Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the DR​

Rangers transfer news as Andreas Skov Olsen slammed by Bologna boss and John Souttar bid booted out​

The Danish winger is believed to be a target and it appears he has not future with the Serie A side.
0_Serie-A-Atalanta-v-Bologna.jpg

(Image: REUTERS)

Get the latest Rangers news from Record Sport with our daily newsletter.
Subscribe
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Andreas Skov Olsen appears to have no future at Bologna after the Rangers target was blasted by boss Sinisa Mihajlovic.
The wantaway winger was not in the squad for Friday night's Serie A defeat to Verona, along with left-back Mitchell Dijks.
Advertisement

Reports had emerged earlier in the day that both players were seeking a January exit, with Club Brugge and Rangers believed to be keen on Skov Olsen.
Neither player was in the squad and were slammed by the Bologna boss after the match, with the Serb comparing them unfavourably to Nicolas Dominguez who was forced off in tears after trying to play through an injury.
Asked about the pair Mihajlovic fumed: "Let's say they weren't ready...
"They are two players who no longer enjoy being here and I can't keep players here who pull out in our time of need.

"Dominguez should be an example for everyone."
Saturday also brought developments on the John Souttar front as the defender was not included in the Hearts squad to face Auchinleck Talbot

Manager Robbie Neilson made clear his centre-back was injured, but admitted that a bid from Rangers to make his pre-contract move immediate had been rejected.
He said: "We’ve had a bid in, which has been knocked out the ballpark, so we will wait and see if anything else comes in.

0_Heart-of-Midlothian-v-St-Johnstone-FC-Cinch-Scottish-Premiership.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)
"We value John very, very highly and if anyone is going to take him in this window, they are going to need to pay for him because we are aiming for the Scottish Cup and European football and we need to keep our best players.
"John had a problem with his ankle after the game the other night.
"I know everybody thinks it is to do with what is happening, but it was on his Achilles and we felt there was no point in bringing him down here.

"He will be available for Wednesday - until things change."
The offer has been reported at £300k, with Hearts said to be asking for around half a million to let Souttar leave early.

Fellow defensive target Danilho Doekhi was in action for Vitesse Arnhem but saw his side beaten 3-1 after they were reduced to 10 men early on.
If the 300k fee is true I’m surprised Hearts have rejected that. Suppose, as Neilson says, the money from European Football outweighs that around x10, something they’re more likely to achieve with Souttar.

Bologna about to bid £3.5m for Ramsay from Aberdeen and Olsen more or less out of the picture there going by what Sinisa Mihajlovic says.

Looks like we might have a conclusion to this in the next few days one way or another.

"I know everybody thinks it is to do with what is happening, but it was on his Achilles and we felt there was no point in bringing him down here.

I really hope he's talking crap
I think that was his way of leaving him out of the cup game by saying he had a slight knock even maybe keep the fans off his back, if he was injured do not think they would knock back 300k

Do we have the money to go all out on a quality RW?

Genuinely not sure.. the Patterson money plugs the financial hole in our account does it not?

Not sure if we'll have much left over.. unless I'm missing something?
I think we do - Patterson money in addition to the Gerrard money. There’s surely enough there for a £3-4m outlay.

Regardless, there is no need to buy anyone, if Ross Wilson is diligent he can surely find a loan-to-buy deal so we can defer any transfer fee until the end of the season.

Hagi was a loan-to-buy. The scum’s best player arguably is a loan-to-buy. There’s talent available across Europe on loan and if we don’t have the money for a Skov Olsen type player outright we need to be asking the question of clubs for players on loan.

Sam Johnstone would be such a good signing and with the potential to earn the club £10m+ with a future sale. I can’t see it happening but he’d be guaranteed first team football and chance of CL football. I don’t see him announcing his new club this soon.

It’s all gone quiet around the Siegrist chat. Perhaps he’s just been lined up as a fall back option.
Not sure we would get £10m+ for a keeper if we signed him for next season given he would be 29. Would need to have some 6 months for us to get anywhere near that kind of cash.

Wonder why we haven’t been linked with a Dutch league rw using gio previous knowledge or any others from that league (before someone says doekhi I know)

Wonder why we haven’t been linked with a Dutch league rw using gio previous knowledge or any others from that league (before someone says doekhi I know)
I'm surprised too. I wonder if we are gambling on getting by as we are to the summer (As champions) knowing there is a potential re-build to come with key players out of contract this summer and next. January window is always seen as a difficult window to get good players in. Still hopeful of a couple in personally

Annoyed we bid as much as 300k tbh.

Not exactly earth shattering amounts to Hearts either, who would be loving life if they finished 3rd (and guaranteed Europe)

If we have offered £300k...
Tell them that offer drops by £25k every day between now and the end of the window.
I wouldn’t be going above the 300K and to be honest I would probably be looking at a swap deal with someone else in the squad if it suits

Weird we are bidding £300k for an area we are well covered for when we have more urgent areas of the team that need improvement.
Not really! It’s a deal to bring a player in early and whilst I disagree paying for someone we don’t need it’s worth the offer

They're kicking out £300k and at the same time saying Souttar might be fucking crocked again?

Monitor this one I think, if he's injured lengthy time again, cancel the pre-contract.

Mad to be saying you want more than 300k and at the same time say that his Achilles could be playing up now.

We don't need him yet, need to make sure he stays injury free firstly.

If we have money to spend then I’d rather we kept it for the summer when we’ll get better value.

I think the squad we currently have is good enough to win the league this season.

I know loads of people want us to sign a RW especially but I’d rather see the coaches work with what we currently have for that position and make them better.

£300k should have been more than enough. Concerning that he's having injury issues again. Hope to fk this isn't Prodan MK2.
Where’s the 300k figure come from ?
I’ve said many times they won’t take 150-250k for him and will be looking for closer to 500,000 to get a deal done.

As for Skov Olsen I just don’t see it happening as they want too much money for him.

If we have money to spend then I’d rather we kept it for the summer when we’ll get better value.

I think the squad we currently have is good enough to win the league this season.

I know loads of people want us to sign a RW especially but I’d rather see the coaches work with what we currently have for that position and make them better.
I think the RW stuff is coming from the club tbf. In the summer there will be a massive turnover in players imo and any we can get in now to start that process early only helps us.

They're kicking out £300k and at the same time saying Souttar might be fucking crocked again?

Monitor this one I think, if he's injured lengthy time again, cancel the pre-contract.

Mad to be saying you want more than 300k and at the same time say that his Achilles could be playing up now.

Do you think j they'd have turned the cash down if Souttar was "crocked"?

We'd have made the bid and shown we were perhaps wiling to negotiate, but only if Souttar was not cup tied.

Souttar plays against Them, comes to us and he can give someone a rest in the next round of the cup.

I’d agree too. A Skov Olsen nothing special from the you tube clips, and these usually go the other way and make League 2 players look like world beaters. Wouldn’t be a bad option but expensive at anything near £5m and not a patch on RK.

He’s a very good player but I’d rather we go for a real pacey winger as we lack true pace in forward areas.

Would definitely be an upgrade but won’t happen at the price mentioned regardless.

Signing soutar early seems crazy when helander will be back soon

Its been obvious for over a year we need a different kind of midfielder and a proper quality right winger

Does signing Souttar mean we can’t upgrade thr other positions?

I think it’s a calculated risk bringing him in now, it gives him time to settle and gives good cover in an area where we have been playing a left back in there for the last couple of months.

As for a midfielder and LW, I agree 100%, if there is a couple of players we should move this week

Every pre contract will be subject to a medical being passed before actual contract signed and registered.

How Hearts manager is behaving is why we find it hard to buy any players from the SPFL with every move blasted all over the media portraying us as cheapskates and how us trying to bully the wee teams. Let Souttar stay there until summer and hell mend Hearts.

Signing soutar early seems crazy when helander will be back soon

Its been obvious for over a year we need a different kind of midfielder and a proper quality right winger
Helander is a cracking defender. He's missed a lot of football and is out of contract next year. Punt, imo.

Not to mention Aribo and Wright I do agree we need pace out there but we really need end product more than anything else
Yeah exactly. People saying we need a really fast winger seem to have forgot the fast players like Jones, O'halloran and even Wright to an extent we have had that didn’t really do anything. What we need is a good winger who can beat a man, have a dig and put in a good cross. Yeah I would also love him to be rapid but in the market we are looking at that type of player isn’t gonna be available to us.

From the DR​

Rangers transfer news as Andreas Skov Olsen slammed by Bologna boss and John Souttar bid booted out​

The Danish winger is believed to be a target and it appears he has not future with the Serie A side.
0_Serie-A-Atalanta-v-Bologna.jpg

(Image: REUTERS)

Get the latest Rangers news from Record Sport with our daily newsletter.
Subscribe
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Andreas Skov Olsen appears to have no future at Bologna after the Rangers target was blasted by boss Sinisa Mihajlovic.
The wantaway winger was not in the squad for Friday night's Serie A defeat to Verona, along with left-back Mitchell Dijks.
Advertisement

Reports had emerged earlier in the day that both players were seeking a January exit, with Club Brugge and Rangers believed to be keen on Skov Olsen.
Neither player was in the squad and were slammed by the Bologna boss after the match, with the Serb comparing them unfavourably to Nicolas Dominguez who was forced off in tears after trying to play through an injury.
Asked about the pair Mihajlovic fumed: "Let's say they weren't ready...
"They are two players who no longer enjoy being here and I can't keep players here who pull out in our time of need.

"Dominguez should be an example for everyone."
Saturday also brought developments on the John Souttar front as the defender was not included in the Hearts squad to face Auchinleck Talbot

Manager Robbie Neilson made clear his centre-back was injured, but admitted that a bid from Rangers to make his pre-contract move immediate had been rejected.
He said: "We’ve had a bid in, which has been knocked out the ballpark, so we will wait and see if anything else comes in.

0_Heart-of-Midlothian-v-St-Johnstone-FC-Cinch-Scottish-Premiership.jpg

(Image: SNS Group)
"We value John very, very highly and if anyone is going to take him in this window, they are going to need to pay for him because we are aiming for the Scottish Cup and European football and we need to keep our best players.

"He will be available for Wednesday - until things change."
The offer has been reported at £300k, with Hearts said to be asking for around half a million to let Souttar leave early.

Fellow defensive target Danilho Doekhi was in action for Vitesse Arnhem but saw his side beaten 3-1 after they were reduced to 10 men early on.
If anyone is going to?

Does he understand what pre contract signing means. He's coming to us whether it be now or the summer.

My main concern with that article is the injury to his Achilles.
According to Robbie Nielson it was an ankle knock, not his achilles.

If we actually bid £300k and Hearts effectively laughed at it as reported then they can chase themselves, how much are they realistically looking for?!

I don’t understand why we are bidding for JS. We have Balogun back fit…Helander in training & the emergence of Bassey as a very decent CH I don’t see why we are looking to fast track this move. Unless someone is moving on that’s the only way I’d be bidding anything.

I agree with Kevin Thomson…if we need anything it’s a Centre Midfielder & good one at that. Fashion would be playing every game for me. I hope Hagi isn’t too badly hurt…he’s in & out in games & I’d like him to be stronger but he brings cutting edge almost every game to us…he makes things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back