Aribo and Arfield

Gonna throw it out there that the players being mentioned in this thread are technical, one touch and who link up play.

A combination of tiredness, terrible ground conditions and a very well drilled St Johnstone team is going to have quite an effect on these types of players.

The two of them have been exceptional at times this season.

Don't think I have seen 2 players in more need of a break, Arfield could hardly sprint at the end of the game. Aribo has been off it for a few weeks but he isn't contributing to games now and he does nothing going back the way. We can't keep going back to the same players for the rest of the season. Really concerned
The manager choosing to run them in to the ground is unlikely to help.

The other problem is when we need to use the squad they won’t be match fit because they’ve had no minutes.

Surely we could have used Sakala and Roofe tonight
Correct! …. lack of fitness for the bench warmers. The players on the park ran into the ground, and squad player’s alienated because not trusted to come on for even 10mins into a team dead on it‘s feet. These are the ABCs of mismanagement - without even touching on the parkhead tactics, JL appearing at CB, and the keeper situation.

Last edited:
Both have been poor in our recent league matches.
I do feel that Aribo is much more effective playing forward rather than in midfield.

Don't think I have seen 2 players in more need of a break, Arfield could hardly sprint at the end of the game. Aribo has been off it for a few weeks but he isn't contributing to games now and he does nothing going back the way. We can't keep going back to the same players for the rest of the season. Really concerned
Aribo won MoM on Saturday did he not?

Both players been ran into the ground along with Kent and it’s not a surprise all struggled tonight. Not one sub was shocking management, and sums up Gio. Compared to Gerrard he doesn’t rotate as much and we really need to start if we don’t want to run out of steam before end of season. I wouldn’t be starting either arfield or aribo against Aberdeen mainly because they are clearly knackered and need a rest.

Yes, agree they didn't contribute much at all.

Both at times have been vital to use so I am not going to criticise them for their overall contribution but they both are badly out of form. We need to be winning games early and rotate but its been a real struggle to do that. This run in will not be pretty. Thankfully the other mob are dire too. two rebounds tonight. We just can't catch a break.

Arfield is now a good impact player off the bench and occasional starter. He looks knackered right now, no idea how he got the whole 90 minutes.

Sakala this season 33 matches, 7 goals, 2 assist over all comps. 1394 mins played. 155 mins per goal.

Arfield 34 matches, 5 goals, 0 assists. 1825 mins played. 365 mins per goal.

Mind blowing we don't start Sakala. Half as many mins to score a goal and he's a more natural RW ffs!

Sakala this season 33 matches, 7 goals, 2 assist over all comps. 1394 mins played. 155 mins per goal.

Arfield 34 matches, 5 goals, 0 assists. 1825 mins played. 365 mins per goal.

Mind blowing we don't start Sakala. Half as many mins to score a goal and he's a more natural RW ffs!
Sakala isn’t the answer either but in games like tonight he'd be the better option.

Back