Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying not to be downbeat about the transfers but Gio did say he hoped to come out the window stronger than what we went in.

At present it’s Patterson out & Sands in, which leaves us considerably weaker at fullback & tbh not much stronger in midfield as we have too many.

Hopefully some stuff going on in the background.
I’m sure there’s zero activity going on in the background :rolleyes::))
You do know we know we have submitted a bid for Souttar (and that’s just 1 we know of)

We will be patient with him - he's here for 18-months.

In the meantime we're free to talk about what we've seen so far and how we think it will go.

I said when we were linked I fear he'll be another Polster.

That American league is daft - guys who were average or simply alright in Scotland look like superstars over there same with managers. It's not a footballing environment I take seriously.
Unfair to judge him based on the league he's coming from, sure there will be duds from MLS but there's plenty of gems that have came from America too, Alphonso Davies and Giovanni Reyna come to mind.

Goldson was never walking into a Prem team to be a starter, maybe a Norwich, Watford but they’ll be in champ next season anyway.

Obviously missed a lot of games with his heart condition therefore I don’t see him wanting to go to a Villa, Wolves type club to be 3rd or 4th choice.

Off top of my head Goldson been poor at a lot of goals this season especially before Gio arrived. Hibs at Ibrox, Nisbet left all alone 6 yards out, Aberdeen at Ibrox their first goal Goldson fuckin about at the back (along with others in defence), Ross county at home im sure he’s caught playing them onside for their 1st goal. Motherwell at fir park him and Tav make a mess of the long ball which they score from the corner, even Gio first game at Livi he lets a long ball bounce and we concede.

Last season he was tremendous my poty, however over the course of his years at us some shakey moments, Hamilton at home etc pre covid. On his day a good defender, communicator and we’ll miss that long diagonal but if recruit properly not sure we will miss him, not at the Cuellar, Boogie level for me.

West Brom and Forest linked with Goldson, so it would seem his reason for moving may be over family rather than money (if the reports are true)
Most of the other current rumours are a rehash. Siegrist wanted by Southampton and we’re mentioned as being interested and then the Right sided attacker throw shit at a wall links, Olsen and Amoo.
Exciting week, goes without saying Goldson MUST stay and the same for Morelos and Kent. Anyone else needs to be huge money

He currently earns probably in the region of £1.5 million a year so hardly life changing sums if he gets an extra £500k per year.

When your earning that sort of money anyway surely winning trophies trumps an extra few quid in the bank.
Aye %^*& earning an extra £2m

He currently earns probably in the region of £1.5 million a year so hardly life changing sums if he gets an extra £500k per year.

When your earning that sort of money anyway surely winning trophies trumps an extra few quid in the bank.
Your speaking as a supporter. Most players will view it from a bank balance point of view

I’m sure there’s zero activity going on in the background :rolleyes::))
You do know we know we have submitted a bid for Souttar (and that’s just 1 we know of)
Great, but CB isn’t a priority position.

Souttar is 3rd choice when everyone’s fit, Goldson & Helander are both better.

We need a right sided attacker badly.

I’d be shocked if Goldson doesn’t go to villa as part of the squad. Gerrard knows and trusts him abc as a back up would be an easy option.

If it’s championship clubs I think we have a chance of keeping him.

Great, but CB isn’t a priority position.

Souttar is 3rd choice when everyone’s fit, Goldson & Helander are both better.

We need a right sided attacker badly.
1 draw under the new manager would say it won’t be a disaster if we don’t acquire the right target

Katic had some outstanding games in Europe too, Goldson and tav have cost us countless goals at higher level in the Europa league.

I’d like Goldson to stay but if his ambition is to play at diddy clubs like forest and wba then send him packing and try get the dutch kid in.

Countless? You exaggerating for dramatic effect or can you genuinely not count?

I thought it was a stick on Goldson would go to Villa as he had a great relationship with Gerrard, I remember reading a story how Gerrard went to his house to get him to sign for Rangers.

He’s been at fault for many of our goals in Europe though. I’m pretty confident Goldson won’t get a PL club after us.
Can you name some of these “many” goals he’s been at fault for in Europe? I can’t think of a single goal he’s been at fault for in Europe, yeah he’s has made mistakes in the league which has cost us but not in Europe.

Getting slightly concerned at the lack of activity.

We need to reinvest in the squad if we are going to sell players for the value we have done with Patterson. That was the model we were told would be adopted. There are areas where there is weakness and single points of success.

A RW and a No. 8 are required asap
We usually get our business done early but I'll be happy with a few key signings in the next week. Will be worried and very disappointed if there's no change when the window closes.

Can you name some of these “many” goals he’s been at fault for in Europe? I can’t think of a single goal he’s been at fault for in Europe, yeah he’s has made mistakes in the league which has cost us but not in Europe.
Spartak away

Goldson is better than Ajer, who seems to be in and out of the Brentford team. You can talk about buying potential and that, but Goldson is on a free, there's a few sides down south who are mad not to go for him. Really hope he signs a new deal.

Goldson is better than Ajer, who seems to be in and out of the Brentford team. You can talk about buying potential and that, but Goldson is on a free, there's a few sides down south who are mad not to go for him. Really hope he signs a new deal.

Ajer has been injured for large parts of this season, when he's fit he's been a starter.

Aye, picking him up for nothing would be a no brainer for a lot of EPL clubs, even just to have him as back up. Theyll still pay him £30,000 a week plus. I would love him to stay also but im pretty resigned to him going now and i reckon the club are the same.

Ajer has been injured for large parts of this season, when he's fit he's been a starter.
Fair enough, I honestly just looked at previous line-ups before posting it and he was in-and-out but if he's been injured fair enough. I don't necessarily think Ajer is a bad player, certainly has his flaws, but he is not a better player, or at least a better defender, than Goldson.

I’m trying not to be downbeat about the transfers but Gio did say he hoped to come out the window stronger than what we went in.

At present it’s Patterson out & Sands in, which leaves us considerably weaker at fullback & tbh not much stronger in midfield as we have too many.

Hopefully some stuff going on in the background.
I went into the window not expecting much movement at Rangers. Mostly based on this from GvB. Seemed to me his goal was not to lose any key players - and he hasn’t to date. So we’ve had Patterson out, Sands in and Souttar on a pre-contract. I’d not be surprised if that’s us done until Summer.

He told the media: “I don’t expect anything. You just have to be prepared, that’s the most important thing as a coach.

“You need to be ready for anything. Maybe nothing happens, maybe a lot, you never know.

“We will see at the end where we are as a club at the end of the window.

“As a coach you don’t want to get to the end of the window and have a smaller squad than when you started.

"We have to be prepared to decide what to do whatever comes our way.

Getting slightly concerned at the lack of activity.

We need to reinvest in the squad if we are going to sell players for the value we have done with Patterson. That was the model we were told would be adopted. There are areas where there is weakness and single points of success.

A RW and a No. 8 are required asap
There will be plenty of activity behind the scenes. This week will see clubs, players and agents activity become focused.

I went into the window not expecting much movement at Rangers. Mostly based on this from GvB. Seemed to me his goal was not to lose any key players - and he hasn’t to date. So we’ve had Patterson out, Sands in and Souttar on a pre-contract. I’d not be surprised if that’s us done until Summer.

He told the media: “I don’t expect anything. You just have to be prepared, that’s the most important thing as a coach.

“You need to be ready for anything. Maybe nothing happens, maybe a lot, you never know.

“As a coach you don’t want to get to the end of the window and have a smaller squad than when you started.

He also said last week he has a budget and hopes to add 'a player', mind you.

I am sure I read on here that Goldsons family wanted to move back south to be nearer their immediate family,not much we can do if this is the case.

Hopefully a good player who isn't even on our radar will join before the end of the window. After the Patterson sale it would be difficult not to be a bit disappointed we don't bring someone decent in.

I wasn’t expecting anything either, to be honest.

I still don't think we've a lot to play with. Michael Beale showed a bit of frustration in an insta post not too long ago I think didn't he regarding our transfer activity?

I'm presuming that the Patterson money has gone directly in to help the club which isn't a bad thing. Also, we do have a lot of key players returning.

Folk doing down a player who has been an unqualified success and our best central defender since Weir and Bougherra, never mind his leadership qualities and consistent availability. We’ll do very well if every signing is as big a success as Connor Goldson.
We all know why. I significant number of people on here had Katic as our best centre back a couple of years ago and made it their hill to die on, they constantly talked down Goldson and even after last season clearly haven’t managed to let go of it.

He also said last week he has a budget and hopes to add 'a player', mind you.
Oh I’ve no doubt he has a budget mate. I’m certain the Board will back him if the right player is available at the right price. I’m not sure that’s the case right now though, and I don’t see GvB as someone to go out and target his second, third or fourth choice if he can’t get the initial target. I think he’d choose to wait. He’s not a man to jump in and buy for the sake of it. He will see Summer as the time to put his stamp on this team.

Things change day-to-day during a transfer window, of course.

Oh I’ve no doubt he has a budget mate. I’m certain the Board will back him if the right player is available at the right price. I’m not sure that’s the case right now though, and I don’t see GvB as someone to go out and target his second, third or fourth choice if he can’t get the initial target. I think he’d choose to wait. He’s not a man to jump in and buy for the sake of it. He will see Summer as the time to put his stamp on this team.

Things change day-to-day during a transfer window, of course.

Agree and wrt goldson, we have a few like barker leaving for sure in the summer and maybe another sale for kamara or aribo so wages budget will likely be more flexible.

If we get cl then I’d like to see him stay with a 3yr deal, so consistently available - maybe even sell helander (& I rate him but his wage to appearance probably is not great)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back