Fashion and Kent For Parkhead?

If fit I’d play

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Arfield Kamara

Sakala Aribo Kent

Roofe

Went for Balogun over Bassey as he is a huge threat at set pieces.
Agree!
Lots of experience there which will be required at their place with all the yahoos in full voice until we silence them!

I’d be going

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Arfiled/Sands

Wright
Aribio
Kent

Sakala

Pace on the counter we will scud them.

I’d be going

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Arfiled/Sands

Wright
Aribio
Kent

Sakala

Wright should be nowhere near the starting line up fs. All his half decent performances n Impacts have come from the bench. Sakala will start right, with Roofe up top.

Wright should be nowhere near the starting line up fs. All his half decent performances n Impacts have come from the bench. Sakala will start right, with Roofe up top.
Wouldn’t be against that but roofes calf will probably pop at the first sign of pressing their defence.

Wouldn’t be against that but roofes calf will probably pop at the first sign of pressing their defence.
Well that's always a concern definitely. Think we have a decision to make come the summer when it comes to the likes of Roofe and Jack. Quality when available but neither are available anywhere near enough and just using up wages that could be better used towards strengthening.

Would Rather:

------------Roofe-----------
Kent-------------------Sakala
------------Aribo-----------

This is the only Option with Kamara and Arfield in midfield. They are going to come at us with a steam train so the best thing we can do is go for the jugular. We cannot sit back against them or play too defensive or it will be a long night.

Its the obvious move. Stretch their already ropey defense with pace and skill out wide.
Speed and movement will make mincemeat of that back 4 and expose the equally dodgy keeper.

Its not just theyre less than great technically, you know there are mistake waiting to happen due to the poor decision making. If Rangers play fast and keep the ball moving its going to be a very long night for them.

All that before you even start of their fitness levels flopping late on.

A very long night indeed.

Think the only way it won’t be that is if Aribo starts wide. Gio might go with a midfield of Arfield, Kamara and Sands / Lundstrum to shore it up.

Be interesting to see how we line up.

We'll more than likely be looking to hit on the counter at the Piggery,so I would play Sakala through the middle with Kent and Aribo on either side.

I hope Arfield starts, Kamara and Jack behind him.

Sands will probably be in instead of Jack, if Jacks not ready. Hopefully he'll get a lot of game time on Saturday though.

Got to be.

With Aribo, Kamara, Arfield in midfield. Ryan Jack off the bench in the 2nd half.

Exactly how it has to be, unless Jack gets serious minutes in him on Saturday.

Would Rather:

------------Roofe-----------
Kent-------------------Sakala
------------Aribo-----------
If anyone thinks anything else outwith this, they're most likely wrong lol.

I think this is the strongest front 4 we've got at the current moment. (outwith Alfie obv, as he would start.)

I think you'll find we play County before Celtic.

How dare you talk about anything else before the County game!

dTIYCzxW_400x400.jpg

For me:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey/Balogun Barisic
Jack/Arfield Kamara
Kent Aribo Sakala
Roofe

Would also start this team at weekend to get match sharpness / familiarity playing together. Ideally bring Roofe and the 2nd CM beside Kamara after an hour or so with the game won.[/Img]

Same front 4 for me.

Arfield and Kamara to hold the midfield. Just too soon for Jack.

Bassey is the man in possession at the back.

The team that will beat the poets at the piggery.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Kamara Arfield
Sakala Aribo Kent
Roofe​

Boring answer is let's take care of Ross County first.

But next Wednesday is massive, and the best tactic will be to attack. I'd go 4-1-4-1 and look to take the game to them, they are the ones under pressure.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara

Sakala
Aribo
Arfield
Kent

Roofe

Kent Roofe Aribo
IF Jack is fit enough to start pushing Arfield as the 10
Otherwise Sakala wide right up against which ever ugly no mark they currently have at LB

I'd be surprised if it isn't this.

McGregor
Kamara Arfield
Sakala Aribo Kent
Roofe​
No brainer for me based on who we've got available.

Too early to be starting Jack and I think Bassey has done well enough to keep his place ahead of Balogun, especially when they aren't a particularly tall side.

I’d be going

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Arfiled/Sands

Wright
Aribio
Kent

Sakala

Wright?? :eek: If Wright gets a game of football next Wednesday it should only be because he has been transferred to another team.

Kent, Sakala, Aribo...obvious choices, our issue may be having a striker to get on the end of their supply.

Let’s get the three points away to Ross County first, then we can focus on putting them back in their box.

Wright?? :eek: If Wright gets a game of football next Wednesday it should only be because he has been transferred to another team.
Just don’t trust kemars calf problem to press their defence which will be needed in a game like this. Their keeper is prone to be a panic merchant when ball comes near him, we need to press and I think with the pace of Kent, sakala and Wright it could give them problems that way and on the counter attack.

The team that will beat the poets at the piggery.

McGregor
Kamara Arfield
Sakala Aribo Kent
Roofe​
Think we might be a little bit more defensive in the first half with Jack in Arfield.

Don't watch the Tims much but two things stand out.

1. Their midfield score goals from outside the box. We need 2 defensive midfielders to contract that.

2. They tire badly in the second half. Bringing Arfield on after 60 minutes could cause havoc on a tiring defence.

Additionally Sakala and Kent running at them will cause them problems.

McGregor

Tav Goldson ? Barisic

? Kamara

Sakala Aribo Kent
Roofe

We have two positions up for grabs as far as I see.
Do we play two DM such as Kamara/Jack/Lundstram/Sands or do we play a more dynamic attacking option such as Kamara/Arfield/Lowry, I see us going the more defensive option and would choose the Kamara/Jack.
In defense we have good options with the possibility of big Fil possibly returning but is it too early to pitch him straight back in?
Would be good if he had run out against Ross County on Sat, if Helander does not make it then Balogun should be given the shirt, we will be in a hostile environment and I would rather have old heads in the back line.
The pace of Sakala and Kent will worry the tims, I can see them pushing forward and us getting a lot of joy on the break.

Has Sakala started on the right before? I'd love a front 3 of Kent-Roofe-Sakala with Aribo as the 10 but keeping this in mind, my guess would be:

---------Roofe---------
Kent-Arfield-Aribo

Hard to leave either out IMO.
It took 2 defenders to face Sakala in last 2 games and he deserves chance to terrorize the Tim defence!
Kent also plays well at Parkhead so he needs to play also.
Maybe Fashion at striker position if Alfie not back?
100% for me

I don't want roofe through the middle anytime he's played up on his own he has not done enough, hold up play is poor.

I'd have sakala on the shoulder of those centre backs

It’ll depend on how Roofe and Diallo do on Saturday I think. Diallo won’t start unless he gets a good run out on Saturday and is fully fit.
Even if he’s on the bench I’d love to see him come on after an hour when Starfelt and co normally start blowing out their holes, and rip them to pieces with his ball skills.

Back