Itten and Bacuna

Bangersbc

I know many on here arn't Smitten with Itten and would gladly send Bacuna Back, but they were both given a chance to impress against Stirling and for me took their opportunity well.

Bacuna with 2 good assists (a no look side foot to lowry and inch perfect through ball to fashion) but I remember him busting a gut to get back and push the opposition out wide when they were on the counter from a corner - things we all like to see!

Cedric on the other hand could have had a hattrick but for some good saves, blocks, and blatent shirt pulls, but his overall game was good too with some lovely hold up play, the odd creative flick and generally being a nightmare to the (admittedly significantly poorer) opposition.

Whilst wee Alex rightly got the plaudits at the weekend, I thought it fair to give credit where it is due to 2 players who often get more of the rough than the smooth in here.

Well done lads!

I think Bacuna runs himself in to trouble quite a bit and needs to think - he can get away with it against the likes of Stirling Albion who can't match our fitness, or perhaps against teams who come at us and we can get them on the break but for the SPFL jobbers who will sit in, I think he'll struggle.

There's a player in Itten who I think is more suited to a 442 than a 433. A Prso (albeit not quite at the same level) in need of a Novo.

Both need to contribute when given the chance before end of season, if not then we need to be getting rid in the summer
Agreed thought Bacuna looked lazy at times on Friday where he had the chance to shine against poorer opposition who also didn't be over physical.

Itten will be a bit player where we need to change approach I reckon.

Bacuna will be gone in the summer, imo.

As will Itten actually.

Don’t see either playing with the tempo or aggression needed to be successful in their respective positions.

Bacuna looks like he has a nice weight of pass, but I don’t see where he fits.

I don’t see him being mobile enough to play in the middle and I don’t think he’s the right fit for our 10.

IMHO, if we want an attacking front three, we`d use Sakala - Itten/Morelos - Roofe, and anyone else behind them. I don`t think Sakala`s best slot is wide-left, though he did make his best when used there. Both Roofe and Sakala can play on either left- or right-sided attacking position, Itten is sure a centre forward best utilized in the middle. And most importantly, all three don`t look for passes first and foremost, but want to shoot and hit the target. All depends on the game at hand.
Bacuna looked somewhat off for the first 30odd minutes, but got ino the game afterwards, 2 cool assists speak their own language. Sometimes who looks "Miami-Vice-stye gangsta" lackadaisical, then he plays some pin-point passes out of his foot that you'd not expect or steps past players as if they are not there.
We simply need to use the players top the best of their abilities and according to the task at hand ... and in such cases, Itten and Bacuna will do their job.

Both are nowhere near good enough for Rangers & if we're having to rely on either of them then we've had a terrible time with injuries

I know many on here arn't Smitten with Itten and would gladly send Bacuna Back, but they were both given a chance to impress against Stirling and for me took their opportunity well.

Bacuna with 2 good assists (a no look side foot to lowry and inch perfect through ball to fashion) but I remember him busting a gut to get back and push the opposition out wide when they were on the counter from a corner - things we all like to see!

Cedric on the other hand could have had a hattrick but for some good saves, blocks, and blatent shirt pulls, but his overall game was good too with some lovely hold up play, the odd creative flick and generally being a nightmare to the (admittedly significantly poorer) opposition.

Whilst wee Alex rightly got the plaudits at the weekend, I thought it fair to give credit where it is due to 2 players who often get more of the rough than the smooth in here.

Well done lads!
Itten needs to get a bit of nasty streak about him, he is too passive for our target option (if that’s what he is). He doesn’t seem to be as adept at the physical side of things or back to goal hold up etc. And for someone not blessed with pace (without being slow either) he needs this string to his bow, especially when we come up against packed defences or when we need to get up the park in European games when we might be playing better opposition.

Bacuna, is technically good and also appreciated his off the ball work the other night but he needs to take more care of the ball and choose the correct option more often than he is right now. Can’t remember which game it was but I think it was the last European group game I thought he was great as his good touch meant he could take the ball under pressure and draw fouls - got done stick that night on here but I thought he was great.

People saying no to Bacuna but yes to Itten are doing it for reasons outwith football. Itten has shown nothing to make me think he is of our quality. Bacuna has at least shown flashes of what he can do.

I reckon Bacuna is a much better player than folk on here give him credit for. I'm hoping he starts tomorrow night, and also that he features more often for the rest of the season, now that the 5 subs rule is back.

Well done lads!
Both had dreadful first halves and slightly improved second halves.

Those performances will see them out the door sooner rather than later. They need to step it up quickly.

Bacuna will be gone in the summer, imo.

As will Itten actually.

Don’t see either playing with the tempo or aggression needed to be successful in their respective positions.

Bacuna looks like he has a nice weight of pass, but I don’t see where he fits.

I don’t see him being mobile enough to play in the middle and I don’t think he’s the right fit for our 10.

Agreed.

Worth pointing out Bacuna was dreadful 1st half against Stirling Albion.

I reckon Bacuna is a much better player than folk on here give him credit for. I'm hoping he starts tomorrow night, and also that he features more often for the rest of the season, now that the 5 subs rule is back.
I don't think anyone can question Bacuna's technical ability, he clearly has a bit of skill, an eye for a pass and a decent longshot on him. Whether he has the dig and work rate to control a midfield for us is another question, but we won't know the answer until he has been given more than just 10 minute cameos.

Both will probably get an opportunity tomorrow and need to take their chance.

Bacuna has ability but I think he needs an extended run of games before we see the best of him and I don’t think we can afford that just now

Itten is a decent squad option but he is levels below Morelos and Roofe when fit

Itten is a good squad player. He's not going to replace Morelos but we have 5 subs this season. If we go a couple of goals up, he can come on, give Morelos a rest and he's good enough that it doesn't ruin the game.

I like him and hope he gets the next few games Morelos is on international duty. He will score by bundling the ball over the line with his thigh in the Old Firm.

I'd need to see more of Bacuna but I don't think we will see that much of him. Looks talented but that only gets you half of the way.

I am not against Bacuna starting tomorrow, but would I trust him against them?? The answer is no. He won't get the same time on the ball and I would be concerned about him getting caught out.

He'd probably do well coming on with 20 minutes to go when they are burst to pieces. His passing would be a massive asset.

The early chance Itten had on Friday night that he couldn’t get a hold of to force over the line kind of summed him up for me.

There’s an awkwardness about him that just doesn’t convince he’s going to make the most of opportunities like that, and yet on the other hand he is occasionally capable of superb goals like Motherwell last season at Fir Park or Lech Poznan in the Europa League.

I suspect neither he nor Bacuna will be here next season.

I must be alone in thinking Bacuna was poor against Stirling Albion.

Your not alone, but people will tell you he delivered two assists. He had a poor first half - wasteful in possession and got caught in possession. A better team may have capitalised on the mistake on the edge of our own area. GvB certainly wasn’t impressed on a few occassions.

Goal aside I thought Itten was average. Like he was trying too hard. Should have burst the net 1st half.

Don’t see much in either player tbh. Let’s see what Gio thinks.

Itten i like and needs a run in the team to benefit but may not be possible.
Bacuna ,nope ,had a shocking first half last week and only came into the game when our opponents tired .Def has skill but not good enough for Rangers i'm afraid on his showings to date

Bacuna should start tomorrow in the no10 position, with aribo on the bench hopefully. Itten will most likely be 3rd choice, he’s just not good enough. Miles below the quality of someone like roofe. Itten in order to be a good striker for us needs to be far more aggressive, he plays too nice, he needs a ruthless streak.

Itten is the best poacher we have now JD has gone. Some people think he’s clumsy but i’m seeing a guy who is very clever in the box and always manages to get his head or a toe on something. A lot of the touches he has in the box Alfie wouldn’t even get to. Different players but we should judge Itten on his merits, not unfair comparisons with different types of player.

i’d have no qualms playing Itten against the filth - in fact i sincerely hope we do

I'd like to see Itten in a Lafferty-type role. Gives us an out-ball and an extra dimension when teams are parking the bus.

He'll never be a world-beater but a useful SPFL level forward to make the difference at crucial moments against the weaker sides.

Something I really like about Bacuna, I think with a run he could be hugely influential. Also understand the frustrations with him

His problem is he drifts in and out of games far too often and loses possession a lot. Nice in flashes though.

Bacuna in the no.10 tomorrow night please. I do not want to see a midfield 3 of Kamara Sands and Lundstram

Well done lads!
No need to be this cringy

I don’t know?
Not being funny but why post that then? I'm thinking to myself has Bacuna had disciplinary issues that I've missed but not to my knowledge. As I posted above, I think that both have a lot to offer used in the right way, hopefully see more of that under Gio.

Bacuna should be starting at home to Livingston. Type of game where his guile and trickery can make the difference and he can be encouraged to take risks since Livingston will be sitting deep for the majority of the match.
I like Bacuna.
He maybe is trying to impress a bit too much and that is why he is tasking risks.
Perhaps if he was given a wee run he would relax into a more settled game.
There is no doubt that he is a clever footballer.
In some ways, he reminds me of Russel Lapaty.

I must be alone in thinking Bacuna was poor against Stirling Albion.

First half he looked disinterested. He came on to a game and had some nice touches, assisted for 2 goals.

It was a poor team performance (more lack of fluency) against Stirling Albion with the majority not having had many starts or any minutes this season.

To be honest his goal aside Sakala looked every bit a Stirling Albion player but we know he is capable of much more.

I see more in Bacuna than Itten. He glides with the ball with deceiving pace and just looks overall like a good footballer but I understand why folk don't rate him, he has plenty of flaws that need worked on.

Itten is a guy I just don't see it with. Caught on his heels too often and seems to have next to no composure on the ball when given time and space.

Back