Massive Queues into Govan

Abacab

Was late for game last night and got in about 5-10 mins after KO, couldn’t help but notice some big queues into the Govan as I was walking round to BF.

Weirdly it was at the very far left of the stand. I assume they were being stringent with vaccine checks?

I entered about 20mins prior to kick off and they were asking everyone, but as soon as you opened the app and they seen the Qcode, they moved onto the next one, so didn’t really look at it or scan anything or check the name against your season ticket. If you had a screenshot of a Q code page they would likely glance at it and go to the next person.

Turnstile 96 is broken and had been for every game this year. It's a joke and nobody at the club seems to care. Queueing for fifteen minutes to get into a half empty stadium ffs.
Was it Sandy Jardine Rear you were going into?

The turnstiles at the Broomloan end into the Sandy Jardine Rear were empty. Maybe an idea if you want to skip the queues altogether.

It's pretty much always been queued since we put new turnstiles in, I basically had to do a stewards job for him helping 2 lassies in front of me who weren't sure how the QR codes on their phones worked.

Didn't help only one turnstile was open going into gf6, the other is always breaking down.

Turnstile 96 is broken and had been for every game this year. It's a joke and nobody at the club seems to care. Queueing for fifteen minutes to get into a half empty stadium ffs.
Mate, have you informed the SLO about that turnstile ?
It's possible he could help sort this out.

Turnstile 91 was broken as well - the guy in front of my son scanned his ticket and the gate wouldn't open. So we all piled in Gate 92. When the guy who sits in front of us turned up he qa saying the checking of the Covid passports and the merging of queues at Gates 91 and 92 was causing issues

Turnstiles at BF1 seemed to be having issues as well, you'd wait ages for 1 person to get through and then the next 7 or 8 people would just be able to walk through on a green light before you even tapped your card.

Fine for last night but I don't think it even registered me tapping my ST so if that was a league game would I have received my 5 points for attending?

folk were warned about getting there early due to checks but a load still strolled up 2 minutes before kick off 3 sheets to the wind, hardly the clubs fault there were queues.
This. Some people just won’t be told and think it’s some laugh to still be standing in the louden 10 mins before kick off with a pint then have a divine right to just stroll into the stadium at their leisure

folk were warned about getting there early due to checks but a load still strolled up 2 minutes before kick off 3 sheets to the wind, hardly the clubs fault there were queues.

I agree with this, we had to Q but only for 3 or 4 mins and the size was similar to the image in the thread.

What is ridiculous is the wee women boss who started shouting at the other stewards to just let people through and that the Q’s were too big.

Felt sorry for some of them, they were only doing the job they were told to do, some of the abuse they were getting was pathetic as well

Was late for game last night and got in about 5-10 mins after KO, couldn’t help but notice some big queues into the Govan as I was walking round to BF.

Weirdly it was at the very far left of the stand. I assume they were being stringent with vaccine checks?
Everyone being checked at my end of the Club Deck (CD6), but queues were small, probably due to the attendance. I did see a few folk arguing with stewards for the enclosure who were being asked for ID to prove the COVID-passport they were showing was theirs...! Can see this being a nightmare on Wednesday, especially for those who can't get there early.

An absolute zoomer out his face was trying to get in to our Main Stand turnstile without a ticket.

Tried to squeeze through with a fella in front of me who was having bother with his QR code.

He got told to beat it by a few of us in the queue .He about turned and left but after we got in and standing at the top of the stairs ,5 mins later said zoomer appears !

Be good if the club employed staff that speak English too, always helps at the turnstiles.
Years ago I was sent to secondary immigration and almost missed my connecting flight, after the border guard in Philadelphia couldn’t speak English.

Madness. She was Chinese (yet obviously somehow American).

Broken turnstiles a joke. The one far left at GF earlier in season, folk having to jump over it to get in, chaos. Couldn’t back out due to fans behind. No stewards to be seen to help.
Needs fixed.

traffic being forced off the M8 at riddrie and M80 at blackhill didnt help last night due to that lorry crash. i was two hours late in finishing work and coming from the west the rubber neckers were causing problems which is bad enough on a friday without them, why they closed the M80 is a mystery when all they had to do was cone off westbound M8 and let m80 flow past the crash and back onto M8

your right though about those that stay for last orders before running for the turnstiles dont help, seen one guy get in only for stewards to put him back out for being drunk last game

I got there 10 mins before kick off and there was a big queue. However it went in very quickly and it appeared to me like they had been doing checks till that point, which made the queues build up, but must have decided to eventually just let folk in without checking due to the kick-off fast approaching.

I got to my seat about 2 mins before kick-off and that was even me having the time to go for a slash when I got into the ground.

I'm going to make sure I turn up 'late' from now on. :)

Was it Sandy Jardine Rear you were going into?

The turnstiles at the Broomloan end into the Sandy Jardine Rear were empty. Maybe an idea if you want to skip the queues altogether.
Not when we went in at 19:30 they weren’t. However was rapid to get in. Got to expect queues at that time though…no-one checking passports either.

We got into the queue for GF7 turnstiles 96 and (95 or 97 can't remember which way they go) just after 7:20. We got in 1 minute after kick off. There were no passport checks in place for us. The issue was that there was only one open, as another poster mentioned turnstile 96 was shut. The queues for the Govan rear right next door were also but moved much faster (and also had covid checks in place) , had we been in that queue I think we'd easily have been in by 7:30. So from my personal experience of last night I do feel that it's the clubs fault and not entirely the fans.

Years ago I was sent to secondary immigration and almost missed my connecting flight, after the border guard in Philadelphia couldn’t speak English.

Madness. She was Chinese (yet obviously somehow American).
PHL is a disorganised dump.

The middle turnstiles were empty you can go in any if you are govan front thats what i did

Queues for GR last night were nothing to do with Covid checks. From what I saw, it was a combination of turnstile mechanical problems and/or folk not knowing how to scan their tickets. Guy two in front of me couldn’t scan his ticket properly and dicked around for ages complaining, before staggering off into the night. Doesn’t take many like that to cause a queue.

Was nothing to do with extra security checks. Well it certainly wasn’t at the govan front far left turnstiles

I think one of the issues last night was the people that still don’t know how to use a QR code at the gate

I showed the bloke my QR code he then says what’s this I need the dates

I thought all I needed was my QR code or am I wrong

Ha ha cheers mate. Quick question tho i have 2 tickets (qr) do i scan them both or do the separately??
Each QR code opens the turnstile to go through. Will need done by each person once the one in front is fully through.

I’ve seen folk go too quick then the turnstile slams shut from the dude in front and locks the barrier. No entry and a trip to the ticket office.

Each QR code opens the turnstile to go through. Will need done by each person once the one in front is fully through.

I’ve seen folk go too quick then the turnstile slams shut from the dude in front and locks the barrier. No entry and a trip to the ticket office.
Cheers pal.

Back