Thoughts on tonight

TerrySilverLoyal

That was a grind

Really made hard work out of that. But most importantly with the result in the other game. A massive 3 points.

Tonight was the definition of a pendulum swinging back and forth between the two games. If hearts took that penalty.

Nevertheless all we can do is just keep winning and they can’t do a thing about it.

Now on to the game.

Wright - nowhere near good enough to start. He will go back to being a sub one game turn in a decent showing then call for him to start and then produces hee haw in the next few games.

Itten - vanilla ice cream. Not aggressive enough not clinical enough. Maybe harsh given he’s just back but we are in a title race and there’s no time to sugar coat it. An option I guess but never the main man. Criminal not finishing that chance by lowry.

Lowry - should never set foot in the B team again. Maybe getting carried away. And lot of things to improve on but enough shown in the last 2 games to suggest there’s no need to drop back down to that level now and can improve with better players around him. Should have had assist and just floats and glides about the pitch. Huge potential.

The front 3 going forward should be Kent Morelos and sakala or until such times we pull the finger out and actually get players in and when Morelos is back.

Roofe obviously a big player when he comes up to sharpness

Also a big shoutout to Jack who looked good when he came on. I myself said I thought he’d be closer to the end of his rangers career than the peak of it so I hope I’m wrong which wouldn’t be the first time. A huge player if he stays fit

We will be so much better when Joe comes back in

Up front we ain’t great.

We need a signing pronto.

Kent back in the team for Wright will be huge too.

Lowry is a real talent.

Itten isn’t good enough for Rangers.

Sakala would be brilliant if he knew when to pass and if he could add some composure to his finishing.

Ryan Jack goes right back into that midfield.

We were extremely poor,
Sands was like a Duck out of water.
Midfield was poor until Arfield then Jack came on.
We need reinforcements it’s not even in question, Failure to Freshen up the squad will cost us the League.

We're huffing and puffing at the moment. I know there's good reason for that with the players we're missing but this is a title race and we've got a massive game on the horizon.

The manager and the players need some help, we need 2 solid additions before the window shuts.

Conditions were brutal tonight, wins a win at the end of the day with so many games coming up so soon.

We knew our situation with the squad, Livvy were unbeaten in 6 games.

Wright was awful again.

It was painful but you could have predicted that with the starting team and the weather conditions plus the fact Livi are a very well organised side.

I would have bitten your hands off for a 1-0 win at kick-off but needless to say we need big improvements going forward.

Job done. Look forward to Joe & Kent’s return.
Criminal that we’re without our main striker due to international football

No Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Aribo and we could only give Roofe and Arfield the last 25 ( ish ) mins.

We struggled going forward but looked untroubled at the back.

we were extremely poor , mainly for the reasons above. but we won. take it and move on

3 points and that’s all that matters.

A bit concerned with our performances tho. To slow. Too predictable. Too safe and to disjointed.

A lot ti improve on.

Out of Sakala, Itten and Wright, only Sakala showed glimpses of being a regular starter.

It was a tough watch but when we brought on Arfield and Roofe it went a lot smoother

Attacking options from midfield are lacking , scott wright isnt good enough , itten isnt good enough

Another vital 3 points. We just need to get through the games without Kent, Aribo etc without losing ground and ideally get a right winger and centre mid in that improve the team. But I would honestly take just one of those two if there aren’t targets available at the right price.

Celtic blowing out their arse after 60 minutes again. Hearts were very poor until they scored and then they should have got level with the pk. Coat of paint from 2-2. The sooner spl teams realise this and make the proper adjustments the better.

What a huge 3 points. Had post-break 2019 and 2020 written all over it.

Shows how much we are going to miss Alfredo when he finally goes.

Shows how important that Tunisia v Nigeria game was.

Absolutely ridiculous we have none of Kent, Morelos and Aribo starting this game.

Fashion Sakala could become an all time great.

Alex Lowry. A star is born.

3 points closer to the title.

Hopefully a nudge to the board that a good signing or two means we have a much better chance of us having the champions league coin instead of the scum.

We haven't played well for quite a few matches now.

We're doing just about enough but it's hard work. Wright was awful tonight and so was Itten. We seriously need a couple of players to add something to the first team.

Back