Glen Kamara to be cross-examined by Kudela’s lawyers in April at CAS

OzzyGersman

This was reported yesterday but I’ve only just read the reports. In the Rhecord and other rhags so not going to post a link.

The hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport has been delayed until April so that our Glen can appear in person.

I suppose this is fair due process judicially, but what a terrible situation for Kamara. Having to relive this disgraceful night all over again. With our Rangers hats on, a very unwelcome distraction for a key player at a time when we have pivotal league fixtures.

Hopefully the club can support him as best we can mentally and legally at this time.

%^*& Kudela and Slavia Prague.

KKKudela apologised did he not? Why would an innocent man apologise for something he never said?

If he's found guilty again, which he should be, he should be kicked out of football.
He apologised, but denied the claim he made racist remarks.

He's playing the long game and his lawyer is doing what's open to him.

Wonder if this was on his mind Tuesday night, he certainly wasnt himself. Hopefully kudela has the book thrown at him in may, knowing uefa though i wont count on it

Can kudela get punished further depending on the outcome? My understanding is this is just his attempt to try and clear his name or has he not served his full ban yet?

Would understand if Kamara did not see the point in attending

I doubt he'll be overly worried about it.

"Cross-examined" is probably beefing it up a little - He will be asked to confirm his version of events.

Kamara should do it imo. If he doesn't show up then Kudela's lawyer can probably get the case thrown out.

I thought that Kudela was the subject of a criminal inquiry in Scotland?
Surely this is a more supreme legal matter than the less relevant non criminal sporting authority?
Until Kudela attends Scotland to answer this allegation, surely any other process carries a flawed legal merit?
What am I missing here.

I thought that Kudela was the subject of a criminal inquiry in Scotland?
Surely this is a more supreme legal matter than the less relevant non criminal sporting authority?
Until Kudela attends Scotland to answer this allegation, surely any other process carries a flawed legal merit?
What am I missing here.
I think that would be a civil case, this is to get the UEFA ruling over thrown.

Shouldn't the scottish government be supporting our player? Using all their resources? Oh, wait..........................

Disgusting for Kamara the whole thing but if the czechs werent a nation of horrible racist cunts we wouldnt be here

Shouldn't the scottish government be supporting our player? Using all their resources? Oh, wait..........................
They are phoneys . They should have brought the Law against this piece of crap and had him apprehended to answer to this on his subsequent visit to Uk

In hindsight we should have walked off the pitch. Gerrard asked Glen at the time but his head was gone, he said he would have done so if he was thinking straight.

Whole team should have walked off.
Imo your right but also SG should have made that decision he left the pressure with the victim and at that point that’s just too much and unreasonable .

Wouldn’t the proper solution have been Uefa officials have all the guidance on how to handle there matters and they should have abandoned that match . That to me makes sense with all there any-racism fanfares .

That might work in our favour. PR FC wouldn’t want to be seen siding with racists.
If PR FC's PR is focussed on their own fans' reactions, then I'd say there is a chance he will side with the racists for the kudos his own fans will give him for his 'get it up ran h*ns' stance.

I think that would be a civil case, this is to get the UEFA ruling over thrown.
No, it is a criminal case.
How can a man who fails to answer a criminal case in another UEFA country then contest the matter under another lesser jurisdiction, and be allowed to compel the apparent victim of the original allegation, to be put through a process when he the victim has never had any justice?

I’m sure the Scottish police have an investigation open and Kudela is a suspect to be interviewed. I’m sure the police took statements from Kamara, Zungu and even Gerrard. They could deem they already have sufficiency of evidence already and progress it but not sure how it works without Kudela being in Scotland and never likely to be again.

It’s not serious enough for extradition etc so the police will just need to wait and see if he comes back into their jurisdiction I imagine.

This will probably bring the usual anti-police jokes.

I’m sure the Scottish police have an investigation open and Kudela is a suspect to be interviewed. I’m sure the police took statements from Kamara, Zungu and even Gerrard. They could deem they already have sufficiency of evidence already and progress it but not sure how it works without Kudela being in Scotland and never likely to be again.

It’s not serious enough for extradition etc so the police will just need to wait and see if he comes back into their jurisdiction I imagine.

This will probably bring the usual anti-police jokes.
Yes bud thanks for the background it sounds right but Why didn’t they collect him from a friendly jurisdiction on the uk when he was in Wales - that’s not an extradition move is it

Yes bud thanks for the background it sounds right but Why didn’t they collect him from a friendly jurisdiction on the uk when he was in Wales - that’s not an extradition move is it
There was sufficient evidence to put before a magistrate and obtain a warrant for Kudela's arrest.
This warrant would carry authority throughout the UK.
Not enforcing this when Kudela visited Wales was a missed opportunity, probably because the police in Scotland are not worth a light.

That said, the fact that this matter has never been resolved properly should totally undermine any other process that deems to compel the victim to undergo a judicial hearing.
Kudela should be told by the CAS that he should clear his name in a criminal court where the matter actually took place before seeking further arbitration elsewhere.
Surely?

It's only a matter of time until that horrible scumbag is exonerated imo.

What a disgusting football club they are. From the players to the manager to the President. Everyone.

Back