Now that dust has settled on Tuesdays result

When we were young

We didn’t play well on Tuesday, whilst not happy at a draw we’ll take it under the circumstances – Clancy etc.

But let’s have a bit of perspective.

League results since Gio has taken over from 28th Nov.

Played 8 , won 7 drawn 1.

Goals for 15 against 2( only 1 from open play)

Who on here wouldn’t have taken this after the League cup debacle against Hibs?

The scum have the more difficult away fixtures to come, both us and them will drop points before the end of the season.

We will prevail, 56 will come to us, we have the best squad in the league.

Patience bears.

It was a poor performance looked kinda rusty as before the momentum was with us but hopefully that has blown the cobwebs away and move on, my only concern is how many stupid yellow cards are we going to pick up that leads to suspensions because other night was shocking we miss kent for next league game when none of them were bookings, and if you look at the booking was all key players which was a coincidence

Dust has settled but we were still a shambles
Shambles is a hell of an over reaction.

We weren't going of enough Tuesday, that's obvious and needs addressed.

But a team in shambles isn't one who has had 8 wins and 2 draws under their new manager (especially when they're draws were away to Lyon and a team who always come out firing against us and arguably give us our hardest game outwith celtic), and are sitting 4 point clear at the top.

There was a lot of factors at play on Tuesday, and it doesn't excuse the performance, but it's GVbs first bad result in charge. I've no doubt we'll bounce back and by the end of the old firm be at least 7 ahead.

It is what it is. We will likely drop more points as the season goes on and so will they. But I do have some creeping concerns about the way we have been setting up in these tough away games - personally don't think it will won't work long term. We have been lucky against Hearts and Aberdeen.

That Sky Sports and rest of media only thought first penalty incident and Brown goading a player leaving the field worthy of further comment.

Obviously not a shambles, but I don't think it's hysterical to say we need more pace from the midfield. I would go as far as to say we have a lot of slow players and it's an area that could be addressed.

Hopefully that's a calm enough response.

We didn’t play well on Tuesday, whilst not happy at a draw we’ll take it under the circumstances – Clancy etc.

But let’s have a bit of perspective.

League results since Gio has taken over from 28th Nov.

Played 8 , won 7 drawn 1.

Goals for 15 against 2( only 1 from open play)

Who on here wouldn’t have taken this after the League cup debacle against Hibs?

The scum have the more difficult away fixtures to come, both us and them will drop points before the end of the season.

We will prevail, 56 will come to us, we have the best squad in the league.

Patience bears.
The voice of reason.

And @AdiGaz behave ffs.

Don’t agree we were a shambles. We were playing against 12 men and there’s no doubt you won’t see the same level effort from Aberdeen again until they play us again. That said Kent got sucked in by Brown, by making the challenge he did whilst on already on a yellow, a challenge which wasn’t anything really malicious but he gave brown the opportunity to make a a meal of it. And Clancy was more than happy to reach for the red. But it was clear Clancy was going to do that throughout the game. I guess what I am getting at is Kent should of been abit more game savvy.

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the interviews Rangers put out in the days building up to the game with the management team. Gio, Vos and Roy all saying how good it has been to spend time
On the training pitch instilling their game plan and tactics to the players. And how positive it would be. And the performance didn’t match the comments made. I was expecting a better performance.

Money needs spent in forward areas I think we would all agree

I love how so many on here seem to overlook our injury list. Yes, we were poor, no excuses, but please remember there are other factors that come into play.
From before the winter break, I can only see Arfield, Aribo and Davis missing. Davis didn’t feature in the 3 games prior to the break due to Covid so that brings us down to 2.

Helander etc are all long term injuries.

Our 11 was more than capable of beating a sheep team consisting of washed up Brown, Bates and McCrorie deemed not good enough for us countless years ago, guys like Jonny Hayes

It was a shocking night at the office for us and a night our management team got the tactics and gameplan spectacularly wrong

Very poor performance but a point is not the worst outcome considering we have taken 7 points from 9 against Hibs, hearts and aberdeen away.

The key thing is that needs to be a one off poor performance. That level of performance gets us nowhere going forward

Minimum draw against them and no points dropped before and everybody would have snapped hand off for that

Doesn’t make the other night less frustrating.

We would have came out this period visiting all the hardest away grounds so more favourable next round

Yeah we will drop points but my main concern is the way GVB seems to want us to play, sit in and hit on the break. We are Rangers we should be going to any ground in Scotland and playing on the front foot because we have better players. 60/40 possesion against an average Aberdeen team is not good enough and it's because of our tactics. The few times Kent did get the ball wide he was totally isolated, no Borna overlapping so they just doubled up on him. Alfie was trying to press but again without any support so it was easy for them to pass it around. We cant go to the piggery and play like that.

Yes, we were poor, but we all know we'd be singing the praises how we know how to win the close games, even if we played like crap, and Gio's keep the zero strategy paid off once again...

If only the ball didn't hit Alfie's arm.

I still believe we are a far better team than them and it will show in the coming months.

Slightly concerning as we knew exactly how Aberdeen would set up, it was going to be a battle and we weren’t really prepared for it, it wouldn’t have been a surprise truth be told if Aberdeen had sneaked the win.

That said, it’s far from a catastrophe, we are motoring along nicely under Gio, the game at the Piggery really is going to be do or die, they are absolutely super confident of beating us, just hope we are more prepared than what we were for Pittodries trip.

Think we should play our strongest team on Friday night to make sure we get the team up and running for the games coming up.

The board shouldn't let the dust settle and should be going after Clancy and seeking retrospective action against a few of the sheep's players along with any appeal needed or at least a damning statement regarding the incidents and Clancy decisions!
Yes let’s release a “damning statement “ that will make the world of difference!

The performance throughout the 90 minutes was not acceptable. Second to everything and when you play an opponent that is up for it then you have to match them. Not a bit of cohesion or guile in the entire match from us.

I remember trips to Pittodrie going like that several times in the 00's, whether we like it or not it's a grudge/derby match and a cup final for them.

Coming back down the road with a point is not the end of the world, if it was a Ross County/bottom 6 team then aye we have a problem.

Our record against the sheep in recent years has not been good and that continues to be the case. Looking back to when we were set for a run of tough away games, hibs,hearts etc ending with the tims, most would have accepted the tawdry pit as the one of the likeliest places to drop points. Doesn't make it any easier to sit and watch it unfold mind you, that fixture is not one you can get away with playing half-arsed.

Given the history with this fixture -
I always feel that almost anything can happen

If you add Clancy's ridiculous performance & broonaldo's ability to cause trouble on an empty pitch - leaving with a point could easily have been a lot worse

Regrettably - we never performed to anything like our capabilities- & handed them their point
& Once again we get unwarranted cards / suspensions- while they get away with murder

Would love to see us move for a big centre forward a good target man before the window closes I believe we are missing someone who can hold up the ball and knock lumps out of there back four am old school can’t see the point in having two wingers and nothing in the middle Marelos has been fine in season gone but I still confident 56 is on its way

We all knew the Aberdeen away game was going to be tough and throw in cheat Clancy, there was always a chance we could lose pts.
There are 17 games to go and we are 4 pts in front and still to play them 3 times, they will lose more pts.
Take the point dust ourselves down and go again.

My main concerns - despite all the noise around injuries etc - are firstly that we knew what we would be facing at Aberdeen, but didn’t seem up for it, regardless of who was playing; and secondly that the overall performance was too reminiscent of Hampden for me, suggesting we still have that type of game in us. We need to ensure it doesn’t happen again as I think the margin for error will be right this year.

Reminded me a bit of the 0-0 draw at livi away last season. Seemed like a disaster at the time but ultimately we kicked on.

Poor performance by all means, but we had big players missing, lightest our bench has been in a good while, combined with an absolute trumpet of a ref.

Yes let’s release a “damning statement “ that will make the world of difference!
A public damning statement from the board can provoke a reaction from the powers that be but I suppose lying down getting your belly tickled does more?

It is what it is. We will likely drop more points as the season goes on and so will they. But I do have some creeping concerns about the way we have been setting up in these tough away games - personally don't think it will won't work long term. We have been lucky against Hearts and Aberdeen.
To say we were lucky v Hearts is horseshit

We only sat in after we established what proved to be an unasailable early lead.

Its a poor example of the point you are trying to make

It wasn't just the result that rankles. Even with key players missing and up against the most bias ref in the country, that performance was not acceptable. Too many players either not producing or simply allowing themselves to be dragged down to sheep level. On a night when we demanded more, they let themselves down and there's no getting away from that.

We were poor on Tuesday night. There is no hiding from that. We had very few moments that showed we have better players. A great cross from Kent, and good movement from Hagi. Other than that the only thing I remember is an excellent effort from Morelos. I may be missing some.

This is not good enough. In a similar game against Hearts, the general game play was similar but we showed our higher quality on many occasions throughout the game, and that made the difference. Excellent passing from Goldson. Great runs and touches from Aribo in dangerous positions. Sakala constantly beating his man. Great link up from Alfie. And even more. But these moments of displaying our higher quality were absent against Aberdeen.

We need our players to step up and be game changers. We can't have games where too many of our players are absent.

Other than that, it wasn't the worst result.

The performance throughout the 90 minutes was not acceptable. Second to everything and when you play an opponent that is up for it then you have to match them. Not a bit of cohesion or guile in the entire match from us.

But but but we're 4 points ahead so its all good.

Back