Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bow to those who have eyes on la liga but a player I’ve liked who is OoC in summer is Daniel Wass of Valencia a good all rounder MF . He does turn 33 in Spring but he’s an international player with Denmark .
Anyone know much about him and likelihood of us getting him albeit he’s senior he is also at high level

Get the wallet out and get Skov Olsen signed. He's exactly what we need and would thrive at Rangers.
Completely disagree

Having seen him a few times now, he doesn’t appear to have pace or a quick burst of pace.

I reckon he’d end up similar to our views in Hagi in that he’s not the quickest and could be inconsistent.

The way we play with 2 wide wingers, IMO they have to be quick.

Personally I want a right winger brought in similar to Kent - quick and skilful

Saw that and immediately thought he knows something
I doubt he knows anything, although he is right. Since Warburton came in I've said we need a good mf who can take the ball up the park and ideally take a dig when needed. We have never got that kind in. I'm looking for an Albertz type, or GIO or Reyna. A lot to ask for that kind of calibre but there must be some kind of equivalent out there. Lundstram was one I was gold out hope for in that sense, and to a degree, still do. He's still our player and I think he could be that type of player. I think he's still not sure himself though what type of player to be. He does look like he can strike a ball though

Been told Barker is going nowhere due to no one wanting him. Even Oxford who took him last year don’t want him back.
Thing I don't get with Barker is, he didn't even look to try and impress last night. Plays safe passes constantly, if you want to force your way into the team surely you should be trying to take players on, even against Stirling Albion, in fact, especially against that calibre of opposition. Bizarre

Thing I don't get with Barker is, he didn't even look to try and impress last night. Plays safe passes constantly, if you want to force your way into the team surely you should be trying to take players on, even against Stirling Albion, in fact, especially against that calibre of opposition. Bizarre
Mentally weak and lazy. The reason that, despite his ability (which is there), hes never cut it anywhere and never ever will.

Hes also not going to get his Rangers wages anywhere else so wont want to leave and nobody will match his contract so unless Rangers either pay him off or pay someone to take him hes stuck then leaving on a free. Atrocious business by Rangers and this kind of player should not be bought again as its a repeat mistake which has figuratively and literally cost us too much over recent years.

Its so clear what we need.

2 postions need filled

My concern is we need these players to be a certain level which costs alot of £. January a hard month to get the players we need too. I really hope we don't get 1 or 2 more squad fillers
Agree. If we can’t get 2 first team starters this month then we shouldn’t bother doing anything, squad fillers should be coming from the youth setup, not overpaid average footballers from down south

Bow to those who have eyes on la liga but a player I’ve liked who is OoC in summer is Daniel Wass of Valencia a good all rounder MF . He does turn 33 in Spring but he’s an international player with Denmark .
Anyone know much about him and likelihood of us getting him albeit he’s senior he is also at high level

Apparently Daniel Wass is on his way to Atletico Madrid, reported yesterday with Mingueza of Barcelona going to Valencia on loan to cover for his move

For me wide right is still an issue for us. Wright is good, but we need better quality IMO.

I agree but in the absence of a new right winger, I’d play Sakala wide right. He’s a more productive option than Wright in my opinion, deserves a starting place.

I‘d prioritise a central midfielder personally, we can’t rely on Davis or Jack for much longer, if at all given age/injuries and Lundstram shows flashes of decency but I remain unsure as to whether he can step up and claim a place. I think we need our scouts to find us a Barry Ferguson type midfielder, don’t ask me who though!

I agree with Kevin Thomson, we have plenty of centre mids who are technical and nice on the ball etc but we need someone in there with a bit of steel, presence, authority, guts and the ability to drive the team forward and almost intimidate the opposition. That’s what I reckon he means.

The majority of people, supporters and ex players can see we need a bit of quality/freshen up. Let’s get it done.
This! Only thing I can I think of is the right person isn’t available so we’ll be going with what we have and we’ll wait to the summer. Bit of a dangerous game right enough as a couple of quality signings would help us kick on and win the league. Do nothing and it’ll be close as the scum have improved.

I honestly don't think we need too much activity.
But we should always look to strengthen.

I would love to see a right winger, who can be a goal threat. We need more goals from these areas. I actually think Sakala could be that option. He played well there against Hearts.
Regardless, I do think we are light in numbers in our wide players. We need replacements of a high quality to come off the bench when someone is having an off day. Also, we just need more quality to push them all for a start every week.

I also think a starting centre back would be a good signing. I think with Helander injured we are a bit light. And with the likelihood of Goldson and Balogun leaving in the summer it would also not bloat us in that position for too long should everyone stay fit.

This! Only thing I can I think of is the right person isn’t available so we’ll be going with what we have and we’ll wait to the summer. Bit of a dangerous game right enough as a couple of quality signings would help us kick on and win the league. Do nothing and it’ll be close as the scum have improved.

It’s okay, we’ve already had some on here playing down the importance of the Champions League.

If Hagi is out, we definitely need to do something. You can’t rely on players like Bacuna or Wright and as good as Lowry was last night, there is a big difference between Stirling Albion at Ibrox and the likes of Ross County away, Hibs at Ibrox etc.

Any word about Hagi’s injury? If it’s serious we really need to go and get a winger. Kent can play as a 10 until Aribo gets back.
Gio said it is calf issue and we will find out more today. Hopefully a good chance it is just a knock and he will be back soon

I agree with Kevin Thomson, we have plenty of centre mids who are technical and nice on the ball etc but we need someone in there with a bit of steel, presence, authority, guts and the ability to drive the team forward and almost intimidate the opposition. That’s what I reckon he memeans.
Also someone who is going to get in the face of refs and not allow them to let someone like brown puppeteer them.

I honestly don't think we need too much activity.
But we should always look to strengthen.

I would love to see a right winger, who can be a goal threat. We need more goals from these areas. I actually think Sakala could be that option. He played well there against Hearts.
Regardless, I do think we are light in numbers in our wide players. We need replacements of a high quality to come off the bench when someone is having an off day. Also, we just need more quality to push them all for a start every week.

I also think a starting centre back would be a good signing. I think with Helander injured we are a bit light. And with the likelihood of Goldson and Balogun leaving in the summer it would also not bloat us in that position for too long should everyone stay fit.
From what I've seen I think Sakala looks better on the right flank rather than left allows him to be a lot more direct instead of cutting in all the time

Completely disagree

Having seen him a few times now, he doesn’t appear to have pace or a quick burst of pace.

I reckon he’d end up similar to our views in Hagi in that he’s not the quickest and could be inconsistent.

I agree looks ok but nowhere near worth 5m

Completely disagree

I agree with the pace point- however not always necessary when teams are sitting in against us at Ibrox and the lower and teams away from home.

If Souttar comes in now for me it means someone is away, most likely Barisic after the rumoured interest from Roma, Villa and Watford. There’s no point in having Goldson, Balogun, Bassey, Helander and King along with Souttar all to play at CB.

We are missing something just now and I don’t know whether it’s quality, pace or leadership in the middle of the park. I’d love for Lundstram to step it up second half of the season but time will tell. I would love it if Sakala got 15 goals this second half of the season and I would love it if one of Wright or Hagi also stepped up and became a dominant 1st teamer. I don’t expect any of them to happen which says a lot.

Can't imagine Hearts left Souttar out of the squad to do Rangers or the player any favours so this is either an invitation to Rangers to get a bid in now knowing that he can play in the SC or at the very least informal talks might be taking place.

Key thing for me is we don’t agree to any sell on percentages. We have all the power in the negotiations so stick to our guns and if he only joins in the summer for free and no add ons that is fine

Goldson has really upped his game in the past few months after a indifferent start to the season. He does know he is almost guaranteed to start every game though, Souttar coming in would help keep him on his toes until the inevitable happens in the summer.

I wonder is that what Goldson was moved to the left side.

Won’t go down well on here but it seems crazy to move Goldson he’s been our second best player this year

That’s the first time he’s ever played left of Balogun in central defence.

Looked like a 3 at times, with him central. It was relatively fluid over the game.

Is this why ?

Last edited:
I was surprised he started last night, I have long given up on him.

To give him a 4 & a half year deal looked like an act of generosity/madness & so it has turned out to be. He's delivered close to nothing during the entire period of his contract - why would anyone who has watched him actually want him?

It just hasn't worked out for us at all, and these things happen at every club.

If Souttar comes in now for me it means someone is away, most likely Barisic after the rumoured interest from Roma, Villa and Watford. There’s no point in having Goldson, Balogun, Bassey, Helander and King along with Souttar all to play at CB.

We are missing something just now and I don’t know whether it’s quality, pace or leadership in the middle of the park. I’d love for Lundstram to step it up second half of the season but time will tell. I would love it if Sakala got 15 goals this second half of the season and I would love it if one of Wright or Hagi also stepped up and became a dominant 1st teamer. I don’t expect any of them to happen which says a lot.
Villa and Watford have signed left backs in this window so I would doubt Borna would be going to either club now. Still think Borna will be here and just be a case of getting Souttar in now to integrate him into the squad.

Villa and Watford have signed left backs in this window so I would doubt Borna would be going to either club now. Still think Borna will be here and just be a case of getting Souttar in now to integrate him into the squad.
I don’t think it’s overly beneficial integrating a Centre Half into the squad without game time which I can’t see him getting yet.

I’ve missed Simpson off the above list and that would give us 7 CB’s?

Can't imagine Hearts left Souttar out of the squad to do Rangers or the player any favours so this is either an invitation to Rangers to get a bid in now knowing that he can play in the SC or at the very least informal talks might be taking place.

Hearts know that playing him today probably halves any fee we were prepared to pay to get him in this month.
He'll be back in for midweek if he hasn't joined us.

I don’t think it’s overly beneficial integrating a Centre Half into the squad without game time which I can’t see him getting yet.

I’ve missed Simpson off the above list and that would give us 7 CB’s?
I don't think he'll play much either but given Balogun and Helander always pick up injuries he would be handy to have around. I'm guessing the booing of him the other night has got Hearts wanting to do a deal.

Playing for Rangers in a title battle - and in big European games - would improve Gilmour.
They're not going to send him up for 2 games against Dortmund and 2/3 games against the tims. He's too good for the league we play in and he won't be tested week in week out.

Loan fees Chelsea command for first team players and wages makes it a total non starter as well.

We’ve been playing a left back there for weeks, meaning we literally had no cover for left back had anything happened to Borna. Balogun and Helander are unreliable due to injury.

As we all know, there’s the guts of 40 million at stake, the less left to chance the better.
We have Balugun, Goldson, Helander, Bassey, Simpson, Sands, and now King who can all play their and probably without issue outside the tougher games so I don’t think Souter is needed for the next 4 months especially when we are so light in attacking options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back