Souttar out of Hearts cup squad

giphy.gif

300,000 is a sizeable chunk of money (if bbc figure is accurate)
Rangers can’t be just throwing that away especially when we have so much dead wood in the squad
£300k is peanuts; a fraction more than Rashford gets paid every week.

Bringing in an international centre half now for that price (even though we're pretty well covered in that position) makes a lot of sense.

I thought it was interesting that goldson played as the left centre half yesterday. Could he be playing there with souttar the other side come next week?

Why left back cover?
I think it was just in my head from last nights game as Simpson I would get rid of , so then suppose taking bassey out of CB to cover of barisic is injured again, but I’d rather see bassey develop in CB

Actually sands could maybe cover in there

Souttar plays ahead of Balogun and Bassey and provides cover/competition for Helander when he's fit again. I'd be happy with £300k to get him in now and settled.

£300k is peanuts; a fraction more than Rashford gets paid every week.

Bringing in an international centre half now for that price (even though we're pretty well covered in that position) makes a lot of sense.
Sadly it’s not peanuts to rangers if you look at our accounts.

I just don’t see the need to spend money on something that will be free in 4months when we have several CB options

This talk of bedding in a player , yeah maybe if they ain’t used to Scottish league / style of play, souttar knows that and he will be most likely be playing with a different partner anyway as goldson will be away

I disagree I would get him in now and bed him in for next season, it’s not going to cost a fortune to get him this window.
Absolutely, whether we need him to play regularly or not is irrelevant. Getting him in to the club and involved with the team training and dynamics would be a massive boost come start of next season.

Back