Daily Record circulation down 14% in a year, Sunday Mail down 17%

Not nice to laugh at others misfortune.

Hey ho .......

vuVDDOU.gif

I used to deliver newspapers subbied(sic) to John Menzies. The Record sold just under a million copies. My van used to be heaving and illegally overweight at the start of my shift mainly due to the bales of records.

75,000? The job must be a fucking dawdle now.

Glorious. Get it right up them.

They'll probably still get a lot of online hits which is how they'll make their money these days all papers will be digital only fairly soon

My granny had a saying about a certain group of people ruining everything they touch.

I think they are just accelerating that demise, printed press has been on a downward spiral for years in the whole of the UK, I used to get the Record and Sun on a Saturday and the Sunday Mail and News of the world delivered every weekend, I bought the Express in the lead up to the referendum and buy the occasional Sunday Express if the wife is wanting a paper.

I would be surprised if anybody under 60 bought a newspaper. Would be like your mother sending you a text and then writing the same message on a bit of paper and sending it first class so you got it next day.

Genuinely thought it would be more,think I know about one person that actually buys a paper and he's nearly 70

Fewer people buy physical papers partly because many people get their news online. It's not really the death of media, more an evolution of sorts. The Daily Record will still exist online. You only need to head to the forum to see how many times people link MSM websites, or get news from them, over the course of a day. What we'll probably see in the next ten years are online-only newspapers similar to what the Independent did years and years ago.

The were offered their jobs back if they agreed to new HR rules and specific training. Only one refused I believe
Correct. Only one balloon couldn’t manage to bring himself to trot out the standard “that’s not my current belief system now and I apologise unreservedly for my historical actions” line. Probably not even a direct employee so didn’t give a monkies chuff.

Anyways, print media is moving more online so stop clicking their links and don’t subscribe to their social media channels either. If there’s a story to be discussed here, put a link to keep us right but then extract the content to save multiple users clicking on it. Voila.

Back