Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think we've a lot to play with. Michael Beale showed a bit of frustration in an insta post not too long ago I think didn't he regarding our transfer activity?

I'm presuming that the Patterson money has gone directly in to help the club which isn't a bad thing. Also, we do have a lot of key players returning.

It wasn't frustration he was simply defending the job they did in developing players from an eejit having a go at him.

Spent some time at Ajax as a Youth, so probably known to Dave Vos if their times overlapped.

Hopefully something in it, even though I know nothing about him other than his Transfermkt stats (which are impressive!).

Both Borna and Katic rumours came from a random Twitter account from Croatia, so fingers crossed this is a real rumour this time!

Hopefully something in it, even though I know nothing about him other than his Transfermkt stats (which are impressive!).

Both Borna and Katic rumours came from a random Twitter account from Croatia, so fingers crossed this is a real rumour this time!
It’s not. See above mate

Total click bait. His own article says,
“The Scottish media have started to connect Murić and Rangers (he’s referring to Caskie who isn’t even media), but that will not happen. Murić is not close to being transferred to the ranks of the Scottish great.”

If we have no money the now surely there is an Ajax/feynoord winger we could take on loan with gio/dave vos connections.

Looks more and more likely we are going with what we have

If so its proper disappointing we are at this point weaker than we came into the window that's not how you improve as a team

What we do this week could possibly shape the outcome of the next 2/3 years. I think we’ve known from early in the season we were going to have a high turnover of players at the end of this season. Champions league is absolutely massive.

7/8m right now could be the investment that secures 2/3 years champions league money (£60-90m).

When we have gambled it has paid off, see summer 2020.

Patrick Cassie should be working for the scouting team in some capacity, mans absolutely obsessed with the stats and comes away with some interesting names
We already have analysts like that working for us, fair play to him though doing this in free time (no idea how he finds the time) but I feel people get a bit hung up on the guys he suggests.

What we do this week could possibly shape the outcome of the next 2/3 years. I think we’ve known from early in the season we were going to have a high turnover of players at the end of this season. Champions league is absolutely massive.

7/8m right now could be the investment that secures 2/3 years champions league money (£60-90m).

When we have gambled it has paid off, see summer 2020.
It’s beginning to look a lot like crumbs from the table again for us in terms of this window. I don’t think we need much but I’ll be aghast if we don’t sign a RW with pace.

Watch that video of Muric, I don’t know why we don’t sign players like that. If anything I’d rather we were overloaded with goalscoring wingers like that.

Total click bait. His own article says,
“The Scottish media have started to connect Murić and Rangers (he’s referring to Caskie who isn’t even media), but that will not happen. Murić is not close to being transferred to the ranks of the Scottish great.”

Well that’s put that one to bed fairly quickly.

This might be a whole different thread so apologies if so - if our management team, one clearly set up with working with younger players in mind, were happy to go with the squad we have and give more chances to players like King, Lowry and others rather than sign someone just now, would you accept that?

Sometimes you need to leave a space or two open if you want to promote younger players.

This might be a whole different thread so apologies if so - if our management team, one clearly set up with working with younger players in mind, were happy to go with the squad we have and give more chances to players like King, Lowry and others rather than sign someone just now, would you accept that?

Sometimes you need to leave a space or two open if you want to promote younger players.
Winning the league title is all that matters this season. With the changes to subs then guys like King and Lowry will be on the bench now more often than not.

But given what’s at stake, we can’t be caught sleeping. Two signings of genuine first team quality are required. Fast.

I'm starting to get the feeling we won't be bringing anyone else in before the window now, if we don't it's a mistake, the team needs fresh blood in the middle of the park especially.
I think there will be some very direct criticism and rightly so if we don't strengthen.

Look what happened in the summer and our failure to strengthen/freshen up the squad.

There is a £30 million plus jackpot on the line here and we have to win this league.

He looks great and good use of both feet, do NK Rijeka play in the Croatia top flight?
Yes, think they are top just now.

Aberdeen beat them in Europe a few years ago, they beat Hibs in Europe earlier this season (was a draw until Hibs got a man sent off)

If anyone is coming in it’s going to be late. January is a terrible month for transfers as clubs hold out for bigger fees and very rarely let someone go unless they have signed a replacement. Whilst IMO we do need an out and out right winger I don’t think it would be a disaster if no one comes in. Aribo coming home early is like a new signing and has already injected the fear into them. I have full belief in Gio and the rest of the back room team no matter what happens.

If anyone is coming in it’s going to be late. January is a terrible month for transfers as clubs hold out for bigger fees and very rarely let someone go unless they have signed a replacement. Whilst IMO we do need an out and out right winger I don’t think it would be a disaster if no one comes in. Aribo coming home early is like a new signing and has already injected the fear into them. I have full belief in Gio and the rest of the back room team no matter what happens.
It's an area we haven't really strengthened properly in quite sometime.

You could also say that about the midfield.

Another transfer window and it's the same concerns we all know need badly addressed.

The chance that Andreas Skov Olsen will go to the Jupiler Pro League seems to be very high. He was no longer drafted at Bologna. Bologna lost 2-1 to Verona in Serie A. Trainer Mihajlovic no longer drafted Andreas Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks, two international transfer targets.

"These are two players who are no longer happy here at Bologna and therefore have to leave," he said of the fact that the two did not play. "I can't have people on the team who retreat in times of need," he said.

Olsen is very close to a deal with Club Brugge. The final details of the deal worth around 5 million euros would be handled.

All I could find from today. As ever who knows reliability etc.
Is that Union flag made up by fans in photo.
Looks good

It’s beginning to look a lot like crumbs from the table again for us in terms of this window. I don’t think we need much but I’ll be aghast if we don’t sign a RW with pace.
Doesn’t even need to be a extremely pacy winger. Ideally want someone with a great output.

I think we will keek ourselves later on this week and we will see someone in. Staying realistic I could see Souttar, quality RW and a Bassey style deal at RB.

Dreamland would be them 3 plus ‘deadwood’ removed and a centre midfielder signed on a loan to buy effort. Plus Doekhi on a pre contract (although that doesn’t need to be done this window).

Getting slightly concerned at the lack of activity.

We need to reinvest in the squad if we are going to sell players for the value we have done with Patterson. That was the model we were told would be adopted. There are areas where there is weakness and single points of success.

A RW and a No. 8 are required asap
Well said

It's an area we haven't really strengthened properly in quite sometime.

You could also say that about the midfield.

Another transfer window and it's the same concerns we all know need badly addressed.
Completely agree with everything you’ve said, just think it boils down to the fact January is a nightmare of a window to sign people unless ooc or clubs needing to offload. There will be targets in mind it’s just securing them for the right money will be the issue I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back