Alex Lowry - A star is born

Looks decent but I’d much rather we didn’t get carried away ad let this boy grow

Big future ahead

Hugely exciting player who deserves a run with the full first choice supporting cast around him.

A lot of what looks good in Skov Olsens youtube clip I feel Lowry looks capable of.

His footwork in the box was sensational, lets give him the platform to build and play with our best.

What’s the rules with 1st team appearances and being in the B team? Is it 5 appearances then no longer permitted to play for B team?
Can play 5 times for the First team and then can't play for the B Team again until the next transfer window opens. However, I've no idea if the games count when played DURING a transfer window. I'd imagine they will.

Hugely exciting player who deserves a run with the full first choice supporting cast around him.

A lot of what looks good in Skov Olsens youtube clip I feel Lowry looks capable of.

His footwork in the box was sensational, lets give him the platform to build and play with our best.
good shout

The boy is a special talent, and he will learn with each game he plays with the international players around him, a great prospect,

This lad can do whatever he likes in football. He’s the best young player to come through since Barry Ferguson, hell, he may even turn out to be better.

Hands up, I got it wrong. Not in terms of Lowry's ability but tonight's game went exactly as I expected. I thought the pressure from the crowd, and the fact he was the only playmaker in midfield, was asking too much of the lad.

He showed tonight he has what it takes in terms of personality and mentality to make it at Rangers. His ability was never in doubt.

Sakala the main man for me tonight though.
Just need better finishing, especially with Lowry putting them on a plate for Ced.

Very encouraging signs so far and I’m enjoying seeing him emerge but too early to get carried away.

Last edited:
Great ability and for me stays in and around the squad now. Once he puts a bit of muscle on like Barry F did as he progressed we have a real quality player here.

Young lad played very well again tonight - great to see.

If he can just slow his shot down a bit to get his foot under the ball slightly and get it off the ground a bit (which will come) he will be banging them in!

Great performance and great for us if he can keep this up

Got a bit of a swagger about him and can pick a pass.

Get him bulked up a bit and he will be even better
Exactly. That wee touch of gallus I think is the word - the lad is not afraid to try something different and is like a breath of fresh air. Hopefully he continues to progress, get more game time and this will show the other youngsters they do have a chance.

Thought he was great tonight. He'll look even better when Kent, Morelos, Aribo etc. are in the team around him.
Agree with this! Looking forward to seeing that. A couple of moments tonight he was a wee bit naive in possession but got away with it, which is common for players his age learning to play at this level. Apart from that his quality on the ball was first class, he should look even better with our best XI round about him.

He was so good tonight and displayed great control of the ball just like Aribo. He has a big future ahead - let’s hope it’s at Ibrox for many years to come even though we will have to implement the player-trading model.

anyone who's played fitba can see what a great fitba brain as well as talent Lowry has and playing in the first team could bring him on leaps and bounds. he's got a great future & I hope we get him tied down for as long as poss

Didnt play like a youth player making a tentative step up, played like he was part of the squad/team.

I think Gio needs to make a decision keep him up or not, I would go for keeping him the squad. Might not start every game, but should get on as much as possible.

I dont know how to express this, but he is a player that knows what the ball can do and what he can do with it.

Very exciting player who was one of the few to have the balls to try something different tonight - didn't always come off but he showed more than enough to keep trying to find a spark.

We can't stint this lads growth - he needs to be playing and learning from now until the end of the season.

I dont think that he had the balls as such, it was his natural game. Going to be top player.

Back