Looks like Derby County are on the brink

It didnt stop others pilfering our best players. If Derby have any decent talent then we should be on the prowl. What's good for the goose and all that.
I know, and I know how angry it made me.

We know exactly what their fans are going through and may go through for years to come with vultures like Ashley hanging about.

I know, and I know how angry it made me.

We know exactly what their fans are going through and may go through for years to come with vultures like Ashley hanging about.
Understandable. I dont remember any teams rushing to our aid though. As sad as it is, football is a business. If we could do good busines and improve our team at the expense of their business then that, unfortunately, is the way of the world.

Don't get me wrong, i would have huge sympathy with their fans. But, ultimately, I have no interest in the 'Rams'. Get them plundered.

What’s the script with Middlesbrough and Wycombe?

They in line for compensation or something?

An opinion based on nothing isn't really an opinion, is it.

Except my opinion isn’t based on nothing.

My opinion is based on how highly I rate Aribo and Kamara and I don’t believe there is a midfielder in the Championship, let alone one playing for Derby, that is as good as either of them, let alone better than them.

My opinion is based on how highly I rate Aribo and Kamara and I don’t believe there is a midfielder in the Championship, let alone one playing for Derby, that is as good as either of them, let alone better than them.
How can you possibly pass comment on a player who, by your own admission, you have never seen? Your opinion is based on nothing.

Some great midfielders in the championship. The lad Carvalho at Fulham will go very far.

A fully fit Krystian Bielik walks into our starting XI and is instantly the best midfielder in Scotland. The main problem here though is the 'fully fit' part.

Buchanan (LB) could be a player one day but is nowhere near Ibrox standard at the moment, same with Luke Plange (striker).

Tom Lawrence is outstanding on his day but lacks the consistency to succeed at Rangers, the fans wouldn't have the patience with him that we have at Derby.

Nathan Byrne would be great backup to Tav at RB but would he want to play second fiddle at this stage in his career?

Jason Knight, Max Bird and Liam Thompson (all centre mid) are all going to be stars, especially Thompson. If Rangers could get hold of any of these 3 and continue their development then they'll be going for 8 figure fees in a few years time.
Bielik is a good player but has on the treatment table more than Ryan jack, the rest are bang average championship players who will be sold to the Lutons and Peterboroughs in the summer. Someone will take a punt on Lawrence but he's more miss than hit.

How can you possibly pass comment on a player who, by your own admission, you have never seen? Your opinion is based on nothing.

Because I’m supremely confident that Aribo and Kamara are better than a guy who’s 24 years old, has only played 79 career games and is currently playing for a relegation threatened English championship team.

Aribo and Kamara are being linked with moves and the fee’s are 8 figures at an absolute minimum. If this guy was so good then why wouldn’t teams just buy him instead since Derby are in admin and would accept almost anything for their players at this point?

I’m not trying to disparage derby here btw, I really like them as a club. I’m also not trying to disparage the player in question.

I just think it’s a ridiculous opinion to say he’s as good as Aribo or Kamara.

Because I’m supremely confident that Aribo and Kamara are better than a guy who’s 24 years old, has only played 79 career games and is currently playing for a relegation threatened English championship team.

Aribo and Kamara are being linked with moves and the fee’s are 8 figures at an absolute minimum. If this guy was so good then why wouldn’t teams just buy him instead since Derby are in admin and would accept almost anything for their players at this point?

I’m not trying to disparage derby here btw, I really like them as a club. I’m also not trying to disparage the player in question.

I rate all 3 players very highly but I genuinely believe, based on what I have seen of them all, that a fully fit Bielik is the best centre mid. Aribo is the best player, mind.

To be fair a fit Bielik probably is as good as kamara, he's way too good for derby the problem is he's never fit. He could get in a decent EPL side.

I rate all 3 players very highly but I genuinely believe, based on what I have seen of them all, that a fully fit Bielik is the best centre mid. Aribo is the best player, mind.

Fair enough mate.

I disagree but I doubt we’re going to change each other’s opinion so probably just best to agree to disagree.

To be fair a fit Bielik probably is as good as kamara, he's way too good for derby the problem is he's never fit. He could get in a decent EPL side.

When you consider the paltry fee Derby accepted for Shinnie, why would an EPL side not buy him for a pittance (even taking a chance with all the injuries) if he’s so good?

Understandable. I dont remember any teams rushing to our aid though. As sad as it is, football is a business. If we could do good busines and improve our team at the expense of their business then that, unfortunately, is the way of the world.

Don't get me wrong, i would have huge sympathy with their fans. But, ultimately, I have no interest in the 'Rams'. Get them plundered.
Milán did us a good turn

It is the action of HMRC in this that will be of most interest to this Bear. If they apply the same process to Derby as they did to us then I will have no complaint. Should they deviate from it, however, questions will need to be asked.
I think questions should be asked - and wish Derby well!

The latest is £40m paid OUT in compo. Throw in what the bill was originally which Murray offered a repayment plan - and that's a net 50-60m.

I have no qualms with Derby. I wouldn't want them to go through what we went through. That was based on hatred.

Fair enough mate.

I disagree but I doubt we’re going to change each other’s opinion so probably just best to agree to disagree.

When you consider the paltry fee Derby accepted for Shinnie, why would an EPL side not buy him for a pittance (even taking a chance with all the injuries) if he’s so good?
Because he is never fit, he would be a huge risk and he's just coming back from a big injury. Derby may have had an offer for him but for some reason their administrator doesn't want to sell players.

What’s the script with Middlesbrough and Wycombe?

They in line for compensation or something?

Middlesbrough claim they were denied both signing Waghorn from Ipswich (who went to Derby) and then a play off place by Derby's accountancy "cheating".

Wycombe claim a Derby points deduction should have been applied last season meaning they would have stayed up and are after claiming the difference in revenues, sponsorship, gates between League One and still being in the Championship.

Both clubs realise a compromise is more likely than getting every penny they claim (£45m Boro were initially after!) and football creditor status (basically everything after the tax man is paid).

The administrator needs to find someone who can fund the rest of the season first and foremost so they're not discussing with Boro and Wycombe as priority.

That's my broad understanding anyway.

Middlesbrough claim they were denied both signing Waghorn from Ipswich (who went to Derby) and then a play off place by Derby's accountancy "cheating".

Wycombe claim a Derby points deduction should have been applied last season meaning they would have stayed up and are after claiming the difference in revenues, sponsorship, gates between League One and still being in the Championship.

Both clubs realise a compromise is more likely than getting every penny they claim (£45m Boro were initially after!) and football creditor status (basically everything after the tax man is paid).

The administrator needs to find someone who can fund the rest of the season first and foremost so they're not discussing with Boro and Wycombe as priority.

Middlesbrough and their shitehole Town can f*ck right off.

Can see both sides but ultimately Wycombe and Middlesbrough should probably look to just let it go. Better still, EFL could agree to cover the costs (at an agreed reduced rate) to let Derby survive

If it was my club owed the £ I’d probably have a different opinion though

1903 FA cup final
Bury 6 Derby 0
Both teams in the record score final could soon be extinct

Sad times
Chin up Rams fans and the best of British to you

This from an article on Derby County:

Are they going to find a buyer?​

The administrator remains confident of an agreement, with at least three parties still at the table. Last week the Binnie family, founders of the investment firm Carlisle Capital, submitted a bid worth about £28m, which they believe to be the asking price, and that could trigger the former Derby chairman Andrew Appleby or former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley into bidding. Crucially, the club are thought to have had positive conversations with the preferential creditor, HMRC, over an agreement to pay significantly less than the £29.3m they owe. The Binnies are understood to accept any liabilities relating to lawsuits the club face from Middlesbrough and Wycombe, both of whom believe Derby knowingly skirted EFL rules to gain an advantage at their expense, but the bid does not cover Derby’s Pride Park stadium, which is owned by Morris, or training ground, which is leased from the Locko Estate. Under EFL rules, any buyer must pay football creditors – such as Arsenal, whom Derby owe for Krystian Bielik – 100% of what they are owed and unsecured creditors – such as player agencies and small businesses – at least 25% of what they are owed, or the club would face a 15-point penalty next season.

Back