Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by Gios press conference he definitely wants to bring in a player, only if it's the right player though . There is no point in adding any old shaite just for the sake of it in other words. We have enough players like that already contributing very little.

My opinion is we don’t rush & sign a replacement for Hagi.

Murphy picked up a bad injury & we went & spent 2/3 million on Grezda. Unless the player is certain starter I think Gio should back the squad & get the most outta each player.

For example look how well Bassey has contributed since he’s came into team because of injury. Get the most outta each individual. Aribo is back from Saturday & I believe Fashion S can be a star for us.

Keep the cash till the summer.

If we get enough of our first team fit we should still win the league.
If Celtic's scattergun approach and hiring of a coach with limited experience of European football turns into a successful season for them then even with injuries there will be questions about more than transfer policies, surely.

Murphy picked up a bad injury & we went & spent 2/3 million on Grezda. Unless the player is certain starter I think Gio should back the squad & get the most outta each player.

For example look how well Bassey has contributed since he’s came into team because of injury. Get the most outta each individual. Aribo is back from Saturday & I believe Fashion S can be a star for us.

We already needed someone for the wide right before Hagi news. Even more of a priority now!

Pmsl. Toys have been chucked!
It's getting like a match day thread in here,lol,people panicking. We just have to go with the gaffer,no doubt he'll be in constant dialogue with RW. I don't know why press people keep asking if they will bring anyone in,he must get fed up with it and won't reveal anything until any deal is done. As for Rahman going on about Clancy when it's the Board that's flagged him up.

Yes but they rejected a 3rd bid from Bournemouth today. Think it was 2mill plus add ons
He is worth more than that to them definitely. Many of their fans think he is their best player and makes their team tick, so probably their best hope at getting promotion and EPL finances will dwarf £2m.

We could do with a couple of first team additions with a bit of X Factor but bear in mind how difficult the Jan window often is for getting the players you want. It wont be straightforward for Wilson to just get who he wants without resistance

Im a bit pessimistic on getting anyone in, he is correct in what he says but when a manager says that it has to be the right one it usually means that theres nothing imminent or even in the pipeline. Hope im surprised but i have a feeling we will be going with what we have. And if thats the case its a big gamble.

McGregor McLaughlin
Tavernier King
Goldson Balogun
Helander Simpson
Barisic Bassey
Arfield Jack
Kamara Davis
Aribo Bacuna
RWM Wright
Kent Sakala
Morelos Roofe

Cover: GK McCrorie DF Sands
MF Lundstram AMF Lowry ST Itten

Unavailable: Hagi Ofoborh

Reserves: Firth Barker Hastie

An assessment of the squad as it stands.

Whats the alternative?

Gio is not going to play Sakala RW. He hasn't even subbed him on there since Hearts, nevermind start him.

'Keep cash till summer' is not an option.

Pmsl. Toys have been chucked!
There was a sense of 'panic' on here before today's news. Now it's off the scale.

If GvB thinks he needs reinforcements and the right player is available then the Club will try to get him. If he doesn't, then we won't be spending money just for the sake of it. I'm fine with that, personally. We already have the squad capable of winning the title.

The squad is too big as it is we are on 29 players and that's before you consider the likes of Alex Lowry. The club has to start running itself at some point as well without shareholders putting their money in so the Patterson money will allow that to happen as well as money going to off field projects.

There will be some money there to spend but given how big the squad is its understandable the board maybe reluctant to allow any more players to come in.
And I don’t disagree we have a lot of players, but there are so many injury prone ones e.g. Helander, Balogun, Jack, Davis, Arfield, Roofe. We also have no proper RB cover, no effective RW option, and several that don’t appear to be good enough for the way we play or don’t suit this league e.g. Simpson, Lundstram, Bacuna, Itten, Wright. This is a massive season financially. We can’t afford to blow it.

McGregor McLaughlin
Tavernier King
Goldson Balogun
Helander Simpson
Barisic Bassey
Arfield Jack
Kamara Davis
Aribo Bacuna
RWM Wright
Kent Sakala
Morelos Roofe

Cover: GK McCrorie DF Sands
MF Lundstram AMF Lowry ST Itten

Unavailable: Hagi Ofoborh

Reserves: Firth Barker Hastie

An assessment of the squad as it stands.

Generally good looking at that, subject to RW mate, however having RJ & Scotty & Roofe in there given their injury records gives an additional element of risk imo.

The three of them are very good players if fit & on form.

Reactions: cav
If GvB thinks he needs reinforcements and the right player is available then the Club will try to get him. If he doesn't, then we won't be spending money just for the sake of it. I'm fine with that, personally. We already have the squad capable of winning the title.
We are clearly thin in the wide forward role, I think it is legitimate that people expected we would make an addition there in this window. We are relying on Scott Wright on the right-wing at the moment.

He had already answered a question on Souttar, it clearly wasn’t who he was referring to.
I hope it's a more attacking option winger/no10 type player but we haven't heard of anything being far down the line with any new signings yet apart from Souttar

Didn't Gio take into account the mental fragility of some of the knicker wringers that frequent this site when telling us the Hagi news before a signing has been announced?

Poor from the manager.

B-)
I'm more concerned losing Alfie than I am Hagi and I think we have adequate cover for Hagi,but Alfie going to Columbia will be a miss and I just hope we can negotiate these games he's away. Roofe just isn't the same,maybe with Kent and Sakala might work but I don't expect him to cover the ground Alfie does.

I'm more concerned losing Alfie than I am Hagi and I think we have adequate cover for Hagi,but Alfie going to Columbia will be a miss and I just hope we can negotiate these games he's away. Roofe just isn't the same,maybe with Kent and Sakala might work but I don't expect him to cover the ground Alfie does.

Really?!? Our Swiss International striker doesn't e en make it into your consideration?!?! Way too harsh on Itten...

We are clearly thin in the wide forward role, I think it is legitimate that people expected we would make an addition there in this window. We are relying on Scott Wright on the right-wing at the moment.
I don't disagree - but I'm happy to take the same line as the Manager. If we can get the right man at the right price then great. If its a third or fourth choice barrel-scraper then 'no thanks'.

To paraphrase, slightly, Gio van Bronckhorst
“We are looking to add a player, to the squad, but as I said before he has to be a player who we think is right, you don’t want to get players in to just make up the numbers. We are definitely looking to add a player in the coming days."

Really?!? Our Swiss International striker doesn't e en make it into your consideration?!?! Way too harsh on Itten...
No because he’s hopeless a goal against Stirling Albion doesn’t change that he was chronic for most of the game he’s scored something like 3 goals in 40 odd games that’s no where near the calibre of player we need.

In
Whats the alternative?

Gio is not going to play Sakala RW. He hasn't even subbed him on there since Hearts, nevermind start him.

'Keep cash till summer' is not an option.
In my opinion we have 3 very good options for wide right…Fashion, Wright & Aribo. Unless we have a great option in transfer window I wouldn’t be rushing to spend money like we did with Grezda.

In

In my opinion we have 3 very good options for wide right…Fashion, Wright & Aribo. Unless we have a great option in transfer window I wouldn’t be rushing to spend money like we did with Grezda.
Nail on head.

These players are there with a chance that’s not been presented too often - a run of games in the team.

Time to step up and make an impact.

No because he’s hopeless a goal against Stirling Albion doesn’t change that he was chronic for most of the game he’s scored something like 3 goals in 40 odd games that’s no where near the calibre of player we need.
I don't think he is the Swiss Mbappe or anything, but stats like that are sometimes pointless at face value. At Greuther Furth he might have only scored 2 goals in 12, but he was still one of the top scorers which shows how shite they are, even Morelos would struggle scoring in that team.

As for last season with us, he made 38 appearances but it was just under 13 games worth of minutes and he scored 6 goals and assisted 3. He isn't perfect, but nowhere near as bad as '3 goals in 40 odd games' makes him out to be.

Most of those games have been 10 minutes cameos and you know it. He scored multiple goals in pre-season and if you had actually watched the Stirling game you will have seen Currie pulled off a brilliant save to deny him from close range, he should have had a penalty after his shirst was pulled, and actually most of the game looked lively (a gorgeous wee flick to Sakala(?) inside the box later in the second half) and FAR from chronic.

I think if that was the debut performance of a new £3m signing we'd have all been pretty sldamned happy, so let's give Itten the benefit of the doubt, eh?

In my opinion we have 3 very good options for wide right…Fashion, Wright & Aribo.
Aribo already starts in a different position, and neither Wright nor Sakala are great options wide right.

We could really do with someone who is really natural there and of a higher quality than Wright.

In

I agree we don’t want a player just for the sake of it Russell, however Aribo has found his optimum position behind Alfredo.

Also, if he plays right, which he absolutely can, who goes into that more central position ?

Wright ? I’m now having severe doubts about his mental strength to be a starter for Rangers. And especially at tough away venues eg Pittodrie last week.

In

You would put Aribo out wide right, when he has been the best player in the country at AM? Crazy.

Wright isn't good enough to be a starter there, and GVB does not like Fashion there.

As opposed to the summer when we might be known to be bringing in 40 million?
I have faith in Gio as well as wilson if he doesn't add to squad he must have confidence in what he has, albeit things can happen quickly especially if we lose any of our key players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back