Alex Lowry

Watched him all season, his talent is there for all to see and I was delighted he got his chance tonight through a bit of luck.

Hard work starts now though, he has all the talent in the world but that’s not all that you need to make it, needs to work hard and a bit of luck as we’ve seen countless youngsters have great debuts.

I actually felt he was pretty quiet second half, but it’s a dream debut and he showed his ability.

Buzzing for him.
Totally agree EB and , he is type of player who will certainly draw fouls around the box as well, but young man was excellent tonight and thought his interview was brilliant after game

Had a great debut and scored an exceptionally good goal.
He plays with his head up, reading how situations develop, and makes his moves accordingly. The mark of a player. That´s why he so easily slotted the ball home as he wrongfooted the goalie.

Cannot describe how buzzing I am for him. So excited that he’s finally getting his chance, will be the next big youth graduate for Rangers if he keeps working hard. There hasn’t been a more naturally technically gifted midfielder in the academy for years and years.

Young man did himself proud. Scottish national team will be fairly good in a few years. Heard it here 1st

Reactions: wpj
I'd have him take Hagi's spot in the squad right now.

Let's keep it real mate.

He did brilliantly for his debut and we're all delighted for him, but it was against part time opposition and he dropped out the game a fair bit in the 2nd half.

Gio has just said he's still got a lot to learn.

Let him develop at the right pace and fulfill his outstanding potential.
He deserves to enjoy a special night, without unrealistic claims and demands being put on him.

Exciting player. Probably best we manage our expectations a wee bit. Delighted for him. Some finish too.

The most impressive thing about him is his touch and composure on the ball. He looks like he's ready for first team football. I'd have him working with the first team moving forward.
He's definitely a first team player for me now. Not necessarily starting every game but if Hagi is out and obviously Aribo is still away, I wouldn't be worried to see him starting in that role in the next few weeks

I hope we have him signed up long term . I thought he was fantastic and not scared to have a shot at goals and always looking for the ball. Well done Alex Lowry on a excellent debut and goal .

Last edited:
As much as fans go overboard with criticism, we also sometimes go overboard with praise.

The boy played well enough against Stirling Albion tonight but you're not in the Rangers first team to progress your development - you're there to do a man's job.

He done a mans job he opened the scoring. Not as if he tucked one away when there was no pressure.

He is not starting week in for us, he will get game time, especially with 5 subs, I reckon he will be with the first team proper next season.

As said on match thread, was good to see him get his chance, looks a good prospect, and being around man group for training seems to be paying off. Learning from others and watching likes of Hagi, I can see him being better than him in time.

Let's not get carried away, but I'm really hoping we are beginning to see something happening with our youth.

I've always wanted to see this and it should have been happening a long time ago. When we were going through the misery of the early 80's it was frustrating to see players come through at aberdeen and dundee utd.

Good luck to the youngster and let's encourage him when he appears again.

Wait till you see his vision, he played well tonight but has levels above that performance.

I watched him for most of the night ,he was constantly drifting into little pockets of space making himself avaliable and generally trying to be in right place at right time, he can play first time pass and can break the lines without looking rushed or pressured.
Was equally impressed and drunk,which is some achievement for the young man.

Looks like he could be very special.
Great touch , great awareness and hungry for the ball .
Long way to go but bags of potential.

Seen him at a few B team games as well as tonight and has always looked very good

Hopefully he’s in and around the first team squad now moving forward. Boy plays like a midfielder a lot older than he is. Sign of a good midfielder is how much they Scan the pitch about them before they get the ball and he does it a hell of a lot. His movement was lovely as well, constantly on the move.

I'm glad he didn't come across as trying too hard.

Very calm and relaxed, never once let the moment get to him. Played his game and actually kept it a lot simpler at times than he is capable of. Good performance to build on.

That finish is tremendous btw. Stepping on to it and wrong footed the keeper. Brilliant.

Back