘VIP’ Club72 ticket but with the times for the bar omitted and access through the turnstiles printed over the top of the ticket. Nothing even to say we get a £15 voucher like we did in the earlier part of the season. I know it’s not the clubs fault that indoor hospitality is restricted.

"Those who are successful will be emailed a separate itinerary, containing full details on where to arrive and what time the facility will be open from. For all others, the guidelines below will be in place.

• Access will be via the turnstiles within Govan Rear 79-82 / 91-92 / 98-101. Supporters can sit in their usual seats."

As has already been said above, the ticket issued has a contradictory message. The first email earlier today does offer some clarity that we do not have access to the Lounge unless full details have been received.

Seems we didn’t get access. So didn’t get bar access for Livi, didn’t get in for St Mirren and not getting in on Friday, it appears. Don’t know anyone that’s been emailed with separate Lounge/Bar access instructions.

no hearts away, no Boxing Day and no access for me Friday.

Me giving Laura grief for being shit is paying off I see
I wonder how many are getting in each side and were those that got Livi bar access and into St Mirren game excluded from the 'ballot?' I think I know the answer to that though.

I wonder how many are getting in each side and were those that got Livi bar access and into St Mirren game excluded from the 'ballot?' I think I know the answer to that though.
They’re not intelligent enough to work out a fair way of doing it.

im guessing it’s a ballot of everyone each time, with a few problematic people taken out of the hat before it starts :);)

They’re not intelligent enough to work out a fair way of doing it.

im guessing it’s a ballot of everyone each time, with a few problematic people taken out of the hat before it starts :);)
I hope these emails have RSVP or folk might be successful with zero intention of going to the game or go to game but not use the bar. There are 5 seats next to us that lie empty more than they’re used.

Just seen this thread. Got email with ticket earlier and didn’t even think to check but it’s states on it turnstile numbers but absolutely no email from rangers saying that we have no access on Friday.

I know the club have been in a very difficult situation with Covid but they will be ripping the absolute p*** if they put up prices again next season after missing out on around 26 games now bcd over the last three season and games like Friday night if we don’t get access
We both know they have no shame. They are gradually forcing us out year by year until they get as much as they can from businesses etc who will hand the tickets out to clients

I hope these emails have RSVP or folk might be successful with zero intention of going to the game or go to game but not use the bar. There are 5 seats next to us that lie empty more than they’re used.
The fact that they need to have a ballot for VIP Hospitality is ample proof that the Club72 project was ill-conceived and based on a flawed business model. Bar72 worked well in the main because you were allocated a space based on your seat location. There were also many supporters who didn’t even use the Bar72 facilities. What we have now is money making scheme which is unable to cater for the paying customers, irrespective of Sturgeon’s rules. There is no longer an equal split of numbers between the bar/lounge which has ruined the atmosphere and caused the current problem, where depending on your success in a ballot, you either get what you are paying for or tough sh*t, we’ve got your money anyway. This is now the third occasion this season where this has happened, excluding the pre-season friendlies where they did make an effort to compensate customers. They now just expect us to accept that our VIP Hospitality offering is within their gift and not our right as paying customers. Sorry but it needs to be said because the entire operation is an amateurish shambles from home games to away match tickets.

Anyone know how many are being allowed into the bar?

Ie is it half?

I have 3 seats and have not had an email to say Im allowed into club72 area for friday, also never got bar access for livingston or into St Mirren game.

I must be really unlucky in all these ballots.

The fact that they need to have a ballot for VIP Hospitality is ample proof that the Club72 project was ill-conceived and based on a flawed business model. Bar72 worked well in the main because you were allocated a space based on your seat location. There were also many supporters who didn’t even use the Bar72 facilities. What we have now is money making scheme which is unable to cater for the paying customers, irrespective of Sturgeon’s rules. There is no longer an equal split of numbers between the bar/lounge which has ruined the atmosphere and caused the current problem, where depending on your success in a ballot, you either get what you are paying for or tough sh*t, we’ve got your money anyway. This is now the third occasion this season where this has happened, excluding the pre-season friendlies where they did make an effort to compensate customers. They now just expect us to accept that our VIP Hospitality offering is within their gift and not our right as paying customers. Sorry but it needs to be said because the entire operation is an amateurish shambles from home games to away match tickets.
Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I’ve complained in writing twice this season due to various issues (overall service & ticketing issues), I know others on here have done the same. It all feels a bit futile though.

Ie is it half?

I have 3 seats and have not had an email to say Im allowed into club72 area for friday, also never got bar access for livingston or into St Mirren game.

I’ve spoken to 4 different groups of folk today, about 12 guys in total, not one has had a bar access email. Wait, maybe they’ve still to come out :)) or am I delusional….

100% my thoughts exactly. We really should do something about this collectively, we’ve been shafted big time , price increases, no comp for missed games, welcome drink now turned into a half time scramble at the same time trying to find a pie if you stay for the full 45 mins. Ex players promised for Q&A, seen one all season. Rip off

Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. I’ve complained in writing twice this season due to various issues (overall service & ticketing issues), I know others on here have done the same. It all feels a bit futile though.
I’ve previously suggested that we organise a questionnaire for Club72 members to establish levels of satisfaction/dissatisfaction and to highlight the main areas of concern about the ‘match day experience’. Everything from Lounge Access to bar service and the complimentary drinks and pies which we pay for and may or may not get.

Mibby they are punting all the hospitality clients from the higher value suites into club 72???

Im joking....kinda:rolleyes:
Probably not far from the truth. Of everyone posting in this thread, not one person has had an email.

Last edited:
I’ve previously suggested that we organise a questionnaire for Club72 members to establish levels of satisfaction/dissatisfaction and to highlight the main areas of concern about the ‘match day experience’. Everything from Lounge Access to bar service and the complimentary drinks and pies which we pay for and may or may not get.
It’s a great idea. I would like a bit of transparency around future plans, rumours of another significant price hike next season. Will it just be like last season and the first we know about it is when it lands in our Inboxes? There are aspects of Club72 that are much improved (relating specifically to the Lounge) but there’s much, like the current situation, that leaves a lot to be desired.

When considering the cost has nearly doubled since the start of the pandemic from £1280 to £2335.
It without needs addressed by the club. The club without consultation rebranded it to a VIP Hospitality environment.
Although with respect, other than interior design, and the offering of some bespoke steak pies at half-time . There is little distinction from previous customer experience to a hospitality customer.
The average Bar 72 season book holder is being priced out of their loyalty , which was unconditional during the most challenging economic times in our clubs history.
The demographic of supporters in this area of stadium is not much different to the entirety of our support as a whole . We are working class. Whoever sets financial numbers for season books would do well to remember this.
There could be fanatical supporters unable to afford a renewal next year? The club need to ensure alternative season books that meet reasonable financial expectations for hardcore fans who bankrolled the club from the lower echelons of Scottish football.
I’m not naive to the fact, there isn’t space for other relocations. For this reason, the club need to reduce Club72 season book costs.
Rant over sorry

When considering the cost has nearly doubled since the start of the pandemic from £1280 to £2335.
It without needs addressed by the club. The club without consultation rebranded it to a VIP Hospitality environment.
Although with respect, other than interior design, and the offering of some bespoke steak pies at half-time . There is little distinction from previous customer experience to a hospitality customer.
The average Bar 72 season book holder is being priced out of their loyalty , which was unconditional during the most challenging economic times in our clubs history.
The demographic of supporters in this area of stadium is not much different to the entirety of our support as a whole . We are working class. Whoever sets financial numbers for season books would do well to remember this.
There could be fanatical supporters unable to afford a renewal next year? The club need to ensure alternative season books that meet reasonable financial expectations for hardcore fans who bankrolled the club from the lower echelons of Scottish football.
I’m not naive to the fact, there isn’t space for other relocations. For this reason, the club need to reduce Club72 season book costs.
Rant over sorry
It won’t happen mate, the best we can hope for is another 2 year deal which will bring the price down slightly. Rangers know there is demand for our seats which is why they are doing this and frankly couldn’t care less if any really decent fans leave

It’s not the clearest. My ticket still says enter Club 72 entrance, yet the top part states enter through turnstiles.

Many will think they have access when they don’t
Yes. Have reread the email and don’t know if I’ve access or not. Shambles

Yes. Have reread the email and don’t know if I’ve access or not. Shambles
And you were the only one on here who who thought that they had been given access. May be illustrative of the bigger problem we face, fairness and accountability. To date this season Hospitality have refused to reveal actual numbers for access to Club72 or away ticket allocations.

Despite moving seat due to the shitshow of 19/20/21 in there, B72 threads still manage to depress me.

MyGers, Away tickets, Castore, nothing compares to B72 for highlighting the utter contempt some of our supporters are shown by those in certain circles within the club.

And they read these threads, btw.
I was told that directly from a member of staff.

I did think it was general incompetence but it has gone way beyond that.
Remember the “dedicated account manager?”

The fans customers in there deserve far, far better.

Just checked Ticket Site. I can get a seat in the Sandy Jardine Rear, just a few rows behind my own seat for £12. Instead I’m paying best part of what £80 for same facilities, apart from some foam on the seat!
It’s fact like that that you need to put in writing to them. Shameless

Got to put that into context. Personally the main reason I’m in there is to have access to the bar hours before and after a game. 2 minutes to your seat without messing about with packed subways etc. Is that worth the money?

Got to put that into context. Personally the main reason I’m in there is to have access to the bar hours before and after a game. 2 minutes to your seat without messing about with packed subways etc. Is that worth the money?
If we get access to the Bar, yes. But main reason I’m still there is because I like my seat and the people who sit around me. But recent events make me question if it’s worth the money when Hospitality can ignore our rights as paying customers so readily and without recompense or any hint of apology.

I think it will be my last season in club72. I only make around 12 games a season due to work so I would be better off just going to proper hospitality when I want and just buy a cheap season ticket to get access to cups and away tickets.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was being unsuccessful in trying to get a brondby away ticket but was told I could get one if I paid over 2k for the official vip flight. Previously I had 10 travel club points and would have been guaranteed a ticket now I was paying a fortune and couldn’t get a ticket

Despite moving seat due to the shitshow of 19/20/21 in there, B72 threads still manage to depress me.

MyGers, Away tickets, Castore, nothing compares to B72 for highlighting the utter contempt some of our supporters are shown by those in certain circles within the club.

And they read these threads, btw.
I was told that directly from a member of staff.

I did think it was general incompetence but it has gone way beyond that.
Remember the “dedicated account manager?”

The fans customers in there deserve far, far better.
Same as yourself, I moved out of Bar72 as the club were totally ripping the piss. Still have a look at the Bar72 threads and can't believe the lack of genuine improvement given the massive price hikes. Folk that are still in there have my synpathy and I do hope the club get their act together and provide a service that they deserve for the money they are paying.

Wouldn't surprise me. Our tickets are for members lounge, we are in cooper on Friday. Will be knock on effect all round i guess
It’s paying for the ‘hospitality’ part that we wont receive that’s irking people most. £20 for a ticket in SJR, we are just expected to absorb the additional £59 our seats cost and accept it.
I’m still sitting in vain hope that emails have still to come out.

Until something is organised by the fans in bar72 nothing will change. It’s clear that there are many fans not happy based on this and previous threads. Even small things like enjoying your free beer before the game instead of gulping it down at half time(I know some fans don’t even go down) would be an improvement. When I raised this I was told it didn’t suit the company managing the bar. Is hospitality not designed to suit the client?

Until something is organised by the fans in bar72 nothing will change. It’s clear that there are many fans not happy based on this and previous threads. Even small things like enjoying your free beer before the game instead of gulping it down at half time(I know some fans don’t even go down) would be an improvement. When I raised this I was told it didn’t suit the company managing the bar. Is hospitality not designed to suit the client?

They only want to give you the pre-opened bottles. Had fun the other week when there was “no peroni left” despite a fridge full of it - pointed this out and the bar staff sheepishly handed me one from the fridge. Obviously being a VIP has certain privileges.

I've had an email confirming as well - says I have 2 spaces which I don't really understand as I have a stand alone season ticket

Ie is it half?

I have 2 seats mate and like you I have not got anything from any of the ballots. Poor IMO.

Just checked Ticket Site. I can get a seat in the Sandy Jardine Rear, just a few rows behind my own seat for £12. Instead I’m paying best part of what £80 for same facilities, apart from some foam on the seat!
100% I challenged the club on this previously regarding earlier games that I was unsuccessful in the ballot and was basically told tough! Really not good enough.

Back