Fan agitation seeping through to players

Govanfrnt

The 2nd half collapse against Motherwell and the sudden announcement of this Sydney farce, I feel riled our support to the point of mutiny but we need to rise above it for the sake of the club's progress

Since the old firm defeat we have beaten Hearts, Hibs and St Johnstone away without conceding a goal and have beaten Dortmund comfortably over 2 legs to reach the last 16 of the Europa.

People forget we were less than convincing in our last 5 games against St Johnstone prior to last night so a win and clean sheet should be welcomed.
In our last 5 games against hearts we failed to win in 3 of them and we all know our record against Hibs.
The 2 performances vs Dortmund were superb and the game against dundee utd was just one of those days as the performance itself was excellent at times.

Last nights effort and the performance from the moment Motherwell scored their 1st on Sunday was so nervy but why wouldn't it be when you consider how agitated we as fans have become in the stands and how empty our stadium is when we badly need a goal. How much more pressure do these players need on their shoulders?

The reality is Celtic have been awful since the Motherwell 4-0 game and I'm reading celtic fans saying it's like watching a lennon side of late. They are genuinely worried about the next few weeks as that's now 7 games in a row they have struggled.

We need to give ourselves a shake and get behind this Rangers team. Yes they've made mistakes up to this point but a good win at home to Aberdeen will put massive pressure on Celtic against Livi. They then play a Ross County team who over their last 20 games, bar Rangers and Celtic, have picked up more pnts than any other team in the league. They've then got us!

I've been angry and irritable of late but ive quickly realised it's counter productive publicly venting about performances, managerial decisions and the players mentality for days on end. We need to find it in ourself to rise above this new emotion that we're actually in a title race because Celtic will 100% have the potential to collapse here.

Logic would tell you the pressure should be on their shoulders not ours. Celtic spent £25m this season to improve on team that they've already spent £40m + on over the past 10 years. In contrast our entire squad cost £23m to put together. We've got no right to expect a clear run at this campaign and we need to adopt that mentality to get through the next couple of months

Its always on the fans isn’t it? Everything always becomes our fault.

This time it isn’t. Everything leads straight back the board.

Utterly sick of us being blamed for everything now, if we don’t win the league it is NOTHING to do with us.

The players are quite capable of downing tools on their own as they have shown many times in the past. Remember when Gerrard said he needed the fans on point - we made a horrendous noise of support the follow game and the players still fucking chucked it.

These players are playing for a massive club. Challenging for a title and progressing in Europe. If they think it's OK to give up because they won the league last season they're very much mistaking. They're not doing this job for free and if they can't rise to the occasion or at least show they are trying then they can expect to flak and rightly so.

Fed up with the support taking the blame for everything.

Last night's result demonstrated that the team can knuckle down and fight for a win under pressure without playing with any flair. Every game from here on in will see the same pressure against better opposition. The team need to be able to fight and play better.

too-long-didnt-read.gif

1. The players are to blame for Sunday’s capitulation
2. The board are to blame for the Sydney debacle.

Utterly sick of us being blamed for everything now, if we don’t win the league it is NOTHING to do with us.
It happens every time we drop points now. The fans weren't the reason we collapsed against Motherwell. Or fucked the lead at Ross County. Or couldn't finish their dinner against Dundee United. Or shite the bed at Celtic Park and Pittodrie.

I would buy that except they’ve been pretty shite since the start of the season.

Stop making excuses for them. Although Gio isn’t helping by rinsing the same 11 every game.

Sundays second half capitulation had nothing to do with the fans.
No its the players that let us down. Ive said that but we've got 2 choices we can stay angry and jump on every mistake that's made and walk out of stadiums with 10mins to go in disgust or we can get over ourselves and try and encourage a group who are clearly struggling to deal with a high pressure situation against an opposition who have invested heavily into squad.

There was no anxiety within the support prior to the Dundee United collapse.

Quite the opposite in fact. The crowd were happy, unconcerned and pretty impressed with the first 45 minutes I'd suggest.

Always the fucking fans, eh?

We have a squad that have lost just two league games in nearly two seasons and just put Borrusia Dortmund out of the Europa League.

If they’re going to wilt at the first bit of pressure they’ve had in those nearly two seasons, then it has hee-haw to do with us.

The players are quite capable of downing tools on their own as they have shown many times in the past. Remember when Gerrard said he needed the fans on point - we made a horrendous noise of support the follow game and the players still fucking chucked it.

These players are playing for a massive club. Challenging for a title and progressing in Europe. If they think it's OK to give up because they won the league last season they're very much mistaking. They're not doing this job for free and if they can't rise to the occasion or at least show they are trying then they can expect to flak and rightly so.

"Fans taking blame for everything"

"Everything always becomes our fault"

Not really what I said though was it

If they are feeling the heat from a few fans , then they are weak willed and not mentally up to it.

Man up and win the fucking title

There was no anxiety within the support prior to the Dundee United collapse.

Quite the opposite in fact. The crowd were happy, unconcerned and pretty impressed with the first 45 minutes I'd suggest.
I know I'm not saying there was then. I'm saying since the 1st Motherwell goal on the Sunday the level of anxiety amongst our support has been mental. Yes it was a poor result but we can't let it hang over us into the next game like we did going into yesterday.

We're up against a rival who can spend more in a season than we spend on our entire squad. We are the underdogs here. I fear too many in our stands are expecting this Rangers team to steamroll sides.

Let's be honest some of our fans don't know how to support a football team. Some of the shouts / comments you hear from people at times is embarrassing and when things don't go well it must be hard for the players to play with confidence. However that has always been the case with our support and it isn't going to change so the players just need to find a way to cope with it or move on to somewhere where they can pick up their wage with little pressure.

We’re sick of seeing failure.

We haven’t won anywhere near what we should’ve and haven’t even got to the point where 1 final a year is likely.

No wonder the fans go mental, there’s only so many times you can witness this group of players bottle it.

The 2nd half collapse against Motherwell and the sudden announcement of this Sydney farce, I feel riled our support to the point of mutiny but we need to rise above it for the sake of the club's progress

Since the old firm defeat we have beaten Hearts, Hibs and St Johnstone away without conceding a goal and have beaten Dortmund comfortably over 2 legs to reach the last 16 of the Europa.

People forget we were less than convincing in our last 5 games against St Johnstone prior to last night so a win and clean sheet should be welcomed.
In our last 5 games against hearts we failed to win in 3 of them and we all know our record against Hibs.
The 2 performances vs Dortmund were superb and the game against dundee utd was just one of those days as the performance itself was excellent at times.

Last nights effort and the performance from the moment Motherwell scored their 1st on Sunday was so nervy but why wouldn't it be when you consider how agitated we as fans have become in the stands and how empty our stadium is when we badly need a goal. How much more pressure do these players need on their shoulders?

The reality is Celtic have been awful since the Motherwell 4-0 game and I'm reading celtic fans saying it's like watching a lennon side of late. They are genuinely worried about the next few weeks as that's now 7 games in a row they have struggled.

We need to give ourselves a shake and get behind this Rangers team. Yes they've made mistakes up to this point but a good win at home to Aberdeen will put massive pressure on Celtic against Livi. They then play a Ross County team who over their last 20 games, bar Rangers and Celtic, have picked up more pnts than any other team in the league. They've then got us!

I've been angry and irritable of late but ive quickly realised it's counter productive publicly venting about performances, managerial decisions and the players mentality for days on end. We need to find it in ourself to rise above this new emotion that we're actually in a title race because Celtic will 100% have the potential to collapse here.

Logic would tell you the pressure should be on their shoulders not ours. Celtic spent £25m this season to improve on team that they've already spent £40m + on over the past 10 years. In contrast our entire squad cost £23m to put together. We've got no right to expect a clear run at this campaign and we need to adopt that mentality to get through the next couple of months
So there is actually someone on FF who talks sense.

They’re not - but they never want take the blame for anything!!

Players win titles not fans, if the players turn up and show they're hungry for this title they'll have my full support.
The fans didn’t help on Sunday as they started getting on the players backs after the first goal.
and then when the second goal went in it was off the scale with plenty getting up and leaving when the second went in.
Then when clock hit the 80th and 85th minute the exodus was bonkers and the team were fighting for the winner.
So the fans most certainly do need to have a look hard at themselves because they don’t help .

They’re not - but they never want take the blame for anything!!
Even if that was true, which it might be. The fans are not to blame for the team playing shite and that crops up all too often. The fans are often an easy target to say they've done something wrong - sometimes they have and deserve to be picked on but in other things, like the team performance, they are not.

The fans didn’t help on Sunday as they started getting on the players backs after the first goal.
and then when the second goal went in it was off the scale with plenty getting up and leaving when the second went in.
Then when clock hit the 80th and 85th minute the exodus was bonkers and the team were fighting for the winner.
So the fans most certainly do need to have a look hard at themselves because they don’t help .
The fans will always be a reflection of what the players do on the park but I agree the leaving early en masse and the constant moaning after every stray ball is not helpful. I however refuse to point the blame at poor results or poor form at fans who pay their hard earned money to support the team. This is Rangers and also this club comes a certain level of expectation.

"Fans taking blame for everything"

"Everything always becomes our fault"

Not really what I said though was it
I get that mate but your opening line was "The 2nd half collapse against Motherwell and the sudden announcement of this Sydney farce, I feel riled our support to the point of mutiny but we need to rise above it for the sake of the club's progress"

You're asking the fans to rise above it which suggests the fans have something to do with performance does it not. Or am I just reading your line wrong? If so, apologies.

I'll be there on Saturday full of enthusiasm.

But deep down I know these players will always let us down.

It's what they do.

The fans will always be a reflection of what the players do on the park but I agree the leaving early en masse and the constant moaning after every stray ball is not helpful. I however refuse to point the blame at poor results or poor form at fans who pay their hard earned money to support the team. This is Rangers and also this club comes a certain level of expectation.
A certain level of expectation should also come from the fans and that should be supporting the team to the bitter end and not turning on the players.

A certain level of expectation should also come from the fans and that should be supporting the team to the bitter end and not turning on the players.
Football is an emotional game, turning on the players is one thing but a certain level of frustration when things aren't going well is to be expected. You need a strong character to play for this club and if you don't have it you don't stay.

I find it very hard to believe that the fans on here who incessantly criticise, have to always be seen to be rallying against 'the man' and overcome by a general state of misery when it comes to Rangers all of a sudden bounce along to Ibrox and become an uber positive superfan on matchday.

If supporting Rangers made me that miserable I'd find something else to do.

Football is an emotional game, turning on the players is one thing but a certain level of frustration when things aren't going well is to be expected. You need a strong character to play for this club and if you don't have it you don't stay.
How sad that you think like that. Im a Rangers supporter and I don’t share that point of view . I support the players from the first minute to the last and don’t moan.

Excellent post. 9 league games to go with all to play for, so the players and management could do with every bit of backing the support can muster. If the team and Gio fall short, at least the support can say they did their part. That's not always the case sadly.

Fans anxiety always seems to get the better of them. The reaction to last night is utterly delirious. We won.

How sad that you think like that. Im a Rangers supporter and I don’t share that point of view . I support the players from the first minute to the last and don’t moan.
So which of these statements is incorrect??

Football is an emotional game and frustrations from fans is inevitable.

You need a big character to play for Rangers
. Those that haven't had one don't last.

Good. Just so long as the fans know it was nothing to do with them when Rangers win this Title...

Surprise surprise its all the fans fault our players are weak. Sick of these threads. Also find it laughable you say about the bheasts spending while just completely missing out what they have brought in. Very strange post

There's some proper weird posts today. I can only assume with the intention of starting some in fighting as they seem to be unjustifiably argumentative. Also random mentions of Union jacks and WATP. Trying to hard??

All these posters seem to have one thing in common, not a lot of posts. B-D

A lot of words to get it wrong.
The players are the main problem and Gio secondary for not making the necessary changes.

So its the fans fault arfield couldnt hit a barn door ,that mcgregor losing stupid goals , if you cant take the pressure from fans then you shouldnt be playing for rangers , top players around the world adapt to the pressure thats why they are top players , the players just need to show the fight and desire

Away and don’t talk utter shite. What was the problem before that? Did someone say a naughty word

Back