Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? if Gio thinks they're good enough then he'll give them a chance, and if they do the job then what does it matter how many first team games they've played, how do you think the dutch have so many youngsters coming through their systems? by giving them a chance, the dutch thinking towards youth and the british is completely different, they have no qualms on playing youths if they think the player is good enough, which is an attitude we should adopt, especially in money poor leagues like ours

How many 18 year old Dutch players have been part of a tight title race between Rangers and Celtic where every game they are under pressure?

The answer is 0. Probably a reason for that.

How many 18 year old Dutch players have been part of a tight title race between Rangers and Celtic where every game they are under pressure?

Made me think of Evander Sno but looks like he was 19.
Half point for that?

Do you know how percentages work?
No prey tell? Insert face palm emoji!!

The point is their chairman was inferring a monetary value in his own mind and relaying that to his fan base when the large % was talked about by him, he will be raging if the quoted £500k is the figure the sell on % is on.

For us however he was just a wage burden and we’re cutting our losses, quite a well structured deal from our side, Gio will have had a big say in saying to Wilson to get rid if the opportunity presents itself. We can enter a sell fee and hope the English market pays us out further down the line.

Have to honest, I'm not getting it with Simons. Will he be a first team gamechanger for us? What is the long term benefit for us?

Just not convinced he's what we need
18 and getting game time with PSG, aye he'd be first team gamechanger.

Gio potentially been told to move 1 or 2 on in addition to the Patterson sale before he can bring someone in?

The squad is huge. So I'd imagine that's the case. Wages are the biggest drain on our finances. If a player isn't in the managers plans, then getting them out the door is the best way to raise cash to bring players in the door.

If Bacuna goes we are far weaker than we started the window, plus weve lost Hagi, something isnt right behind the scenes in my opinion.
Calm down and Join the dots. Gio quoted Money available & he hopes to bring someone in. We clear another wage from a non contributing player to allow incoming player(s)

Clearly there is a need to get rid of players not playing so as to free up wages to bring in someone who will contribute.

Was worried until I saw this outgoing but now convinced an incoming is done

Calm down and Join the dots. Gio quoted Money available & he hopes to bring someone in. We clear another wage from a non contributing player to allow incoming player(s)

Clearly there is a need to get rid of players not playing so as to free up wages to bring in someone who will contribute.

Was worried until I saw this outgoing but now convinced an incoming is done

thats how I felt seeing it

The squad is huge. So I'd imagine that's the case. Wages are the biggest drain on our finances. If a player isn't in the managers plans, then getting them out the door is the best way to raise cash to bring players in the door.
Was thinking the same. Wouldn’t imagine Patterson was on a huge wage either so his exit wouldn’t of reduced the wage bill much.

Lundstram not getting a look in again with Sands and Lowry going in ahead of him for example.

If we can get someone to take him on before the window closes then it’s decent wages freed up

Surely nobody expected Lundstram to start tonight anyway? Sands played at Aberdeen and was rested against Stirling Albion.

Ajax does it, and I'm sure they're in a title race with PSV this season, to say we can't give youth a chance because we're in a title race is nonsensical, cause we're in one every season, if they're good enough then they play, I'd bet Gio sees it that way too, no one cares about the players age

If Bacuna goes we are far weaker than we started the window, plus weve lost Hagi, something isnt right behind the scenes in my opinion.

e05ddf60574606562061562fec498be1.png

We weren't even going to start Lowry against Stirling Albion.

He'll be lucky to make 5 apps the rest of the season.
Starting tonight so I guess I was right, he’s essentially bumped Bacuna in the pecking order deeming Bacuna surplus to requirements.

Ajax does it, and I'm sure they're in a title race with PSV this season, to say we can't give youth a chance because we're in a title race is nonsensical, cause we're in one every season, if they're good enough then they play, I'd bet Gio sees it that way too, no one cares about the players age

Didn't ask if Ajax or PSV do it, I asked about the Rangers having ever done it.

People are acting like we paid a huge fee for Bacuna & took a bath on a huge amount of money to move him on.

If anything it's actually good news we've managed to. Lots of folk getting was too upset.

We were a shop window, cost next to nothing.

We've freed a wage....move on.

Agreed, but we need a squad, if we dobt sign anyone then in my opinion something is far wrong.

We needed strengthened before the Patterson sale, now Bacuna, Kelly and lost Hagi to injury.
I'm what way is "something...far wrong"?

We've lost Hagi to injury and 4 players have left that were hardly first picks. In fact, Patterson aside, they rarely made matchday squads.

Bacuna could have been earmarked as a replacement for Hagi but he would have been a downgrade.

To me, it is clear we are intent on bringing someone in now (we probably always were)

There is no need for such sensationalism as your post.

Last edited:
People are acting like we paid a huge fee for Bacuna & took a bath on a huge amount of money to move him on.

If anything it's actually good news we've managed to. Lots of folk getting was too upset.

We were a shop window, cost next to nothing.

We've freed a wage....move on.
Wash your mouth out with soap.

For all I'm pretty much shitting myself about whether or not we sign anyone, this window in comparison to most January's has been wild.

Players are no longer thinking about finishing a season where they are if a club comes in - they're taking up the moved immediately.

There are probably clubs across Europe desperate to shed players for various reasons, many much weaker financially than us.

Just hope we are able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I guess for all the Patterson fee was massive, his weekly wage was relative peanuts, so probably didn’t bring down the wage bill enough.

Bacuna would have been on good money - so that should free up some wages.

Patterson, Kelly, Defoe and Bacuna off the wage bill is decent going in terms of wages freed up.
Lundstram and Barker gone, even if we have to take a bit of a hit on the latter would be a cracking window in that respect too.

Without affecting the first team squad greatly either.

Warburtons first season was a great thread I was on holiday sitting by the pool as signings were made Halliday on trial etc, great fun.

I've just logged into this one and scrolled from page 17, I've no idea what's happening now :)
I remember reading about Barton and being absolutely buzzing was having the time of my life! What a fuckin comedown lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back