Hagi

Andrew10

Not seen a thread, apparently left in crutches tonight. Potentially leaves us seriously short for Livingston, Ross County and the Beggars. Morelos away after Livingston on international.
Kent suspended for livingston.
Aribo out for all 3 depending how Nigeria get on.
Hagi out for who knows.
Roofe called up for Jamaica?

Simply need to sign someone now. Their is a clear business and operational need to spend millions on a RW option.

When Kent returns from suspension, we are still ok with wide options with Kent and Sakala starting.

It’s the creativity in the middle that is lacking with Aribo and Hagi out. Bacuna or Lowry should get a shot in that number 10 role. Maybe even Arfield when he’s back because he did it brilliantly when he played behind Defoe a few years back.

Shame for him but he’s been poor for weeks. Hopefully gets us moving in the window and we sign some quality and if not, hopefully improves us with the forced change on GVB.

Regardless, hopefully it’s not too serious.

It might be the best thing for us if we sign someone of quality as strange as that sounds, trying to find some sort of positive in our horrific luck

Some fanny on the match thread was having a pop at me earlier because I said it didn’t look a good situation for Iannis.

Lowry showed promise tonight. Giving credence to the old adage that if you are good enough you are old enough. IF Hagi is out for a while then hopefully he grabs his chance. However id prefer if the crutches thing is precautionary. We can afford to miss him against Livi and RC imo but need him available v scum.

I would like to see scott wright in the 10 role
No chance mate. His attribute is running at pace. His decision making is appalling right now and the thing that is preventing him from becoming a guaranteed starter. He doesn’t have the vision and composure to play the central number 10 role.

In the absence of Hagi and Aribo, Bacuna and Lowry are far better options for the number 10 role. Perhaps even Arfield.

Certainly not myself. I actually think Hagi is a real talent, just doesn’t always reach his potential, If he’s out, I’d give the boy Lowry a shot.

I think it's a bit too early for Lowry to be starting a number of games, but off the bench he'll get chances.

Aribo away and Hagi injured - I'm hoping Bacuna steps up in the short term. I know most won't rate him, and it's hope more than expectation from me.

Roofe may very well have a chance of starting in there just now.

No chance mate. His attribute is running at pace. His decision making is appalling right now and the thing that is preventing him from becoming a guaranteed starter. He doesn’t have the vision and composure to play the central number 10 role.

In the absence of Hagi and Aribo, Bacuna and Lowry are far better options for the number 10 role. Perhaps even Arfield.
It is all about opinions and i do respect everyones. but if I was a central defender and if he was coming through at them with pace, one thing defenders do not like is someone running at them at pace, that's why the diver from the east gets a lot of his success from, if you have 2 wide men occupying the full backs a pacey 10 could cause havoc imagine pace against arsefelt many a foul around the box if not in the box, just my opinion

I Saw Hagi make that challenge and I immediately knew it would be a difficult one.
It reminded me of Tavs against Antwerp.
These injuries can often be time-draining.
I hope Ianis gets back quickly and this isn't the case, but I fear it will be a good few weeks or months.

I think it's a bit too early for Lowry to be starting a number of games, but off the bench he'll get chances.

Aribo away and Hagi injured - I'm hoping Bacuna steps up in the short term. I know most won't rate him, and it's hope more than expectation from me.

Roofe may very well have a chance of starting in there just now.
Would you not give him a bash in the Livingston home game if Hagi is unavailable?

Bacuna didn’t do it for me tonight, would that be any different with him in amongst “first team” rather than fringe players? I do like Bacuna but I’m not sure he’ll ever be anything more than a squad player.

Hopefully Hagi can recover, but I have to say I doubt it looked like a “come off but start the next game” one

It is all about opinions and i do respect everyones. but if I was a central defender and if he was coming through at them with pace, one thing defenders do not like is someone running at them at pace, that's why the diver from the east gets a lot of his success from, if you have 2 wide men occupying the full backs a pacey 10 could cause havoc imagine pace against arsefelt many a foul around the box if not in the box, just my opinion
Some posters suggested playing Kent in the “Aribo role” and it’s not a bad shout because his passing, vision and long range shooting is better than Wright’s. For me Wright has not lived up to expectations this season and really isn’t much more than an impact sub when we can do with an injection of pace.

Putting it out there now, if we don't make one or two signings (creative midfielder and right winger) we won't win the league.

We laughed at Celtic for their complacency over the last few years. We're in danger of doing the same.

Some posters suggested playing Kent in the “Aribo role” and it’s not a bad shout because his passing, vision and long range shooting is better than Wright’s. For me Wright has not lived up to expectations this season and really isn’t much more than an impact sub when we can do with an injection of pace.
I do not think wright is a bad player the boy does have ability its just like the the other players who get hammered on here but game time is crucial as well as confidence I think if he had a run like many we would see a different player, personally i would want kent out wide left more dangerous out there occupying full back and creating space, cos when he is out there tends to attract 2 defenders

Would you not give him a bash in the Livingston home game if Hagi is unavailable?

Bacuna didn’t do it for me tonight, would that be any different with him in amongst “first team” rather than fringe players? I do like Bacuna but I’m not sure he’ll ever be anything more than a squad player.

Hopefully Hagi can recover, but I have to say I doubt it looked like a “come off but start the next game” one

I thought Bacuna started poorly and improved a fair bit as the game went on. Maybe not a surprise given the lack of recent game time.

I saw a few things tonight with Lowry that make me think it would be a little early to start him in games if he's playing in that creative midfielder role. He's an exciting talent, absolutely, but right now I think he'll be somewhat protected in the short term, just while he develops physically etc.

I expect he'll get some appearances from the bench though.

Putting it out there now, if we don't make one or two signings (creative midfielder and right winger) we won't win the league.

We laughed at Celtic for their complacency over the last few years. We're in danger of doing the same.
I'd be putting up half of what we banked to try to secure the 40 at the end of the season. This year is too big to f about.

Lowry looks to have all the tools but physically it might be a stretch. Might be.

I think he has to be training with the first team squad now to test him and improve his strength.

Back