Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really hope we’ve got some activity going on behind the scenes that no-one Has any idea about. If we finish this window as is or with Souttar coming in now, it’ll be one of the most incompetent windows we’ve seen since a DoF has been appointed.

It’s been said there’s a budget and we know we’re after a RB and a RW. A failure to deliver those would be unthinkable.

Surely forest wouldnt offer more money than us even so that would be a crazy move, could understand west brom more if they got up

Imagine leaving us to play for 1 of them.

No European football.
No 50000 home fans every 2nd week.
No competing for trophies.

Playing championship football at the peak of your career when you could play for one of the biggest names in the UK and a big name in Europe.
I don't think he wants to go I think he just wants to be valued for the service he's given the club as he's barely missed a game in his time here. He's also a huge leader on and off the park as well so for me we should be bursting the bank to keep him he'll be a massive loss.

I don't think he wants to go I think he just wants to be valued for the service he's given the club as he's barely missed a game in his time here. He's also a huge leader on and off the park as well so for me we should be bursting the bank to keep him he'll be a massive loss.
No no surely not we should not be ‘busting the bank’ for any player you know that mate .

We know what the market values contracts and skills at and what our market is and what we can afford and that is what our model will reflect

No no surely not we should not be ‘busting the bank’ for any player you know that mate .

We know what the market values contracts and skills at and what our market is and what we can afford and that is what our model will reflect
If we can get shot of Lundstram and his alleged wage then for me that wage would be given in a new deal to Goldson. I doubt it's accurate but if that sun report is and Souttar is seen as his replacement then its a massive downgrade in quality.

You're point is valid though about our model and working within budgets which will obviously happen anyway but there will be a huge turnover of players in the summer so cash will be available.

Goldsons better than both those clubs an EPL side coming in I could see him going if he leaves for a bang average championship side it will show he has little ambition

I think Goldson will wait and see what happens with the league and Europe.

Saying that, no idea why the likes of Newcastle etc don’t go after him.

He’d be their best centre half.

Surely this is the week links start to appear?

We are in the market for a RW and if reports are correct and Olsen is away to Brugge then surely leaks will start this week.

I hope.

Surely this is the week links start to appear?

We are in the market for a RW and if reports are correct and Olsen is away to Brugge then surely leaks will start this week.

I hope.

Has there been more on the move to Brugge seemed to have went quiet these last few days

Has there been more on the move to Brugge seemed to have went quiet these last few days

The chance that Andreas Skov Olsen will go to the Jupiler Pro League seems to be very high. He was no longer drafted at Bologna. Bologna lost 2-1 to Verona in Serie A. Trainer Mihajlovic no longer drafted Andreas Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks, two international transfer targets.

"These are two players who are no longer happy here at Bologna and therefore have to leave," he said of the fact that the two did not play. "I can't have people on the team who retreat in times of need," he said.

Olsen is very close to a deal with Club Brugge. The final details of the deal worth around 5 million euros would be handled.

All I could find from today. As ever who knows reliability etc.

Said it on the other thread, but Championship clubs paying decent but not outlandish wages.

It is a fact that Barrie McKay was on £18k per week at Nottingham Forest

Not sure how it was structured, but that was the figure touted, ‘almost’ from the horses mouth.

That story about Goldson is good news for us IMO.

Nottingham Forest or West Brom in the Championship or Rangers with the Champions League next season? I think the odds are in our favour in those circumstances tbh.
He has already said (to an admin on here) that he doesn’t want to leave Rangers. Stumbling block is wages.

I think he’s being clever in the fact that come the summer he simply says ‘it would cost £5m+ to replace me, just pay me that figure over the next 3-4 years and you will save my wages’

What’s astonishing about it? I’d say it’s about his level.
I don't get the thoughts of EPL teams wanting him either. I mean dont get me wrong I think he can play in the league. However, the teams in EPL have the money to buy better.

What’s astonishing about it? I’d say it’s about his level.
Seriously? A standout for us in Europe. Plays 50+ games every season without getting injured. Integral member of the invincible team last season.

Helander was a Serie A regular at Bologna and I’d say he’s on the same level as Goldson, so how does that make Goldson Championship level?

Scott McKenna was and is nowhere near as good as Goldson and he’s a Championship regular for Forest. Same as Worrall.

Goldson is considerably better than both.

I feel too many here overrate the quality and standard of the Championship. IMO we play at a much higher level in the Europa League every season. Lee Wallace and Dominic Ball are important players for promotion chasing QPR this season and they wouldn’t get a look in at our team.

I look at our best players: Goldson, Tav, Barisic, Helander, Kamara, Aribo, Kent and Morelos and for me they are all considerably above Championship level and would smoothly transition to the PL if clubs came in for them.

Agree. If we can’t get 2 first team starters this month then we shouldn’t bother doing anything, squad fillers should be coming from the youth setup, not overpaid average footballers from down south
Our current squad is bloated and not good enough precisely due to average footballers, overpaid or otherwise.

Rangers have conducted a very positive window with the few deals done so I’d be happy as is.

There are clearly a number of players who should be long gone but realistically due to their wages they won’t be and will likely hang about unless we pay them off.

Our current squad is bloated and not good enough precisely due to average footballers, overpaid or otherwise.

Rangers have conducted a very positive window with the few deals done so I’d be happy as is.

There are clearly a number of players who should be long gone but realistically due to their wages they won’t be and will likely hang about unless we pay them off.
I think this whole bloated issue will largely resolve next season.

The likes of barker and firth are OOC and wont need replacing, then you have big earners like balogun, goldson, davis and arfield all out of contract, with some arguably already replaced with the signings of sands and souttar.

One week left and no significant replacements other than Sands is beginning to be a worry, I’d have expected a RB and RW by this time, let’s hope the club are busy behind the scenes.
I'd have to agree, I would like to have seen a couple of players in giving them time to bed in before the Celtic game. I would also like both to be players who would strengthen our first 11. Its been too many windows now just buying squad fillers.

Let’s hope the club are busy behind the scenes.
I'm sure they are.

Then again...... mibby no.

sleepydriver.jpg

Sands will never be a replacement for either Davis or Goldson.

I'm not writing him off after one game even if it sounds that way but from what I've seen and the contributions of Goldson and Davis then no, no way.
In terms of CDM, i certainly think Gio will see Sands as Davis successor. Whether he has the same impact is to be seen. As for Goldson, i think a replacement for him will be in the summer. Souttar for me is the Balogun replacement

Let’s all be patient with Sands. He’s played one game where our entire midfield went missing at probably the toughest venue we travel to every season. He wasn’t even that bad although he did nothing particularly impressive.

Remember also he is on a loan deal with no obligation to buy. It’s a great deal for a player who comes highly rated. Impossible to judge at this stage what Gio sees his long term role to be.

Said it on the other thread, but Championship clubs paying decent but not outlandish wages.

It is a fact that Barrie McKay was on £18k per week at Nottingham Forest

Not sure how it was structured, but that was the figure touted, ‘almost’ from the horses mouth.

The championship post-covid is a very different animal. The majority of them have recently been 12 months without any Season Ticket income.

There are sides in the top 6 who don’t pay anyone more than £12k a week.

Not long ago, clubs like Boro and Forest wanted a wage cap for Championship clubs - of £18m a year. That’s half of our’s.

Outstanding for Rangers in a defence that broke records and went undefeated for an entire season, the best in our lifetimes that will likely never be repeated, but the Championship is his level?

He could easily hold his own in the Premiership, what nonsense.
You’re right he’d get a game at a bottom 6 club in prem if the likes of ajer and Duffy get game time.

I’m trying not to be downbeat about the transfers but Gio did say he hoped to come out the window stronger than what we went in.

At present it’s Patterson out & Sands in, which leaves us considerably weaker at fullback & tbh not much stronger in midfield as we have too many.

Hopefully some stuff going on in the background.

Seriously? A standout for us in Europe. Plays 50+ games every season without getting injured. Integral member of the invincible team last season.

Helander was a Serie A regular at Bologna and I’d say he’s on the same level as Goldson, so how does that make Goldson Championship level?

Scott McKenna was and is nowhere near as good as Goldson and he’s a Championship regular for Forest. Same as Worrall.

Goldson is considerably better than both.

I feel too many here overrate the quality and standard of the Championship. IMO we play at a much higher level in the Europa League every season. Lee Wallace and Dominic Ball are important players for promotion chasing QPR this season and they wouldn’t get a look in at our team.

I look at our best players: Goldson, Tav, Barisic, Helander, Kamara, Aribo, Kent and Morelos and for me they are all considerably above Championship level and would smoothly transition to the PL if clubs came in for them.
He’s been at fault for many of our goals in Europe though. I’m pretty confident Goldson won’t get a PL club after us.

He has had some outstanding games in Europe for us.

I guess some folk just won't realise how good he has been until he go's, he's been an outstanding signing and is much better than 'championship level' regardless of where he ends up.
Katic had some outstanding games in Europe too, Goldson and tav have cost us countless goals at higher level in the Europa league.

I’d like Goldson to stay but if his ambition is to play at diddy clubs like forest and wba then send him packing and try get the dutch kid in.

He missed 2 games Sheep and Stirling Albion. Hopefully he's back for Wednesday with the travelling involved to get back on time probably be on the bench.

He never got the mid season break the rest of our players goy, so I'd just let him ease himself back in this week, with a view to playing at Dingwall.

Mental if he leaves us to go to Nottingham Forrest or WBA.

The Forest manager has been quoted as saying that in McKenna and Worrall, he's got 2 of the best central defenders in the Championship.

Now I think both of them are decent enough and nowhere near as bad as some on here make them out to be, but Goldson is immeasurably better than either of them.

I see Greg Doc doing well at Hull, Ojo doing the same at Millwall and Christie being touted as far too good for the English Championship to know both Rangers and Goldson are totally different gravy from players and teams like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back