Alex Lowry

Watched him all season, his talent is there for all to see and I was delighted he got his chance tonight through a bit of luck.

Hard work starts now though, he has all the talent in the world but that’s not all that you need to make it, needs to work hard and a bit of luck as we’ve seen countless youngsters have great debuts.

I actually felt he was pretty quiet second half, but it’s a dream debut and he showed his ability.

Buzzing for him.

Yep, we've come out the ground saying the same.

He's the most talented youth player on our books by a distance and if he applies himself, then it's all there for him.

I agree he dripped out it in the 2nd half, but that was understandable.

A very special night for him and well deserved.

There are certainly similarities in his and Gilmours playing styles. Both seem to glide and find space so effortlessly, great touch and awareness.

Brilliant debut and a big talent.

I liked the fact he was only on a few minutes and he was telling senior players where to play a pass etc

Easy for him to focus on his own game and just stay quiet but I thought he showed real confidence with his attitude tonight.

As much as fans go overboard with criticism, we also sometimes go overboard with praise.

The boy played well enough against Stirling Albion tonight but you're not in the Rangers first team to progress your development - you're there to do a man's job.

Good decision to throw him on, a door needs to be kept open for our young players after the departure of Patterson. Looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to the dance.

It’s the first time I’ve seen him and I very much liked what I saw.

There’s nothing more exciting for me than a young Rangers player coming through the ranks and establishing himself as a first team regular.

Let’s hope Lowry is the next in that long and illustrious line.

Thought Bacuna played well myself. Great pass for Fashion’s goal.

Lowry was excellent though. Brilliant to see.

Other than that sloppy back pass he was composed and tried to keep the ball moving.

Feel for him a wee bit, scored a double against County in Gerrard's last game and hasn't been seen since. Two assists tonight should see him get more chances.

Cracking debut. I think when we are on running full tilt we should be bringing on players like Lowry more often. Fair enough he came on tonight due to injury but he done brilliant when he was called upon out the Blue.

Great to see the young lads introduced. And they looked comfortable too. Hopefully we can continue to give them more exposure as the season progresses.

The old adage that "if they're good enough they're old enough" applies in Lowry's case imo. I don't want us to push the lad on too quickly but Gio should have no hesitation about bringing him into the first team squad as a genuine contender for a starting place.

A tremendous prospect who reminds me of Jim Baxter in the way he makes himself available for the ball, the way he drifts past opponents and his vision. OK it was just Stirling Albion and he has some way to go before he hits that standard but the basics are there.

Really good to see the youth in the team tonight. Lowry looks to be progressing really well. I just hope he has the drive and determination to match his skill. Too many young players think it's job done once they are in the first team scene. Promising debut.

Definitely worth game time against Livi noticed Kevin Thomson say he can play deeper also could be an option as a creative player from a deeper position refreshing to have a midfielder that moves into space to receive after he makes the pass

Class performance. He was always looking for the ball and always moving into space when he didn’t have it. A lot more to come from this young man.

Back