“Respect the decisions”

CumbrianBear

On Rangers' two penalty claims, Van Bronckhorst adds: "VAR will make it easier. These decisions that can be turning points, they can change the game, but there's no VAR, so end of discussion.

"What can we do? There is no VAR. Every decision that the referee will make, it cannot be overturned, so we have to respect the decision he makes."

While I agree there’s not a great deal to be done once the games finished, do we really need to respect the decisions the ref makes? Especially when it’s a common theme. Could of at least mentioned the separate incidents that were the turning points. That would be a start. Point out where the ref went wrong

That reply has as much spine as a jellyfish.

I don’t care if it’s sour grapes. We held talks with the SFA recently, what’s changed since then? Nothing.

We wonder why we don’t get decisions, because unlike the mutants we try to be diplomatic in everything we do, we don’t hound referees on the pitch, we don’t call them out publicly.

I don’t care if it’s sour grapes. We held talks with the SFA recently, what’s changed since then? Nothing.

We wonder why we don’t get decisions, because unlike the mutants we try to be diplomatic in everything we do, we don’t hound referees on the pitch, we don’t call them out publicly.
All those decades of Buckfast bottles being thrown through windows, excrement pushed through the letter box and primary school children being verbally abused in the street by grown men have reaped the ultimate dividend for the scum.
They now opt for the safe option everytime as there's no comeback.

Pissed me off to be honest.

Yes, we had our chances to win and final 3rd should have been far better but that doesn't mean constant shocking officiating against us is just to be respected.

We're the only team in Scotland who doesn't talk about decisions we should have had. How many times have managers come out after games vs us and said they should have had a penalty, or the ref made a bad decision and it cost them the game? We need to put pressure on their decisions because they're costing us.

The penalty against Morelos in Aberdeen and the hand ball today are two decisions worth 4 points. Both went against us.

Any other manager would have went ballistic but our manager has failed us big time with that weak,mealthy mouthed response to Madden's cheating today.

It is what it is. They’ve got the refs, they’ve got the media , they’ve got the SFA/SPFL, they even have the government but it’s football we are playing. WE have the best team and there’s fuckall any of them can do about that. I respect their inferiority and their desperation but it’ll not be enough.

I’m actually not sure what people want him to say to be honest
Quite easy to say that he felt the referee missed a clear penalty and he's not sure how him and his assistants missed a clear hand ball. Just as easy to say that there was a shirt pull on Sakala as he went to hit the ball and it's caused him to miss.

We're the only team in Scotland who doesn't highlight these calls.

Where were our players surrounding Madden at both those penalty shouts? I don't like to see players surrounding refs but for as long as it's tolerated we need to be having a go at refs.

If a certain club from the other side of the city was playing that game today - you could put your mortgage on at least 4 of them surrounding the ref. Whether you agree or disagree, it works.

The manager is correct, officials are part of the game. He's not a punter.
Whilst we had one stonewall penalty today and one that could clearly have been given (I'm not 100% on the rules) you won't get any objectivity from supporters.
We've been moaning about getting cheated for near on decades now, with all the different slants on how that works and has came about. It's not going to change is it?

Gio will probably have his day like any manager where he will have a rant about how poor the ref has been.....

What you want him to say exactly ?
List the contentious instances. Every other manager in the league does. I can’t remember a league game we won when the opposition manager didn’t girn about something that might have resulted in a different outcome. Robbie Neilson re Bacuna is the perfect example. McPake, who didn’t even know the rules, on McLaughlin at their penalty. Glass on our penalty when Sakala’s shirt was hauled back. There are plenty of examples and, if necessary, quote them and get the lawyers to use them if required.

Correct. Until these officials are terrified to leave the house for fear of retribution, as they are of the bheasts, nothing will change.

Sad that in Scotland people simply cannot be trusted to do their jobs properly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with him saying that. In fact I think its a good response. It's made clear the decisions were wrong and game changing without turning into a ranting lunatic.

Not like he just said we will accept whatever the ref says.

Gerrard used to do the same thing in that he didn’t make a big fuss out of decisions after the game. The only exception was obviously his first league game against Aberdeen when Morelos was sent off.

Gio just seems too nice sometimes as though he doesn't want to offend anyone or say anything that may be construed as controversial. He needs to remember he's the face of Rangers and what he says goes a long wet. He's there to speak up for is not to have other folk think he's a good guy.

He would be slaughtered if he said what he felt. He would be ridiculed with the "look how many decisions they get" lie. I don't know why people here don't get it. The narrative from the full msm is Rangers bad, Paedophile enablers good. For him to come out with what we want just creates a shitstorm of bad publicity which makes everyone hate us even more. It's a very fine line.

Tbf, I would rather he said something along the lines of "I cannot comment on these decisions, that only leads to me missing games".

Back