Will there be a change of venue for the Scottish Cup tie v Annan Athletic?

Rule 10.4 of the SFA rules is the one that applies.

A club can't unilaterally just decide to move a game because it wants to.

Only if the ground doesn't meet suitability reasons i.e safety concerns, lack of facilities could it be moved.

Given that we played at Fraserburgh a few years ago and Annan twice in the 3rd division I see no reason why it will change.

Edit:

10.4 A Home Club shall notify the Board in the event that it considers that its Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match.

The Board may, itself, determine that a Home Club’s Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match.

The Board has complete and sole authority to make such a determination either on its own motion or consequentially upon notification from a Club.

In making a determination as to suitability of a Registered Ground for the playing of a Match, the Board may have regard to the criteria in Competition Rule 11 but it may also have regard to any other factor(s) it considers relevant.

In the event that the Board makes a determination that a Registered Ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Match, then the Match in question shall be played at such alternative Registered Ground as is determined by the Board.

In such circumstances the Clubs drawn to play in that Match shall, for all other purposes, retain their respective statuses of Home Club and Away Club as originally drawn.

11. Registered Ground Criteria

The Registered Ground of a Club participating in the Competition must:

11.1 be enclosed with a suitable barrier to keep spectators from gaining entry to the ground without payment;
11.2 have the following facilities inside the ground and closely adjacent to the playing field:
11.2.1 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for home
and visiting teams; and
11.2.2 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for Match
Officials;
11.3 comply with prevailing Health and Safety regulations, and, where applicable, have relevant certification issued by the local authority;
11.4 have appropriate facilities to provide refreshments for visiting players and Match Officials;
11.5 have adequate car parking provision for players and Match Officials;
11.6 have technical areas each capable of holding up to thirteen persons; and
11.7 have adequate toilet and catering facilities for spectators.

Last edited:

Only if the ground doesn't meet suitability reasons i.e safety concerns, lack of facilities could it be moved.

Given that we played at Fraserburgh a few years ago and Annan twice in the 3rd division I see no reason why it will change.
And the scum just played Alloa

Smart thing for them, switch it Ibrox

You're getting pumped out anyway. So why not get half of a 35-40k gate?
It's happened in the past where a small club would agree to switch it to Ibrox. Don't think this can happen now. It would have to be a different but bigger ground.

Fair enough.

It's happened in the past where a small club would agree to switch it to Ibrox. Don't think this can happen now. It would have to be a different but bigger ground.
I don't think the fixture reserve ever happened in the Scottish Cup, sure some games were played at another venue

The FA Cup it was allowed until it got ditched in the early 2000s

Only possibility could be safety concerns with the large travelling support, there will be fans trying to get in with no ticket or fake tickets going about like there was at Fraserburgh a few seasons back

Smart thing for them, switch it Ibrox

You're getting pumped out anyway. So why not get half of a 35-40k gate?
I said that when draw came out could be a really good payday for them, look at Stirling they say that sets them up for a couple of years, but someone came back saying get real ya madman or something along those lines, Personally I agree would make perfect sense and give their players a good day out no doubt might be some bears supporters in their team who would love that

Albion Rovers moved the game to Hamilton when we played them a few years ago due to their ground not being fit for purpose. Don't see Annan moving it given they've been able to hold our support in the past plus they would maybe lose cash asking another club to use their ground.

Only possibility could be safety concerns with the large travelling support, there will be fans trying to get in with no ticket or fake tickets going about like there was at Fraserburgh a few seasons back
This would surely fall under safety concerns?
Only 500 seats. The possibility of loads of fans arriving and trying to gain entry into a small ground.

This would surely fall under safety concerns?
Only 500 seats. The possibility of loads of fans arriving and trying to gain entry into a small ground.
Happened in 2012/13 in terms quality of the tickets Annan were producing for the 1st game

In the end Rangers printed their own tickets for the 1st game while the Scottish Football League done it for the 2nd game

If we hadn't already played there then there could be concerns over safety etc

This talk of moving grounds is nonsense

Thats the beauty of the scottish cup no?

Travelling to grounds that we might not be at again if we get 1,000 tickets so be it

I agree. If its just about the money dont bother playing the game. Just give them a lump sum.

Al it said to be played 12/13 Feb when the draw was made....
I`ll be scunnered if it`s Monday 14th.
They always state the weekend dates didn't stop a Thursday and Friday night game in the 4th round for broadcast reasons

Friday night is ruled out due the midweek fixture card in the Premiership

Saturday lunchtime, BBC have Wales v Scotland in the 6 Nations so that basically out a game for them at that time

I wonder if plod will film everyone travelling by train like they did previously taking names etc for no reason.

Fucking cunts.
When the build up to the football bill was in full swing, police were absolute cunts to the bears getting off that train from what I was told.

I remember we took a bus to each game down there.

Edit:

10.4 A Home Club shall notify the Board in the event that it considers that its Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match.

The Board may, itself, determine that a Home Club’s Registered Ground is unsuitable, for whatever reason, for the playing of a Match.

The Board has complete and sole authority to make such a determination either on its own motion or consequentially upon notification from a Club.

In making a determination as to suitability of a Registered Ground for the playing of a Match, the Board may have regard to the criteria in Competition Rule 11 but it may also have regard to any other factor(s) it considers relevant.

In the event that the Board makes a determination that a Registered Ground is unsuitable for the playing of a Match, then the Match in question shall be played at such alternative Registered Ground as is determined by the Board.

In such circumstances the Clubs drawn to play in that Match shall, for all other purposes, retain their respective statuses of Home Club and Away Club as originally drawn.

11. Registered Ground Criteria

The Registered Ground of a Club participating in the Competition must:

11.1 be enclosed with a suitable barrier to keep spectators from gaining entry to the ground without payment;
11.2 have the following facilities inside the ground and closely adjacent to the playing field:
11.2.1 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for home
and visiting teams; and
11.2.2 separate changing, showering and toilet facilities accommodation for Match
Officials;
11.3 comply with prevailing Health and Safety regulations, and, where applicable, have relevant certification issued by the local authority;
11.4 have appropriate facilities to provide refreshments for visiting players and Match Officials;
11.5 have adequate car parking provision for players and Match Officials;
11.6 have technical areas each capable of holding up to thirteen persons; and
11.7 have adequate toilet and catering facilities for spectators.
11.8 have a big enough stadium for thousands and thousands of Bears to have a day out.

Sad it cant be moved to Ibrox. I'm sure Anna would much prefer had it been played at Ibrox for a much bigger cut of the gate

Back