Classic kits of 1990-92

Didn't mind the home one too much but wasn't a fan of the Admiral kits. Decent trackie though iirc.

Very much of the time with the away strip. We did seem to wear it a lot with Falkirk, St Johnstone in the league over that time.

After a bumpy start with the home strip (I didn’t like the new badge that appeared), I grew to love it with its woodchip.

Much preferred the away strip to the home strip, the home strip had a 'paper' feel to it. I did like the collar on the home strip. Anyway this preceded the best strips and gear in general we ever had, I loved adidas.

Admiral were ditched due to the poor standard of merchandise. Rangers tore up the contract and Adidas stepped in.
Castore should take note

I obviouslywasn’t a fan of that kit as i never bought and i bought every kit back then, the tree bark home kit was ok but i wasn’t a fan of the tiny badge

I remember the day the home kit was released, I was in Thurso and there was a crowd round the sports shop window admiring it.

Had the Admiral away kit, loved it and it's probably still one of my top 5 favourite away kits. Even though the sponsor logo came unstuck - stuff like that never bothered me when I was a kid (10-11 at that time).

Weird thing I've realized over the last few years is that as I was growing up I always thought of the Admiral era as an aberration and a bit of an embarrassment. Our deals with Adidas and Nike were certainly more glamorous and more fitting a club of our stature, and led to some better kits. But when I look back I really like all the Admiral gear. I guess part of that is that it's associated with a time in my life when I was just getting into football in a big way. It was also such a special period when we were shifting gears and starting to leave Scottish football behind, with so many iconic moments like the last day title win in 1991 and the Scottish Cup semi v them in 92. But I do think they were good, elegant designs too.

Because Sooonnnessss helped design them I felt like I was forced to like the admiral kits. But I didn't and they were rotten in quality. Had home, away and the trackie. Delighted when we moved to adidas then Nike.

Preferred when you had only 1 strip change per season, home or away and then the opposite the following year (except when changing manufacturers).

I get that a huge source of income is the strips, but the excitement over the new kit has died for me. Every year 3-4 strips are released where in the past you had 1 which made it more of a unique event.

Old(ish) bassa loyal!!

Just remember them being particularly bobbly!

There was a leisure type shirt as well, blue with red arrows and a button down collar from recollection.

Preferred when you had only 1 strip change per season, home or away and then the opposite the following year (except when changing manufacturers).

I get that a huge source of income is the strips, but the excitement over the new kit has died for me. Every year 3-4 strips are released where in the past you had 1 which made it more of a unique event.

Old(ish) bassa loyal!!
Yeah and kids got them for Christmas or Birthdays only

I really liked the Admiral home and away I also had the shell suit and a training top and the bench jacket I can remember the stud buttons pining off. Good times ha.

Back